It's A Simple Answer After All
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 4, 2008
"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one." Alexander Hamilton
Let's set the record straight. There is no argument over the choice between peace and war, but there is only one guaranteed way you can have peace--and you can have it in the next second--surrender.
Admittedly there is a risk in any course we follow other than this, but every lesson in history tells us that the greater risk lies in appeasement, and this is the specter our well-meaning liberal friends refuse to face--that their policy of accommodation is appeasement, and it gives no choice between peace and war, only between fight and surrender. If we continue to accommodate, continue to back and retreat, eventually we have to face the final demand--the ultimatum. And what then? When Nikita Khrushchev has told his people he knows what our answer will be? He has told them that we are retreating under the pressure of the Cold War, and someday when the time comes to deliver the ultimatum, our surrender will be voluntary because by that time we will have weakened from within spiritually, morally, and economically. He believes this because from our side he has heard voices pleading for "peace at any price" or "better Red than dead," or as one commentator put it, he would rather "live on his knees than die on his feet." And therein lies the road to war, because those voices don't speak for the rest of us. You and I know and do not believe that life is so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. If nothing in life is worth dying for, when did this begin--just in the face of this enemy? Or should Moses have told the children of Israel to live in slavery under the pharaohs? Should Christ have refused the cross? Should the patriots at Concord Bridge have thrown down their guns and refused to fire the shot heard 'round the world? The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all.
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." There is a point beyond which they must not advance. This is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits--not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Live Free or Die" on
- 4:55 Patton Speechby deadbolt8706697,230 views
- 4:39 Reagan Warned Us About Obamaby Calvin King5,719,715 views
- 5:50 The Humor of Ronald Reaganby ReaganClub1,362,092 views
- 6:51 US Marine Corps Drill Instructor vs US Army Drill Sergeantby MrBreal016,834,805 views
- 9:43 Reagan and RFK (1967)by Mike Gardner518,860 views
- 27 videos Play all Politicsby elscotty42
- 21:23 Farewell Speech - President Reagan's Farewell Speech from the Oval Office 1/11/89by ReaganFoundation338,930 views
- 2:37 President Reagan - We Must Fightby TeufelBAMF370,158 views
- 26:43 "Berlin Wall" Speech - President Reagan's Address at the Brandenburg Gate - 6/12/87by ReaganFoundation288,080 views
- 5:31 Reagan tells Soviet jokesby oboguev1,266,014 views
- 10:00 Sir Winston Churchill Speech - We shall fight them on the beby John McLeod1,235,920 views
- 1:34:52 1980 Presidential Candidate Debate: Governor Ronald Reagan and President Jimmy Carter - 10/28/80by ReaganFoundation365,117 views
- 5:04 Ronald Reagan on Socialism- "Don't say we weren't warned!"by Concern4US160,150 views
- 3:13 Ronald Reagan roasts George Burnsby kola04486,485 views
- 0:44 Reagan owns a Hecklerby Sam Taylor1,009,291 views
- 12:09 Ronald Reagan Humorby BloomingdaleTN173,445 views
- 10:12 MICHAEL SAVAGE - IMPEACH OBAMA NOW!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! SAVE AMERICA!!!by imitator777139,098 views
- 1:06 Ronald Reagan's famous line, "I am paying for this microphone"by ThePoliticalLion709,797 views
- 7:38 Ronald Reagan Funeral: His Final Journeyby mynameisjim93248,179 views
- 5:14 Benjamin Netanyahu Tells it Like it Isby Convatively22,327 views