WRONG Ways to Ask for a Guest Post
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 15, 2012
http://myblogguest.com/ Aren't you tired of (guest blogging) email spam? We at MyBlogGuest only support high-quality guest blogging and this video shows exactly what NOT to do.
*Here's the full script of the video (the initial video was a bit longer):*
writer: oh, hey. i am a writer of quality internet content and i'm trying to convince bloggers to let me guest-blog. let's see what happens when i type up my awesome pitch and email it to them...
Dear Editor, I have been following your blog for a while. I can say without hesitation that you have done remarkable work and put a great and informative content on it. Moreover, I have noticed that you are accepting guest posts as well, so I thought of contributing my ideas to your blog. I have done a comprehensive research on the topics that are related to your blog and can offer you a piece of them. It will not only attract more visitors but also help them get the informative stuff on the subject. Please let me know if you can accept my blog post. I assure you that the content will be informative, relevant, unique, and will provide help to the blog visitors. Furthermore, being a professional writer, I know the ethics of guest posting, and assure you of following Google guidelines (particularly panda etc.) in that matter. I Hope for a positive and professional response from your side. Regard
now, let's see what the reply is...
blogger: huh? who are you? and how come you didn't mention anything specific about my blog?
writer: uh-oh. i guess i'll try plan B...
Hi There, I visited your site recently. And I must say that your site has got really good and worthy information. While reading your articles I found them to be really good and informative. I am a regular visitor of your site and I have been reading them since quite a long time. I am working for business communities and so I was just wondering if I can do something for your wonderful site. I would like to give you a unique article of around 500 words on any topics related to business. I assure you that the article will be published only on your site. I won't be charging you a penny, but in return all I need is just one link within the article. It would be my pleasure if I can do something for your blog. Please feel free to get in touch with me regarding this anytime if you are interested. Looking forward for your positive reply. PLEASE NOTE: This email is not spam; it was manually sent by an individual with sole purpose being to introduce ourselves to you with no obligation on your part, your email address was found to be publicly available on your blog and it has not been added to any list. We consider this to be a polite way to contact you and apologize sincerely if you have been inconvenienced in any way.
there, that should sell it!
blogger: what? that's interesting because my blog is about history. not business! *sigh*
writer: hmmmm, this is a tough nut to crack. time to bring out the big guns!
Dear friend, i am Barrister Akronohio Mallparkinglot. i would like you a proposition of business partner. I recently visit your blog and go at your blog every day now and it is pretty much okay and an interesting your blog. Today I come across your blog and must say that the informatical content of your blog is worth reading. i pay more money to read such blog in space. you will let me I will write a *unique* content and My article will be 100% originals - i am a writer! All you give to me are a link inside - when you if allow me to do so I would be very obliged and helpful to you in my home country.
geez, this is GOLD! if that don't do it, i'm calling it quits.
blogger: ok pal, what's the name of my blog?
writer: uh, uh, the name? uh, uh, huffingandpuffing post?
blogger: buzz off!
writer: no wait! the judge report? perez hilltop? ZMT? aw, nuts. geez, all this cutting and pasting is exhausting. i think i'll have to go back to my pyramid scheme.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:51 Anything but an Atheistby bdwilson1000Featured 332,184
- 7:48 5 ways to say sorry - Polite Englishby RebeccaESL 137,304 views
- 4:15 How to Sell on Craigslist and Not Get Scammed: 4 Great Tips You Need to Knowby Scambook 5,979 views
- 10:23 Wordpress tutorial - How to correctly Copy/Paste text from word to wordpressby Caroline Alvarado 6,373 views
- 28:12 2010 Google Faculty Summit: Defeating the Password Anti-Pattern with Open Standardsby GoogleTechTalks 2,442 views
- 4:19 Starting a Blog (You MUST know this)by Chris McCann 14,438 views
- 1:54 Hospitality Training: Guest Service Gold (Part 1)by EducationalInstitute 6,979 views
- 11:42 How To Guest Blog On The Most Popular And Biggest Blogs On The Internet To Increase Trafficby mompreneurmogul 298 views
- 6:28 Increase Your Blog Traffic By Guest Postingby Christopher Hughes 685 views
- 0:32 Like An Animal [•]Fenrir•Harry[•] (crack!slash)by SciFiNerd92 3,737 views
- 9:52 HUGE Bath and Body Works Haul!!by EGheartsSSC 74,479 views
- 1:10 Guest Publishing Contest at MyBlogGuestby MyBlogGuest 275 views
- 10:32 Smart Blog Commenting for Social Media Marketingby web2center 1,728 views
- 4:46 GUEST BLOG POST FB VIRAL METHODby mtvn100 1,364 views
- 7:09 Guest Posts - Finding Guest Posting Opportunitiesby Nina Vucetic 1,606 views
- 0:37 One of the best places to sell your iPhone, or other gadget to. CashitGadget.comby Publishize 7,282 views
- 5:18 MyBlogGuest Review and Testimonialby Ruth Martin 39,395 views
- 6:51 Wordpress Blog Tutorial 1: Blogging Basicby Ket-Sang Tai 6,200 views
- 3:42 Things You Shouldn't Sayby Kinsey Sicks 49,533 views
- 12:56 eBay Business - How to Sell on eBay to Make Moneyby ebaybusinesshowto 46,082 views
- Loading more suggestions...