Dave Bing "The Wizard" basketball video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 14, 2010
I would be very happy if Dave Bing will see this video :-).
Song: Kim Waters - Nightfall
David "Dave" Bing (born November 24, 1943, in Washington, D.C.) is the mayor of Detroit, Michigan, a businessman, and a retired American professional basketball player who played 12 seasons in the NBA, primarily for the Detroit Pistons (1966-75). He was a seven-time All-Star.
Height: 6 ft 3 inch (1,91 m)
Weight: 185 lb (84 kg)
SHORT BASKETBALL BIOGRAPHY:
Bing was raised in northeast Washington, D.C. as a son of a bricklayer. At age five, Bing accidentally poked his left eye with a nail of a wooden horse that he improvised. The eye healed on its own with the family unable to afford an eye operation, leaving Bing with fuzzy vision since then.
Bing's career began in 1959 at Spingarn High School in Washington D.C., where he played in the footsteps of the great Elgin Baylor who had set all the city scoring records playing there in 1954. After 3 straight Interhigh championship games Bing averaged 16.2 and 16.9 ppg in 61 and 62.re in 1954.
Bing was a three-year letter winner, allInter High, All-Metro, and All-East member. In 1962, Bing was in Parade magazine and made the All-American Team.
Bing attended Syracuse University and he led the Orangemen in scoring as a sophomore (22.2) in 1964, as a junior (23.2) in 1965, and as a senior (28.4) in 1966. During his senior year, Bing was fifth in the nation in scoring and was Syracuse's first consensus All-American in 39 years. He was also named to The Sporting News All-America First Team and was named Syracuse Athlete of the Year.
In 1966, Bing joined the NBA as a second overall first-round pick of the Detroit Pistons, where in his rookie year he scored 1,601 points (20.0 points per game) and was named the NBA Rookie of the Year. The next year, he led the NBA in scoring with 2,142 points (27.1 points per game) in 1968.
He played in seven NBA All-Star Games (1968, 1969, 19711976, and winning the 1976 NBA All-Star Game MVP Award) and was named to the All-NBA First Team twice in 1968 and 1969. Bing averaged 22.6 points and 7.8 assists in his ten seasons with the Pistons. After his career with the Detroit Pistons, Bing went on to spend two years with the Washington Bullets and one with the Boston Celtics before retiring at the conclusion of the 19771978 season.
He averaged 20.3 points and six assists per game in his 12 NBA seasons and was awarded the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award in 1977.
Bing was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame in 1990. In 1996, he was named one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Nightfall" on
- 5:31 NBA All Star Game: RetroBreakdown 1962 Game with West, Cousy, Wilt, and Russby BBALLBREAKDOWN Featured 18,183
- 1:40:25 The Pistol: The Birth of a Legendby Matt Evans7,364 views
- 1:08:58 Pistol Pete The Life and Times of Pete Maravichby JAAY0697,244 views
- 32:14 Detroit Mayor Dave Bing's 2012 State of the City speechby wxyztvdetroit1,609 views
- 29:36 1975 NBA All-Star Game highlightsby BasketballJones480214,902 views
- 9:19 Pete Maravich vs. Bob Lanier, Detroit Pistons @ New Orleans Jazz, Jan 22, 1978by 1avardac55,042 views
- 9:13 Mayor Dave Bing addresses Detroit bankruptcy filingby wxyztvdetroit1,429 views
- 58:03 Pistol Pete Basketball Homework- Dribblingby Rhett Rogers9,729 views
- 153 videos Play all NBAby 08hanton
- 4:54 NBA 50 Greatest Players: Forwardsby ginoongkamote39,370 views
- 33:22 Detroit Mayor Dave Bing's 2011 State of the City Speechby wxyztvdetroit1,929 views
- 12:13 Detorit Pistons v Indiana Pacers Brawl/Fight - "Malice in the Palace" | Biggest Fight In NBA Historyby 2kFreshPrince688,457 views
- 5:58 Ultimate Earl "The Pearl" Monroe MIXby OnParr179,098 views
- 5:14 white nba dunkersby Ismar2537,047 views
- 4:39 NBA 50 Greatest Players: Guardsby ginoongkamote16,595 views
- 3:03 The Arrival of Elgin Baylor and Jerry Westby ginoongkamote30,113 views
- 3:13 Detroit mayor: Job second hardest in U.S.by CNN13,137 views
- 2:00 Detroit city councilman wants Mayor Dave Bing out of officeby wxyztvdetroit1,068 views
- 7:40 Pistol Pete Maravich - The Greatestby l3rando652,012 views
- 1:19 Ultimate Player - Walt "Clyde" Frazierby ginoongkamote60,759 views