Arguing Atheism - A Conversation with Dr Peter Boghossian
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 5, 2012
Stefan Molyneux, host of Freedomain Radio defends Jesus - and discusses faith, reason, philosophy and religion with Dr Peter Boghossian.
Dr. Peter Boghossian's main focus is bringing the tools of professional philosophers to people in a wide variety of contexts. Peter has a teaching pedigree spanning more than 20 years and 30 thousand students--in prisons, hospitals, public and private schools, seminaries, colleges and universities, Fortune 100 companies and small businesses. His fundamental objective is to teach people how to think through what often seem to be intractable problems.
Peter's primary research areas are critical thinking and moral reasoning. His doctoral research studies, funded by the State of Oregon and supported by the Oregon Department of Corrections, consisted of using the Socratic method to help prison inmates to increase their critical thinking and moral reasoning abilities and to increase their desistance to criminal behavior.
Peter's publications can be found in Diálogos, Education Policy Analysis Archives, The Clearing House: Educational Research Controversy and Practices, The Radical Academy; Offender Programs Report, Teaching Philosophy, Corrections Today, Informal Logic, The Skeptic, Journal of Philosophy of Education, Educational Philosophy and Theory, Inside Higher Ed, Essays in Philosophy, Federal Probation Journal, and the Journal of Correctional Education. If you'd like to learn more about his scholarship, his podcast interview with Philosophy News http://www.philosophynews.com/post/20... is a great place to start.
His work has been noted on The Huffington Post, The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Science and Reason, and other media outlets; he was an invited guest on the Lars Larson Show, interviewed for the cover story of the Mercury, and advocated via social media by the Executive Director of the Skeptic Society, Michael Shermer, and bestselling author and head of Project Reason, Sam Harris.
Peter was a Councilman for the State of Oregon (LSTA), an advisor to Sockeye Magazine and The Weekly Alibi, wrote national philosophy curricula for the University of Phoenix and was a research fellow for the National Center for Teaching and Learning. Currently, he is the Chairman of the Prison Advisory Committee for Columbia River Correctional Institution, teaches Critical Thinking, Science and Pseudoscience, the Philosophy of Education, and Atheism at Portland State University, is an Affiliate Research Assistant Professor Oregon Health Science University, is Co-Director and Co-Founder (with Dr. Randy Blazak) of PSU's Center for Correction's Research, and a speaker for the Center for Inquiry http://www.centerforinquiry.net/speak....
When he's not working, Peter spends time with his family, practices jiu jutsu, watches science fiction movies and television (Stargate Universe, Battlestar Galactica, Misfits, Fringe), and plays computer games (Star Craft 2, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Diablo III).
You can follow Peter on Twitter @peterboghossian. If you want to join Peter's mailing list and learn about his upcoming public lectures and debates, from your mobile phone text "DELUSION" + your email address to 22333, or enter your email address on the bottom right of this page: http://philosophynews.com/peterboghos...
Freedomain Radio is the largest and most popular philosophy show on the web - http://www.freedomainradio.com
Standard YouTube License
- 1:09:24 Michael Tsarion w' Lisa Harrisonby lisamharrisonFeatured 20,978
- 1:20:50 The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation with Dr Peter Boghossianby Stefan Molyneux 18,930 views
- 43:56 A Doctor's View of Obamacareby Stefan Molyneux 9,477 views
- 28:15 Jon Stewart's 19 Tough Questions for Libertarians!by Stefan Molyneux 145,785 views
- 37:53 Against the Gods? Atheism Versus Agnosticism: The Great Debate (Hour 1)by Stefan Molyneux 12,543 views
- 2:02:07 Sye Ten Bruggencate vs Dan Courtney Does God Exist June 23, 2012by Dan Courtney 4,394 views
- 21:31 Why are women so unhappy? A modest theory...by Stefan Molyneux 36,125 views
- 33:06 There is no such thing as absolute truth!by Stefan Molyneux 11,937 views
- 32:49 Voodoo Economics!by Stefan Molyneux 6,539 views
- 45:12 The Myth of the Rational Voter - Dr Bryan Caplan on Freedomain Radioby Stefan Molyneux 9,058 views
- 1:48:12 "How to Win Political Arguments" Stefan Molyneux from Freedomain Radio Speaks in New Hampshireby Stefan Molyneux 43,695 views
- 1:02:59 Atheism and Anarchy: Stefan Molyneux, Adam Kokesh and Ernest Hancockby Stefan Molyneux 6,885 views
- 46:23 Richard Dawkins Lectureby JamJarMMX 3,214 views
- 39:57 Stefan Molyneux and Jeffrey Tucker at Freeeeedomfeeeeest!by Stefan Molyneux 9,928 views
- 1:08:54 The State and the Family - Our Political, Economic and Social Decayby Stefan Molyneux 10,608 views
- 26:12 Mensa Statists and the Aneurysm of Truth!by Stefan Molyneux 18,040 views
- 58:43 Hoarding Gold, Food and Friendship - Chris Martenson on Freedomain Radioby Stefan Molyneux 17,007 views
- 45:20 Christian Apologist Bravely Confronts Peter Boghossian's Students, Pt. 2 of 2by PHL365U 1,425 views
- 58:16 Ethical Anarchy Panel: Stefan Molyneux, Bill Buppert, Dr. Dan D'Amico and Ernest Hancockby Stefan Molyneux 5,323 views
- 1:57:58 Freedomain Radio Debates The Venus Project/Zeitgeist Moving Forward (Peter Joseph)by Stefan Molyneux 44,754 views
- Loading more suggestions...