Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA (LIVE)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 18, 2010
"Born in the U.S.A." is a 1984 song written and performed by Bruce Springsteen. Taken from the album of the same name, it is one of his best-known singles. Rolling Stone ranked the song 275th on their list of the "The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time". In 2001, the RIAA's Songs of the Century placed the song 59th (out of 365). Lyrically, the song deals with the effects of the Vietnam War on Americans, although it is widely misinterpreted as a patriotic anthem.
The song was initially written in 1981 as the title song for a film that Paul Schrader was considering making. "Born in the U.S.A." turned out so well that Springsteen used it for his multi-platinum album, and because of this, Springsteen thanks Schrader in the liner notes. Casual home demos were made later that year, following the completion of The River Tour.
A more formal solo acoustic guitar demo was then made on January 3, 1982 at Springsteen's home in Colts Neck, New Jersey as part of the long session that would constitute most of the Nebraska album released later that year. Acoustic versions of several other songs that eventually appeared on the Born in the U.S.A. album were also included on this demo, including "Working on the Highway" and "Downbound Train". However, Springsteen manager/producer Jon Landau and others felt that the song did not have the right melody or music to match the lyrics, and also did not fit in well with the rest of the nascent Nebraska material. Thus, it was shelved. (This version would surface in the late 1990s on the Tracks and 18 Tracks outtake collections.)
n March 1982, Springsteen revived the song with a different melody line and musical structure. A full E Street Band version was recorded, with much of the arrangement made up on the spot, including Roy Bittan's clarion opening synthesizer riff and what producer Chuck Plotkin nicknamed Max Weinberg's "exploding drums" . The famous snare drum sound on this record is known as "Gated reverb" by recording engineers. This is the version that would appear on the Born in the U.S.A. album, a full two years later.
Standard YouTube License
- 38 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 2:13 Elvis Presley - Hound Dog (Live)by ELV1SKINGtheMUSICFeatured 236,203
- 4:38 Dancing in the Darkby demsteveseinsohn 116,119 views
- 3:16 Elvis Presley - You gave me a mountainby ThePablitoKing 1,636,704 views
- 6:19 Bruce Springsteen Badlands Live Hyde Park 2009by SuperMrG01 75,807 views
- 7:12 Bruce Springsteen - BORN IN THE USA - East Berlin, 1988by Gerner Teil Nielsen 127,200 views
- 3:14 Bruce Springsteen 1999 Rendezvousby TLPFAS 139,611 views
- 4:50 Queen - Radio GaGa - Live Aid : Wembley London 1985 youtube:ihowell67by ihowell67 1,793,092 views
- 4:43 Dire Straits - Brothers in Armsby 1Specially 1,597,446 views
- 6:47 Dancing in the dark ( 88 live ) bruce springsteenby runawaydream 2,041,332 views
- 3:26 Saying Goodbye to Clarence Clemons "The Big Man" - NBC Nightly News (June 20, 2011)by mapender 707,066 views
- 6:42 Bruce Springsteen - The River (Live Glastonbury 2009)by Al SEN 188,518 views
- 6:45 Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark live @ Hyde Parkby thebossgu 641,924 views
- 5:06 Laura Branigan - Self Controlby salg1000 11,635,108 views
- 6:27 Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen [DVD Live in Barcelona 2002] ( Subtitles & lyrics )by TheBossInBarcelonaHD 99,884 views
- 5:05 Bruce Springsteen - BORN IN THE USA 1986 (live)by 2010dreamon 85,713 views
- 5:18 HD - Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen - Udine 2009by farco777 231,301 views
- 4:37 Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burningby MidnightOilVEVO 12,955,614 views
- 4:40 Born in the U.S.A Bruce Springsteenby limbo1342 442,438 views
- 4:32 Born In The U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteenby Matt5581 4,104,065 views
- 6:36 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Born To Run (PROSHOT)by bruchee 649,401 views
- Loading more suggestions...