It's A Simple Answer After All
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 4, 2008
"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." Alexander Hamilton
Let's set the record straight. There is no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace--and you can have it in the next second--surrender.
Admittedly there is a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson in history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face--that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight and surrender. If we continue to accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand--the ultimatum. And what then? When Nikita Khrushchev has told his people he knows what our answer will be? He has told them that we are retreating under the pressure of the Cold War, and someday when the time comes to deliver the ultimatum, our surrender will be voluntary because by that time we will have weakened from within spiritually, morally, and economically. He believes this because from our side he has heard voices pleading for "peace at any price" or "better Red than dead," or as one commentator put it, he would rather "live on his knees than die on his feet." And therein lies the road to war, because those voices don't speak for the rest of us. You and I know and do not believe that life is so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. If nothing in life is worth dying for, when did this begin--just in the face of this enemy? Or should Moses have told the children of Israel to live in slavery under the pharaohs? Should Christ have refused the cross? Should the patriots at Concord Bridge have thrown down their guns and refused to fire the shot heard 'round the world? The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all.
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." There is a point beyond which they must not advance. This is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits--not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Live Free or Die" on
- 5:31 Reagan tells Soviet jokesby oboguevFeatured 1,124,560
- 9:43 Reagan and RFK (1967)by Mike Gardner 445,393 views
- 5:04 Ronald Reagan on Socialism- "Don't say we weren't warned!"by Concern4US 126,147 views
- 1:06 Ronald Reagan's famous line, "I am paying for this microphone"by ThePoliticalLion 562,231 views
- 4:54 Patton Speechby deadbolt8706 581,028 views
- 2:54 Stand Up (Ronald) Reagan - HIlarious Jokes on Uproar Entertainmentby UproarComedy 411,324 views
- 0:41 Ronald Reagan Outwits Moderator in debate on the "age" issue www.RightFace.usby rightface1 921,151 views
- 2:33 Ronald Reagan Famous War Speechby mglandrover 113,083 views
- 161 videos Play all CIK-Ronald Reaganby sunshineandrain777
- 1:29 Best Morgan Freeman impression EVERby joshrobertthompson 3,869,258 views
- 3:47 "A Time For Choosing" by Ronald Reaganby ShnelGer 56,321 views
- 1:19 Ronald Reagan tells joke about Democratsby Winston Blair 2,801,692 views
- 7:38 Ronald Reagan Funeral: His Final Journeyby mynameisjim93 239,978 views
- 5:14 Benjamin Netanyahu Tells it Like it Isby Convatively 22,021 views
- 3:38 The Greatest Speech Ever Madeby thelakeysisters 11,736,459 views
- 3:13 Ronald Reagan roasts George Burnsby kola04 448,211 views
- 1:34:52 1980 Presidential Candidate Debate: Governor Ronald Reagan and President Jimmy Carter - 10/28/80by ReaganFoundation 323,719 views
- 0:57 Ronald Reagan - Governor, You're No Thomas Jeffersonby TheTrueConservative 483,193 views
- 21:23 Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89by ReaganFoundation 263,119 views
- 3:05 Whats my line? - Ronald Reaganby joanfontainefan 347,625 views
- 10:00 Sir Winston Churchill Speech - We shall fight them on the beby John McLeod 1,179,958 views
- Loading more suggestions...