Who Does Bill Maher Really Work For?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 6, 2012
"Like most of the corrupt mainstream media, Bill Maher and his 'Real Time panel' spent a great deal of time trying to explain the reasons why the Arizona shootings occurred. And while it was clear to the MSM that patsy Jared 'Lone Nut' Loughner committed the acts because of mental problems, the question was why people like him turn to violence in the first place. One suggestion Maher put on the table: America's lack of universal health care.
The official topic at hand was gun control, and gun culture in certain parts of the country. Maher noted that it appears "half the country is armed and half isn't," leading to a troubling cultural divide, and unevenly distributing violent crime. Looking for a different model, the panel turned toward Canada, which has strict but not entirely prohibitive gun laws and one of the lowest crime rates in the world.
Thomson Reuters Global Editor-at-Large Chrystia Freeland brought her own personal experience to the debate, having been raised in Calgary, and pointing out that, despite people owning guns (including her dad), shootings are few and far between. Keeping with the Canada theme, she also noted that bank regulations had helped Canada avoid a problematic economic situation, and that they have government-subsidized health care.
Maher pounced on this last bit to return to the topic at hand, but didn't make the conventional connection. Many will argue that lack of adequate mental health services will keep a crazy person crazy, and thus in some cases attract them to violence and make them more likely to commit violent acts. From this skeleton of an argument, Maher constructs something slightly more elaborate, and significantly flimsier: "Because we don't have government health care-- that's one reason why a crazy person gets a gun, because, you know what? It's hard for a crazy person to get a job, so therefore it's hard for a crazy person to get health care in a country that doesn't have government [health care]."
The argument doesn't really speak to gun regulation at all so much as the desires of crazy people to pick up guns, so the panel steered towards debating mental health over gun control instead, but couldn't tie them together again the way Maher was attempting to.
"If freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
Standard YouTube License
- 21:36 The Truth About Television (YOU ARE BEING BRAINWASHED!)by Ruttie219,824 views
- 4:40 Satanic Priest Prayer in US Congress! Cuts Microphone Then Camerasby MrLads136,209 views
- 53:22 THE LIGHTBRINGERS- The Emissaries of Jahbulonby MrLads135,183 views
- 54:19 HBO Real Time with Bill Maher New Rules Best of 2013by ThePurpleKharma640,345 views
- 53:00 Bill Maher calls Howard Stern to qualify 9/11/01 commentsby ARMon Quwaymantisdale81,227 views
- 22:59 Robert Jeffress: Bill Maher, Mormons, and America's Demise (LIFE Today)by lifetodaytv10,405 views
- 1:19:44 Legend Of Atlantis (Part 2) the Emissaries of Jahbulonby MrLads131,395 views
- 9:43 9/11 Bill Maher vs Mos Defby TheFlexEffect447,309 views
- 2:43 Insane Nancy Grace gets owned by Elizabeth Smartby neoclassic093,025,143 views
- 2:01 Bill Maher gets owned big timeby Tahir W72,581 views
- 1:26 911 Bill O'Reilly no match vs. Jesse Venturaby malakh1960twintowers81,676 views
- 5:41 Fox & Friends covers Bill Maher Pope commentby nside911job14,370 views
- 1:22:41 'Presidential Secrets'-- Former CIA Black Op Speaks Out with ex-FBI Ted Gundersonby MrLads1359,576 views
- 1:24:39 Slavery By Consent ( Full Version)by MrLads13642,520 views
- 5:41 Alan Grayson Steals the Show on Real Time w/ Bill Maherby SocialistLiberal117,367 views
- 5:34 Alex Jones response to Michael Moore, Bill Maher and Obama!by Hmida Mahmoud1,605 views
- 8:05 9/11 Jesse Ventura vs FOX news (OUTFOXED)by TheFlex2122,288 views
- 4:40 Real Time - Bill Maher (2012-03-03) Gun Control & Dumb Gun Lawsby Pariah200172,348 views
- 1:07:04 Bill Maher - (2012) Crazy Stupid Politics [uncensored]by TheDustFactory499,815 views
- 1:16:47 Bill Maher - I'm Swiss (2005)by TheCreedofXor80,268 views
- Loading more suggestions...