Record Crowd at "Moral Monday 10" — by Story of America
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 9, 2013
July 8, 2013 The first Moral Monday protest following the dramatic Sharia Law/abortion debate in the North Carolina Senate (http://www.storyofamerica.org/sharia_...) was the largest protest yet. The NC House takes up the Sharia Law/abortion bill today, July 9. Protesters are gathering at 9 am ahead of a committee hearing at 10 am.
Anne Blythe and John Frank wrote for the Raleigh News and Observer:
Demonstrators gathered at the North Carolina Legislative Building as they have for 10 Mondays now, but many women wore pink this week to protest what they described as an assault on women's rights and access to health care.
The demonstration, organized by the state NAACP and drawing national media attention, came five days after the state Senate adopted an omnibus bill that would essentially close down all but one of the state's abortion clinics. Police estimated the crowd to be about 2,000 people. Organizers estimated nearly 4,000.
"Moral Monday" organizers have organized next week's demonstration to focus on women -- with women speakers scheduled to talk about the impact that new laws and policies will have on the state's females.
Women's issues, however, were very much a topic this week. Janet Colm, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Central North Carolina, was among the more than 60 arrested on Monday.
Before she was arrested, Colm, who has been at Planned Parenthood for three decades, said she did not make her decision lightly. In many ways she is a person of rules and order, and getting a traffic ticket, her only other brush with the law, troubled her greatly.
Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/07/0...
Standard YouTube License
- 18:22 Civitas: Diverting From Issues That Matter | Moral Mondayby William J. Barber, II3,519 views
- 7:27 North Carolina Police Officers Caught Speeding (20/20 - ABC News) 10/4/2013by Grayson Gusa49,346 views
- 13:06 "Change is Coming!" | June 17th Moral Monday Protestby William J. Barber, II4,989 views
- 10:01 NC Attack on Voting Rights | Moral Monday 12by William J. Barber, II2,401 views
- 57:00 The World's Strictest Parents - Charlotte, North Carolina (USA)by roffulz244,927 views
- 6:14 92 Year-Old Moral Monday Arrestee Fired Up! | Rosa Nell Eatonby William J. Barber, II17,207 views
- 1:14:08 Abortion Debate at Texas Freethought Convention, Matt Dillahunty vs. Kristine Kruszelnickiby Tex Freecon45,232 views
- 1:40:09 Abortion Debate Scott Klusendorf vs Nadine Strossenby slaves4christ10,863 views
- 33:23 Mountain Moral Monday - Asheville - Rev. William Barber full speechby timecapsulevideo1,295 views
- 4:11 "We Must Act Now!" | July 1st Moral Monday Promoby William J. Barber, II5,357 views
- 11:01 A Mountain Moral Monday! | August 5th, 2013by William J. Barber, II1,560 views
- 2:33 Marshmallow Farming.Too much rain ruins marshmallow crop in North Carolinaby leonida sheets13,642 views
- 13:21 It's Our Time To Stand! | July 1st Moral Monday | 9th Waveby William J. Barber, II1,807 views
- 6:51 How to defeat a Pro Abortion argumentby Wade Davis46,502 views
- 19:37 Civil Disobedience Leads to Arrests at NC General Assembly | NC NAACPby William J. Barber, II5,013 views
- 45:14 Duke Professors on 'Moral Mondays'by Duke University
- 19:21 NC Poll Worker Training - Provisional Votingby NC SBE489 views
- 14:18 Moral Monday, Rev Barber of NAACP NC 6/17/13by ProtestFilm1,680 views
- 9:58 Alfred Hitchock's THE BIRDS - Tippi Hedren's screen testsby Laure Or31,507 views
- 1:54 "We Are Not For Sale" -- song for NC (now with lyrics and chords and a BONUS verse!)by django haskins4,913 views
- Loading more suggestions...