2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Test Drive & SUV Video Review
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 30, 2012
http://www.autobytel.com/new-cars/vol... The 2012 Volkswagen Touareg is the only Diesel non-luxury SUV being sold in America today, and is a five passenger full size SUV. The days of diesel being smokey and sooty are over, and there really aren't any downsides to owning a clean diesel vehicle. Not only does the Touareg have a ton of available torque, but it gets excellent fuel economy as well. The base price of a 2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Sport model is $46,875 with the top of the line TDI Executive edition going for $58,595.
The Touareg's turbo and direct injected 3.0 liter V-6 diesel is much cleaner that regular gas powered SUVs in the segment. The 2012 Volkswagen Touareg produces 225 horsepower and an amazing 406 lb-ft. of torque. All this grunt comes at a good price, because the VW's fuel economy is 19 MPG in the city and 28 MPG on the highway. As a reference, the TDI gets 18% better fuel economy than the standard gasoline powered version, in fact the 2012 Volkswagen Touareg has a range of over 720 miles on one tank of gas before needing a fill-up.
On the inside the 2012 Volkswagen Touareg offers the high class touch and feel you would come to expect from a German manufacturer. Other SUVs in this segment cannot compare to the quality interior possessed by the Touareg. The seats are not only comfortable but supportive. High end leather abounds and even the rear seats are heated and can be reclined. The wood trim looks great and the Touareg has a multi-function steering wheel and available touch screen navigation.
On the outside, the Touareg features brilliant LED Daytime Running Lights which are normally found on luxury vehicles. The panoramic sunroof is a giant piece of glass that almost stretches the entire length of the vehicle. The rear hatch is automatic and all you have to do is hit the button to have it raise or lower. The Touareg sports huge 20 inch rims that look great.
The 2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI is an SUV that boarders on luxury. The powerful and fuel efficient engine can tow 7,700 lbs. without hesitation. The interior is very upscale and the driving dynamics are quite sporty for a large SUV.
See More Car Videos
Join Our Facebook Page
Standard YouTube License
- 6:57 Range Rover SUV 2013 review - CarBuyerby CarBuyer Featured 171,118
- 3:30 2012 Cadillac Escalade Test Drive & Luxury SUV Video Reviewby Autobytel191,010 views
- 4:21 2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI Test Drive & Car Video Reviewby Autobytel64,437 views
- 5:25 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Test Drive & Car Video Reviewby Autobytel77,235 views
- 4:15 2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Test Drive & Luxury SUV Video Reviewby Autobytel208,502 views
- 15:19 Top 4 Crossovers that can never go off-roadby The Fast Lane Car210,051 views
- 13:13 2013 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Demonstrationby MotorNewsWeekly12,116 views
- 36 videos Play all Auto suv e fuoristradaby MotorTravel
- 11:24 2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Colorado Rocky Mountain Off-Road Reviewby The Fast Lane Car40,625 views
- 6:22 2012 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Use, Towing and Offroading Reviewby RealWorldRoadTest134,396 views
- 9:20 Volkswagen Touareg vs Acura MDX | Comparison by Burnsville Volkswagenby LutherBurnsvilleVW30,865 views
- 4:19 Volkswagen Touareg SUV review - CarBuyerby CarBuyer335,038 views
- 2:12 2013 VW Touareg TDI - SUV | 5 Reasons To Buy | AutoTrader.comby AutoTrader.com11,482 views
- 10:13 VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG R-line: Тест-драйв в программе Москва рулит.by Анастасия Трегубова325,852 views
- 15:23 2012 Motor Trend SUV of the Year - Competition Overviewby Motor Trend Channel356,834 views
- 3:59 Volkswagen Touareg : Car Reviewby NEWCARNET77,607 views
- 7:49 2011 VW Touareg Diesel reviewby Motormouth Canada59,631 views
- 3:40 Volkswagen CC saloon review - CarBuyerby CarBuyer288,028 views
- 16:59 2012 Volkswagen Touareg. Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour.by MegaRetr28,288 views
- 10:52 WALK AROUND 2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI EXECUTIVE Diesel at Trend Motors VW in Rockaway, NJby TrendMotorsVW31,010 views