Door to door solicitation in Boise Idaho
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 10, 2011
Do you know what to do when a door to door sales person comes knocking at your doorstep? Learn the law and pick up some good advice for anyone who has ever had a solicitor come calling.
Throughout the year Boise residents can find door to door sales taking place in our neighborhoods. Although most of the activity is completely legal, there are some solicitors who do not follow the law, use aggressive tactics, and a few who are just plain looking to commit crimes. This video produced by the Boise Police Crime Prevention unit is intended to educate citizens who have concerns about door to door solicitors. This brief video offers advice on what to do with an aggressive solicitor, some valuable advice on what to ask for and tips for consumers.
Here are some suggestions!
- Always ask for a Boise City issued license from the person who knocks at your door trying to sell a product. They are required by city code to have a permit on them at all times when selling door to door.
- Never allow or invite a solicitor into your home. They can conduct their business on the step without exposing you and your family to unnecessary risk
- Ask the solicitor for written information about the company and product to determine exactly who you are dealing with and what they have to sell.
- It is a good idea to inform them that you intend to research the product and company before making a purchase at the door.
- Avoid giving personal or financial information to anyone you do not know, at the door, in the mail and online
- If a door to door solicitor is aggressive, makes you uncomfortable or cannot produce the requested permit, contact law enforcement immediately and provide police with the description and direction of travel the solicitor has taken
- Door to door solicitation in the City of Boise is legal between the daytime hours of 9 a.m. to a half hour after sunset.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:13 Door-to-Door Dangerby Rhett & Link 2 Featured 119,354
- 44:02 BECOME A MASTER DOOR TO DOOR HVAC SALES REPby Robert Mudenge3,169 views
- 13:59 Roofing Sales Training - 15 Percent Off The Roofing Saleby roofingblueprint3,070 views
- 6:22 Roofing Sales Training - Learn How To Sell Roofingby roofingblueprint2,062 views
- 10:14 How To Buy and Sell a Stock?by Make Money Trading Stocks1,276 views
- 16:06 Door To Door Roofing Salesby RoofingEstimatorPro6,777 views
- 7:15 Dealing with door-to-door sales -- part oneby Victoria Legal Aid4,821 views
- 22:32 Door To Door Sales Training 1 of 2by Paul Shakuri18,069 views
- 13:00 Sales Objections #1by interstatesales9,505 views
- 7:15 Roofing Sales Training - Roofing Selling Skillsby RoofingEstimatorPro2,416 views
- 8:21 Crim Law #5: Inchoate Crimes Part 1 of 3 Solicitation, Attempt, Conspiracyby Barcoachguru4,247 views
- 7:09 Door to Door Sales: Why 95% of People Won't Do Itby Michael Blongiewicz153 views
- 32:03 Door to Door Video Selling Final Expense Life Insuranceby Christopher Westfall28,058 views
- 12:56 From Elko, NV to Boise, ID on Hwy 255: SCARY!!!by Sergie Dratchev3,104 views
- 8:17 Detailed Door Hanger Marketing Advice For Lawn Care & Landscape Businesses Part 1by Lawn Care Millionaire5,200 views
- 6:59 A day-in-the-life of a Boise Police School Resource Officer!by boisepolice25,196 views
- 1:33 Benny Brown on the ban on doorstep sellingby TravellersTimes4,747 views
- 7:58 Handling objections at the front doorby Tony Hoty60,903 views
- 2:49 SALES TIP: Door-to-Door Selling After Darkby Kim Robinson9,121 views
- 6:24 Home Security Sales Training - Selling Security Door To Doorby homesecuritysales16,986 views
- Loading more suggestions...