How To Make a Classic New York Cheesecake
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 26, 2009
Watch more Cake Baking, Frosting, & Icing videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/167-Cak...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Make a classic New York cheesecake with this easy recipe.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Heat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the bottom of the pan with 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the crust
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup of melted butter and 1/4 cup of sugar in a small bowl with the large fork. Mix until the crumbs are coated with butter.
Step 3: Make the crust
Empty the contents into the prepared pan and push down firmly on the base. Use your fingers, or the back of a fork, to form a solid crust.
Step 4: Make the cheesecake filling
In a medium bowl, blend the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla on medium speed with the hand mixer. Add the cream cheese, ¼ cup of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix on low speed until combined.
Using cream cheese at room temperature will make it easier to blend.
Step 5: Prepare to bake
Pour the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust and spread evenly across the pan.
Step 6: Bake the cheesecake
Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes to an hour, then broil for five to eight minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
The cheesecake is done when the center jiggles slightly.
Step 7: Leave the cheesecake to set
Remove the pan from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes before refrigerating it. Leave it to cool and set for at least three to four hours, or overnight for the best flavor and texture.
Did You Know?
Authentic New York Cheesecake is served without any toppings.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:19 New York Cheesecake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.comby JoyofBaking1Featured 742,582
- 4:08 How To Eat Sushi At a Restaurantby Howcast 788,787 views
- 2:22 How To Make Elegant No-Bake Cheesecakeby Howcast 154,607 views
- 1:05 How to Whiten Your Teeth with a Strawberryby Howcast 878,256 views
- 1:39 How To Make Strawberry Shortcakeby Howcast 211,094 views
- 119 videos Play all happypotby Wenzelmarine
- 9:56 Amazing Cheesecake!by DyannBakes 404,959 views
- 9:44 Cheesecake - Lynn's Recipesby lynnsrecipes 163,428 views
- 3:45 How to Make Cheesecakeby allrecipes 113,355 views
- 6:12 How to make easy homemade cheesecakeby Suzy Ferreira 68,900 views
- 3:45 How To Make American Cheesecakeby VideojugFoodAndDrink 64,038 views
- 9:57 How to Make Homemade Cheesecake From Scratch - Recipe by Laura Vitale - Laura in the Kitchen Ep. 88by Laura in the Kitchen 567,110 views
- 3:25 Cheesecake PHILADELPHIA de Duraznos y Crema sin Hornearby comidakraft 413,430 views
- 5:44 How To Make Mini Cheesecakes - El Guziiby ShowMeHowNow 174,123 views
- 1:23 How to Make an Egg Creamby Howcast 72,248 views
- 4:02 DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE SLICEby CookingwithKarma 137,776 views
- 2:33 OreoCheeseCake!by Mimi Nguyen 225,634 views
- 1:56 Cheesecake Clásicoby recepedia 455,596 views
- 1:27 How To Make an Omelet in a Bagby Howcast 51,111 views
- 3:02 Paula Fries a Cheesecakeby PaulaDeenisms 709,019 views
- 4:44 How to Make Cheese Cake, New York Cheese Cake Recipe - CookwithAprilby CookWithApril 87,673 views
- Loading more suggestions...