Palestinians condemn Israel for widening subsidies for Jewish settlements
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 5, 2013
The Palestinian Authority has condemned Israel's decision to subsidise several more Jewish...
euronews, the most watched news channel in Europe
Subscribe for your daily dose of international news, curated and explained:http://eurone.ws/10ZCK4a
Euronews is available in 13 other languages: http://eurone.ws/17moBCU
The Palestinian Authority has condemned Israel's decision to subsidise several more Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.
The Israeli cabinet put another six on a "national priority" spending list.
The status makes settlements and border towns eligible for extra funding the government says is needed for security reasons.
The Palestinians say the move will damage peace talks.
"We condemn this step," said Nabil Abu Rdainah, spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, accusing Israel of seeking to "put obstacles in the way of US-backed (peace) efforts."
"The biggest mistake was that in negotiations the Palestinian Authority didn't stress that settlement expansion had to be stopped, and failed to demand a clear position from Washington on Israeli colonial expansion," said Wasel Abu Yousef, and executive committee member of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO), a large portion of which opposed the resumption of the recent talks.
The next Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are due to be held next week, following last week's first session in nearly three years hosted in Washington by US Secretary of State John Kerry.
Israel's chief negotiator, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, was one of four in the government who abstained from the vote on the new list.
91 of hundreds of Jewish settlements given priority status are in the occupied West Bank, considered illegal by the UN, the international court and most countries.
Find us on:
Standard YouTube License
- 5:50 Basketball star Tony Parker hoping for glory at European Championships in Slovenia - sportby euronews (in English)2,793 views
- 1:28 Washington weighs up Iran's new President Rouhaniby euronews (in English)886 views
- 0:49 Israel's Netanyahu says Iranian regime is 'no different'by euronews (in English)2,083 views
- 1:04 Terror threat keeps some US embassies closed until Saturdayby euronews (in English)2,929 views
- 1:45:37 Israel is destroying itself with its settlement policyby iqsquared27,677 views
- 42:31 Talk | Israel and Palestine: Squaring the Circle | Quadrigaby DW (English)544 views
- 58:00 The Settlers (2002)by TangibleEmotions5,864 views
- 12:11 The IAF israeli air force (english)60 min CBS חייל האויר הישראליby חי עזאני21,569 views
- 38:23 Israeli Settlers in Hebron (Al Khalil)by ZenMaDa18,807 views
- 5:21 Barcelona visit Israel and Palestine for 'Peace Tour'by TheGuardian15,610 views
- 14:40 GERALD CELENTE Trends in the News - ISRAEL to STEAL more LAND, Middle East Unrest, Economic Crisisby 829speedy1,337 views
- 8:02 Another Round of Israeli/Palestinian Peace Talks (07.29.13)by OmniChristianVids31,042 views
- 6:58 Saudis team up with Israel to plan strike against Iran - reportby RT73,736 views
- 4:04 ISRAEL to give POPE "Legal Custody" of TEMPLE MOUNT & Holy Land :: [*News]by Heisnear.com37,252 views
- 8:33 Agriculture technologies - Israeli expertise feeds the worldby IsraelinVietnam1,933 views
- 10:32 Par 1 of 7 The Seven Years You Are In Heavenby JesusThinkTank16,188 views
- 36:48 History of the Israeli Palestinian Conflictby XP68,414 views
- 8:52 Breaking: "Boston Bombing - What You Aren't Told" - False Flag from RTby Belligerent Political Truths19,317 views
- 1:00 FC Barcelona team members visit Jerusalem's Western Wall: Barca in Israel on 'Peace Tour'by JewishNewsOne33,186 views
- 2:25:05 Petra Kvitova vs Daniela Hantuchova R2 Madrid 2013 Full Matchby dyadyaBOB2,217 views
- Loading more suggestions...