First Lady Michelle Obama: "Join me in standing up for all those who have served."
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 19, 2012
Share this message from the First Lady: https://my.barackobama.com/flotusdtcv...
"The beginning of the Iraq war was a moment that no American will ever forget. Nine years later, we remember those who gave their lives, and honor the sacrifice of all the brave women and men who have served our country.
In 2008, Barack made a promise that as President, he would bring the Iraq War to a responsible end—he kept his word. When he took the oath of office, more than 140,000 troops were stationed in Iraq. This past December, the last of our soldiers came home.
Now that our service members are home, we are doing everything we can to support our veterans and their families in the challenging transition to civilian life.
Barack expanded the Veterans Affairs budget and made it possible for more than 500,000 veterans previously denied care to become eligible for VA health care. And he streamlined the claims process to ensure that our veterans can get the high quality benefits and services they've earned -- and get those services more quickly.
Barack helped pass tax credits to encourage small businesses to hire our wounded warriors
We also know that when our men and women in uniform are called to serve, their families serve right along side them. That's why we've been working to expand employment opportunities, job training programs, and wellness services for military spouses and families -- the folks who bear the greatest burden of their loved one's deployment.
In the end, we all have an obligation to support those who have served our country so selflessly—from our veterans with special health needs, to all those seeking to join the civilian workforce, to families coping with the grief of losing a loved one.
So I hope you'll join me in standing up for all those who have served.
Visit BarackObama.com/Veterans to get involved, and to learn about all the ways your President is working to support our veterans and military families.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:57 The Road We've Traveledby BarackObama.com 2,569,816 views
- 1:04:54 The Road We've Traveled - Live Stream with David Axelrod and Mitch Stewartby BarackObamadotcom 74,531 views
- 3:04 Faces of Change: Eliminating Pre-existing Conditionsby BarackObamadotcom 33,778 views
- 5:13 A Firefighter, a Postal Worker, a Veteran, and an Educator Have Dinner with Barackby BarackObamadotcom 100,581 views
- 1:09 Dinner with Barack: A surprise for Jimby BarackObama.com 152,223 views
- 6:15 First Lady Michelle Obama Answers Your Questionsby BarackObama.com 133,818 views
- 3:30 The Story of the Affordable Care Act: From an Unmet Promise to the Law of the Landby BarackObama.com 130,602 views
- 2:27 Sharon Potter, Iraq War Veteran: "The President delivered on his promise to end the war in Iraq."by BarackObamadotcom 21,093 views
- 5:46 Dinner with Barack and Michelleby BarackObama.com 364,909 views
- 8:52 Dinner with Barack: Two Teachers, an Army Veteran, a Small Business Owner, and The Presidentby BarackObama.com 310,428 views
- 4:32 The Story of Usby BarackObama.com 794,575 views
- 2:49 Ending the War in Iraq: A Promise Keptby BarackObamadotcom 74,791 views
- 3:39 Faces of Change: A Fair Priceby BarackObamadotcom 18,545 views
- 2:31 First Lady Michelle Obama: Women's Week of Action Starts March 23rdby BarackObamadotcom 52,366 views
- 5:49 President Obama Repeals "Don't Ask Don't Tell" - Veterans speakby BarackObama.com 176,143 views
- 2:36 Veterans Who Support President Obamaby BarackObamadotcom 38,013 views
- 2:03 Asheville, North Carolina Office Opening - Obama for America 2012by BarackObamadotcom 10,355 views
- 1:50 Janelle Monáe Supports President Obamaby BarackObama.com 105,466 views
- 2:30 Obama, the Guy with the Purple Shirt, and a Promise Keptby BarackObama.com 140,430 views
- 1:10 Tough Decisions: "The Road We've Traveled" Teaser - Obama for America 2012by BarackObama.com 295,815 views