Asidua shortlisted for University of Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Award 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 21, 2012
In March 2011 Asidua became the first employer to be shortlisted twice for the prestigious University of Ulster Placement Employers of the Year Awards. Today the IT services company are pleased to announce that this record has been surpassed... by themselves!
Now entering its fourth year, the University of Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Awards recognise local employers' contributions to student employability through Work-Based and Placement Learning.
In 2009 Asidua were crowned the winners of the inaugural University of Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Awards. In 2011 their success was increased as Asidua became the first company to be shortlisted for the University award twice.
This year the IT and telecoms integration specialists are celebrating once again as they have been successfully shortlisted in the over 50 employees category, along with Almac, Southern Youth and Family Services, Sita Inc Ireland.
This latest achievement follows the company's recent success at the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS) Excellence Awards; were Asidua were nominated by the Career Development Centre at the University of Ulster.
Commenting on this recent latest success, Asidua Chief Operations Officer, Angela Canavan said: "Asidua is ecstatic to once again be shortlisted for the upcoming University of Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Awards. As a previous winner, we have always felt honoured to be given the opportunity to assist local universities with the ongoing development of our next generation. An honour that we are delighted has been recognised once more."
Over the past few years, the Belfast based IT services company has achieved significant growth on a global basis, a growth which is being shared throughout the company. "In addition to our continued business successes, our scholarship, placement and graduate programmes continue to grow year on year," explained Angela.
"Our scholarship programme, which this year has been expanded to include universities in West Midlands, has grown to 16 current scholars. Our placement and work based learning opportunities also continue to expand; allowing us to ensure that at least 10% of our increasing workforce is made up by students -- students who are given the opportunity to work on real projects and gain access to the latest technologies and training."
The winners of the University of Ulster Placement Employer of the Year Awards for 2011 are set to be announced at a black tie award ceremony on Thursday the 10th May in the Loughview suite of the University of Ulster Jordanstown campus. It's a date that Asidua is hoping will allow them to set another record -- by becoming the first employer to take the prestigious university accolade on two separate occasions.
Standard YouTube License
- 15:13 Video Presentation: Practical Teamworkby AsiduaTV204 views
- 14:21 Asidua Scholarship Programmeby AsiduaTV751 views
- 6:21 Asidua Scholarship Programme - Barry Haugheyby AsiduaTV130 views
- 10:19 Almac Grand Opening 2011by AlmacClinServs649 views
- 6:01 Asidua Scholarship Programme - Sean Carlinby AsiduaTV205 views
- 6:45 Student Occupying!! University of Ulster.by mafypixels1,197 views
- 4:06 Youth Initiatives Promotional Videoby Mark Robinson258 views
- 7:08 Youth Work & Community Course NUI Maynoothby ruam2459 views
- 5:11 University of Ulster - Generalby Jonathan Holland1,736 views
- 5:46 Asidua Scholarship Programme - Emma Davidsonby AsiduaTV169 views
- 8:03 University of Ulster Graduations 2011by UlsterUniversity2,166 views
- 3:59 University of Ulster - London and Birmingham Branch Campusesby Martin Farrow278 views
- 7:45 University of Ulster Campus Tour - Jordanstownby StudyAtUlster1,222 views
- 6:43 Wollongong Australia - Moving to Australia watch thisby movingtoaustralia10,211 views
- 3:54 Asidua BringITonby AsiduaTV46 views
- 5:24 Out of Order Flash Mob at University of Ulster, Jordanstownby Outoforder20111,824 views
- 5:11 University of Ulsterby StudyAtUlster1,602 views
- 4:01 University of Ulster Campus Tour - Belfastby StudyAtUlster974 views
- 2:00 How to Make employees efficent-Funnyby Jagjit Sikka134,519 views
- 2:56 BBC Interview with Máire Gallagher & Angela Canavanby seconnections123 views
- Loading more suggestions...