The Rectal Revolution is Here (full length)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 16, 2012
"The Rectal Revolution is Here: An introduction to rectal microbicide clinical trials" discusses the critical need for new methods to prevent the sexual transmission of HIV - in this case rectal microbicides - and explains the clinical trial process. It was shot in Peru, South Africa, Thailand and the United States.
This video (short and full-length versions) was developed by International Rectal Microbicide Advocates (www.rectalmicrobicides.org); Microbicide Trials Network (www.mtnstopshiv.org); and Population Council (www.popcouncil.org.) Click on any of these sites to learn more about rectal microbicide research and advocacy.
We have developed a facilitator's guide to accompany the video. It is meant to be utilized as preparation tool for people screeing the video in community discussions and workshops. You will find simple, clear background information on rectal microbicide research and the clinical trial process as well as helpful hints for making the most of the video. Click here for the English version of the guide: http://www.rectalmicrobicides.org/doc...
Thai and Spanish versions are also available on this channel. If you would like a digitial copy of the video - send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is a rectal microbicide?
Currently in development, a microbicide could be in the form of a gel or lube, or maybe a douche or an enema, that could be used to reduce a person's risk of HIV infection vaginally or rectally. Rectal microbicides could offer both primary protection in the absence of condoms and back-up protection if a condom breaks or slips off during anal intercourse.
For those unable or unwilling to use condoms, rectal microbicides could be a safe and effective alternative means of reducing HIV risk, especially if they were unobtrusive and/or enhanced sexual pleasure enough to motivate consistent use. Such alternatives are essential if we are to address the full spectrum of sexual practices and the basic human need for accessible, user-controlled HIV and STD prevention tools.
The people who decide to use rectal microbicides, once available, will include gay men, other men who have sex with men, women, and transgender individuals. Because anal intercourse is a human behavior, a rectal microbicide could have broad appeal across the globe.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:54 DR TV PERU - 11-03-2013 - 1 El Tema del Día - Cáncer de Colonby Doctor TV Featured 13,828
- 14:47 La Revolución Rectal Está Aquíby IRMAadvocacy748 views
- 15:09 Abdominal, Genital, & Rectal Nursing Assessmentby TheAndrew8821162,878 views
- 14:47 นวัตกรรมแห่งเจลทวารหนักby IRMAadvocacy4,141 views
- 10:30 I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GOTTA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!!by NightwingBMV13,684,652 views
- 10:52 Homosexuality: It ain't Naturalby Enoch Glover1,272 views
- 1:43 (Short) The Rectal Revolution is Hereby IRMAadvocacy1,540 views
- 51:57 The Puzzle Of HIV - Full Documentaryby DigiComTV29,843 views
- 53:30 Ruins - Chronicle of an HIV witch-hunt [HD]by Ruins, Doc3,950 views
- 4:30 PROLAPSE RECTUM- AYURVEDIC OPERATION-BY DR.SACHIN GUPTA M.S.(AYU)-09760060202by Sachin Gupta10,865 views
- 53:56 HIV Positiv Doku Deutsch über den HIV Virus -Aidsby Mariska Renners12,222 views
- 2:48 Cáncer de Colon y Recto con Hemorroides Internasby ElSalvadorAtlasEndo80,288 views
- 18:40 Colon Cancer with Dr. Howard Schecter : MD-VODby emPOWERme18,556 views
- 3:54 cáncer de rectoby operacionesatutiplen89,764 views
- 5:46 El Cáncer de Rectoby Los Angeles Colonoscopy6,716 views
- 6:18 In our hearts 2 ( Official )by TeenBkkThailand17,262 views
- 2:15 Colonoscopy Video Tour: Discovery of a Cancerous Polyp (Colon Cancer)by AMCollege Gastro339,589 views
- 1:00:10 1 Hour of The Funniest Game Show Answers EVERby TorchTaylor21559,465 views
- 2:01:22 FULL MATCH : THAILAND 2 - 0 MALAYSIA : Aff Suzuki Cup 2012 [ HD ]by LiveScoreReport61,496 views
- 11:08 5 Best Moments in Family Feudby CommunistPanda2,285,153 views
- Loading more suggestions...