What is "Conscious Consumerism?"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2008
Complete video at: http://fora.tv/2008/01/30/Conscious_C...
Panelists Eric Ryan, Nathan Shedroff and Rajan Dev discuss "conscious consumerism" and its role in promoting sustainable business practices.
Conscious Capitalism with panelists Nathan Shedroff, Brandon Schauer, Rajan Dev, and Eric Ryan.
Why are there 50 varieties of toothpaste on grocery store aisles? How does this fit into the world's heightened awareness of the need for sustainable business practices, and our own growing individual needs for self-actualization and meaning? Leaders in business, design and innovation will debate why a deeper understanding of human nature needs to be central to a 21st century business strategy and how it can challenge people's attitudes toward consumerism - The Commonwealth Club of California
At age 27, Eric Ryan founded method, a San Francisco-based consumer goods company that has reinvented homecare products with an innovative branding and product design approach. In five short years, method has challenged some of the worlds largest multinationals in home cleaning, laundry, personal care and air care to become the fastest growing consumer products company in the US.
Nathan Shedroff has been an information and interface designer for over twelve years. He focuses on developing online experiences, building online brand strategies and business models, and developing online communities. Throughout his career, he has worked in several different media and authored several books on multimedia, computers, and information. His electronic experience spans CD-ROMs, kiosks, published titles, application development, and online experiences.
Prior to joining Hot Studio as Chief Operating Officer, Rajan was the General Manager of the San Francisco office of Modern Media/Digitas for nearly six years. In that role, Rajan served clients such as Hewlett Packard, Intel, Sprint PCS, Michelin North America, Amgen and Charles Schwab delivering interactive marketing strategy and integrated marketing solutions (web, email and print).
Standard YouTube License
- 4:54 Can a "Green" Business Also be a Profitable One?by ForaTv19,786 views
- 5:05 Jim Hightower - Alternate Models of Business Ownershipby ForaTv1,496 views
- 8:06 Joseph Stiglitz - Problems with GDP as an Economic Barometerby ForaTv111,112 views
- 5 videos Play all Socratic Dialogue 1by zildacabrera
- 4:57 The Evolution of Fairness - Michael Shermerby ForaTv7,371 views
- 1:15:20 LA CÁRCEL DEL CONSUMISMOby InformacionVisual21,659 views
- 53:39 BEYOND FORM "How Dangerous is Design?"by Debera Johnson
- 3:28 The Overspent American: Why We Want What We Don't Needby ChallengingMedia72,134 views
- 9:59 Consumerism Artby Jerry Schlei3,816 views
- 8:09 Conscious Consumer- the trailerby Linzy Attenborough1,380 views
- 10:25 De Consumir a Consumidor Responsableby empoderando17,221 views
- 53:53 Consumedby Journeyman Pictures80,401 views
- 6:36 George Carlin on American consumerismby ManOfDeath198718,337 views
- 3:32 CONSUMO CONSCIENTE: pequenas atitudes, grandes realizações!by Francielle Schneider29,651 views
- 21:31 THE STORY OF STUFF - Consumerism, Capitalism, & Environment in America [HD] [Full Video]by Bright Enlightenment21,526 views
- 3:14 Consumerismby AtCenterNetwork2,958 views
- 9:59 Big Ideas That Changed The World - Consumerism (1/4)by elstonieo94,447 views
- 6:37 Ethical consumerism interviewby SkyNewsAustralia7,492 views
- 27:53 Los Jóvenes y El Dinero (Documental Sobre Consumismo) / canalequiz*by canalequiz23,178 views
- 9:53 Big Ideas That Changed The World - Consumerism (2/4)by elstonieo40,356 views