Uploaded on Mar 12, 2011
Peter Maxwell Davies (*1934): Eight Songs for a Mad King, testo di Randolph Stow e King George III (1969).
1. The Sentry (Tune: King Prussia's Minuet)
2. The Country Walk (La Promenade)
3. The Lady-in-Waithing (Miss Musgrave's Fancy)
4. To be sung on the Water (The Waterman)
5. The Phantom Queen (He's ay a-kissing me)
6. The Counterfeit (La Contrefaite)
7. Country Dance (Scotch Bonnett)
8. The Review (A Spanish March)
Julius Eastman, baritono
The Fires of London diretti da Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.
Cover image: Nigel Hoffman è Re Giorgio III nel film "The Madness of King George".
The music published in our channel is exclusively dedicated to divulgation purposes and not commercial. This within a program shared to study classic educational music of the 1900's (mostly Italian) which involves thousands of people around the world. If someone, for any reason, would deem that a video appearing in this channel violates the copyright, please inform us immediately before you submit a claim to Youtube, and it will be our care to remove immediately the video accordingly.
Your collaboration will be appreciated.
Standard YouTube License