Spock's Funeral SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HD
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 9, 2011
Captain Kirk (William Shatner) delivers an emotional eulogy for his friend Spock.
TM & © Paramount (2011)
Buy Movie: http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UT...
Scene: Spock's Funeral - http://movieclips.com/KoB5-star-trek-...
Movie Details: Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (1982) - http://movieclips.com/Aqbp-star-trek-...
Cast: Merritt Butrick, James Doohan, DeForest Kelley, Walter Koenig, Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, George Takei, Kirstie Alley, Bibi Besch, Nichelle Nichols
Director: Nicholas Meyer
Producer: Harve Bennett, Robert Sallin, William F. Phillips
Screenwriter: Gene Roddenberry, Harve Bennett, Jack B. Sowards, Nicholas Meyer, Samuel A. Peeples
Film Description: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is a 1982 American science fiction film released by Paramount Pictures. The film is the second feature based on the Star Trek science fiction franchise. The plot features James T. Kirk (William Shatner) and the crew of the starship USS Enterprise facing off against the genetically-engineered tyrant Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montalbán), a character who first appeared in the 1967 Star Trek television series episode "Space Seed". When Khan escapes from a 15-year exile to exact revenge on Kirk, the crew of the Enterprise must stop him from acquiring a powerful terraforming device named Genesis. The film concludes with the death of Enterprise crewmember Spock (Leonard Nimoy), beginning a story arc that continues through 1986's Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
After the lackluster critical and commercial response to Star Trek: The Motion Picture, series creator Gene Roddenberry was forced out of the sequel's production. Executive producer Harve Bennett wrote the film's original outline, which Jack B. Sowards developed into a full script. Director Nicholas Meyer completed the final script in 12 days, without accepting a writing credit. Meyer's approach evoked the swashbuckling atmosphere of the original series, and the theme was reinforced by James Horner's musical score. Leonard Nimoy only reprised his role as Spock because the character's death was intended to be irrevocable. Negative test audience reaction to Spock's death led to significant revisions of the ending over Meyer's objections. The production used various cost-cutting techniques to keep within budget, including utilizing miniatures from past projects and re-using effects footage and costumes from the previous movie. Among the film's technical achievements is the first complete feature film sequence created entirely with computer-generated graphics.
The Wrath of Khan was released in North America on June 4, 1982. It was a box office success, earning US$97 million worldwide and setting a world record for first-day box office gross. Critical reaction to the film was positive; reviewers highlighted Khan, the film's pacing and the character interactions as strong elements. Negative reaction focused on weak special effects and some of the acting. The Wrath of Khan is generally considered one of the best films of the Star Trek series and is credited with creating renewed interest in the franchise.
Plot: The film opens with the Vulcan Lieutenant Saavik in command of the starship USS Enterprise. The vessel is on a rescue mission to save the crew of a damaged ship in the Neutral Zone along the border with Klingon space when it is attacked by Klingon cruisers and critically damaged. The "attack" is revealed to be a training exercise known as the "Kobayashi Maru"; a no-win scenario designed to test the character of Starfleet officers. Admiral James T. Kirk oversees the simulator session of Captain Spock's trainees.
The USS Reliant is on a mission to search for a lifeless planet for testing of the Genesis Device, a torpedo that reorganizes matter to create habitable worlds for colonization. Reliant officers Commander Pavel Chekov and Captain Clark Terrell beam down to the surface of a possible candidate planet, Ceti Alpha VI, where they are captured by genetically engineered tyrant Khan Noonien Singh. The Enterprise discovered Khan's ship adrift in space fifteen years previously; Kirk exiled Khan and his fellow supermen from 20th century Earth to Ceti Alpha V. Khan reveals that after they were marooned, Ceti Alpha VI exploded, destroying Ceti Alpha V's ecosystem and shifting its orbit. Khan blames Kirk for the death of his wife and plans to avenge her. He implants Chekov and Terrell with indigenous, mind-controlling eels that enter the ears of their victims and uses the officers to gain control of the Reliant. Learning of the existence of Genesis, Khan attacks Space Station Regula I where the device is being developed by Kirk's former lover, Dr. Carol Marcus, and their son, David.
The Enterprise embarks on a training voyage under the command of Spock. Kirk takes...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:43 Khan, You Bloodsucker SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby MOVIECLIPSFeatured 36,407
- 2:35 Spock Dies SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby MOVIECLIPS 182,615 views
- 2:24 Khan's Last Breath SCENE - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan MOVIE (1982) - HDby MOVIECLIPS 60,371 views
- 2:35 Spock Dies - Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (6/8) Movie CLIP (1982) HDby MOVIECLIPS 42,192 views
- 5:22 Scott & Picard ** Star Trek TNG Relics ( Holodeck )by Assunfer 135,792 views
- Spock 7,619 videos25
- 3:08 1991 Star Trek II Death of Spockby Horace Crump 15,670 views
- 2:19 Star Trek (8/9) Movie CLIP - Spock Meets Spock (2009) HDby movieclips 87,654 views
- 1:17 KHAAAAAAN! original scene uneditedby James0Zero's channel 117,384 views
- 3:22 Leonard Nimoy's Cameo on The Big Bang Theoryby Akshayk26's channel 186,822 views
- 15:49 Leonard Nimoy does a William Shatner Impression on Hero Complex: The Show - Part 2by Nerdist 220,538 views
- 3:27 Apollo 13 (10/11) Movie CLIP - It's Been a Privilege Flying With You (1995) HDby MOVIECLIPS 154,363 views
- 3:04 The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon never again!!!by adammikusovsky 346,190 views
- 14:40 Spock Quotesby BeckyTheTrekky 47,156 views
- 0:30 Data's question to Spockby BlaiseOrban 263,851 views
- 6:13 TNG Tasha Memorial Serviceby VoyagerFan 64,707 views
- 2:36 The Miracle Worker SCENE - Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home MOVIE (1986) - HDby MOVIECLIPS 44,466 views
- 1:55 1991 Star Trek II Funeral Ceremony For Spockby Ymmuymi 2,670 views
- 1:18 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Alternate Sceneby Vernon Wilmer Video 53,105 views
- 6:46 "Escape of Khan" - Launch of the Botany Bayby VideoSpaceFX 82,893 views
- 1:03 Star Trek III - Destruction of the USS Enterpriseby ianthetitan 218,004 views
- Loading more suggestions...