Rachel Maddow Brutally Tears Dick Morris Apart. WOW. OUCH!!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 5, 2013
Last month, Rachel Maddow did a segment on how some conservative PACs and fundraising organizations might really be scams, citing Fox News pundit Dick Morris's Super PAC for America as an example. As a result, Maddow received a letter from Morris' lawyer stating that not only was Maddow incorrect about a large sum of the money Morris raised going right back into his pockets, but it is not Morris' organization, despite him once referring to it as "my organization."
Dick Morris became notorious during the 2012 election for his overwhelmingly bullish predictions of a Romney victory that ultimately blew up in his face. There were a lot of pundits who got the election wrong, but Maddow singled out Morris as getting it "spectacularly wrong" and becoming a "touchstone" for just how badly Republicans read the polls in the past year.
Maddow revealed that she got sent a letter by Morris' lawyer regarding her referral to Super PAC for America as Morris' organization, asking that it not be referred to as Morris' organization, despite Maddow pointing out that Morris actually did refer to it as "my organization" in a post on his website running up to the 2010 midterms. The letter claims Morris was only asked by the organization to help it in its goal to elect Mitt Romney last year, but as stated above, Morris called it "my organization" over a year before the election actually began.
Maddow couldn't fathom why Morris would want to distance himself for the organization, and while making it clear that Morris' title is only "chief strategist," she still found it striking that he called it "my organization." And while most Super PAC are supposed to be safe harbors for the big donors to shovel money into, Super PAC for America raised over $2.1 million dollars in multiple contributions of $200 and under in the last few weeks of the election.
Maddow revisited the segment she did last month to point out that much of the Super PAC's "fundraising" money went to the conservative website NewsMax, and since Morris rented his e-mail list to NewsMax, Maddow again brought up her hypothesis that much of the money Morris raised from donors to help defeat President Obama ultimately went right back to him.
The letter from Morris' lawyer to Maddow quibbled with her claim last month that a "substantial" portion of that money went right back to Morris, but they did confirm that the way she described the money flow was accurate. Maddow apologized for overstating how much money went back to Morris, but as for the rest of it, Maddow stuck by her story and said she's not just going to retract something just because people don't like it.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:30 Rachel Maddow Is Pissed. A Special Place In Hellby ONEINDACHAMBER187Featured 49,460
- 1:17:41 Howard Stern Interviews Rachel Maddow (3-28-12)by CpowersDMB1 40,153 views
- 11:53 Republican Extremist Lunatics Shamed by Rachel Maddowby krumble104 29,320 views
- 1:32:53 O'Reilly vs Stewart Debate - Full Video ***480p DVD QUALITY*** The Rumbleby Marina Zarazo 196,069 views
- 14:58 Rachel Maddow - David Bahati "Kill The Gays" Bill Sponsor - Pt. Oneby SuchIsLifeVideos 62,962 views
- 44:11 "Hubris" (Full Film) Iraq War Documentary - Rachel Maddow (02-18-2013)by Grady Carter 53,214 views
- 10:46 Former Fox News Reporter Tells Allby David Pakman Show 166,914 views
- 17:41 Rachel Maddow. SANDY HOOK EPIC RANT!!! Gun Control. TEARS Into Ted Cruz.by ONEINDACHAMBER187 73,418 views
- 10:57 Rachel Maddow smacks down racist Pat Buchananby AntiConformist911 266,389 views
- 7:00 Dick Morris Crying About Electionby David Pakman Show 174,164 views
- 2:23 Sarah Palin's Election Night Meltdownby TYTshows 320,092 views
- 6:14 Rachel Maddow's Hilarious Rick Santorum Updateby ThePrincessHira 12,569 views
- 1:52 Maddow Wins Best Video Clip Of The 2012by Tomthunkit 26,409 views
- 12:40 Rachel Maddow - Tea Party Brings Cricus Back To State Of The Union - Feb 11, 2013by alt news Channel 21,966 views
- 16:03 Rachel Maddow - Checkable facts expose end of campaign blusterby Licentiathe8th 13,492 views
- 12:24 Rachel Maddow Tears Into GOP Over Infightingby Buzz Sourse 6,284 views
- 16:38 Rachel Maddow Celebrates Roe v. Wade On Its 40th Anniversaryby ThePrincessHira 2,632 views
- 18:16 Michael Isikoff To Rachel Maddow: Obama Has 'More Elastic' Concept Of Imminent Threatsby ThePrincessHira 2,760 views
- 11:15 Rachel Maddow On Reince Priebus Blaming MSNBC: 'I Find This To Be Excellent News'by AmericanNewsPolitics 4,022 views
- 7:32 Rachel Maddow on The Viewby petulantrumble 720,101 views
- Loading more suggestions...