Libya: "This was no humanitarian operation" Op-Ed in Conservative National Interest
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 22, 2011
Article entitled Libya: "Cost outweighs benefits" http://nationalinterest.org/commentar... Doug Bandow is a Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute. A former Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan, he is the author of Foreign Follies: America's New Global Empire(Xulon, 2006). by Doug Bandow for The National Interest: A conservative magazine.
As you may know -- I believe that to save the US from its crisis of corruption and mismanagement -- we need to engage left libertarians, small govt conservatives, and sensible people generally, therefore I am allways glad to discover conservative viewpoints -- that point to an alliance between conservatives, independents and progressives.
People who are interested in ideas, regardless of the source -- who think for themselves of all persuasions are so much more interesting to hear -- than people who repeat what they are told by people they think are on the "same side" as them.
I do not believe my views can be pigeonholed as left or right -- I believe people should have equity stakes in the services and resources they need -- and that as each of becomes a micro business owner -- we benefit from automation -- as we are owners not wage slaves. Small Business Poverty Eradication Libertarian
The Libya intervention has been conducted recklessly and violently at every point in its prosecution.
Rather than engaging in the subtle arts of diplomacy and engagement -- we unleashed complete devastation on a small prosperous tightly controlled police state. For some reason our entire media -- decided to make this conflict into a cartoon story of good vs evil, unwilling to ever utter a number of indisputable facts: 1) That Libya had the highest standard of living in Africa, especially for its poorest citizens. Libya had better social welfare programs than the US for its poorest citizens. 2) that is was secular and had equal rights for blacks and women. And 3) That underlying its socialist secular state -- was a complex web of tribal and regional relationships.
The US and NATO rather than seeking a way to help Libya achieve greater democracy while retaining its prosperity, universities and medical services, etc -- ended up propelling a small minority of Islamic extremists into positions of power. It is absolutely reckless and incompetent foreign policy. And incredibly savage and brutal. It is no surprise that Gadaffi was beaten to death after capture -- based on the example we set in Libya.
The thuggish way that Gadaffi was handled -- was the logical fulfillment of exactly what this witless warmongering administration created. The New Libya was created By Obama & Clinton -- "make no mistake". Instead of a peaceful prosperous police state -- that needed constructive engagement first certainly -- to endow its citizens with greater freedom of political expression -- we have created a land riven by animosity with brutal gangs roaming the lands -- gangs the Obama administration enabled to do things link lynching of blacks, opening fire on Loyalists, rounding up and beating and torturing loyalists.
This policy can only be described as the most devilish way possible to destroy a country -- maximum fury of assault -- minimum of due diligence "understanding Libya" for Hillary Clinto to cackle "We Came We Saw He Died -- also shows what political appointee's rather than real professionals -- do -- they grotesquely shatter our foreign relations.
Clinton & Obama have created 3 powerful sub chiefs in Libya
Tripoli is ruled by Belhaj a notorious Islamic extremist with ties to Al Qaeda
The Misarata and their Brigade which calls itself "purgers of slaves and black skins" -- anyone important falling into their hands as a captive from conflict is murdered violently.
And people who used to work in the Gadaffi Govt who abandoned him when the west began its squeeze: Traitors. The first of these to defect has already been murdered General Younnes, how soundly to Jibril and Jalil sleep ?
Standard YouTube License
Next in US Policy in Libya: Support Islamists kill & jail loyalists
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea11011Featured 7,753,009
- 12:52 Gaddafi's Murder and International Law THE REAL NEWSby aligzanduh 1,141 views
- 14:52 The True Reason Why Muammar Gaddafi Was Killedby STNHTP 4,200 views
- 4:46 Libya: The Trial of Clinton, Rice, Obama, Sarkozy & Cameron for Crimes against Humanityby aligzanduh 759 views
- 11:01 The Killing Of Gadaffi: Libya: What Rachel Maddow, Richard Engle & Fareed & Salon forgot to tell youby aligzanduh 4,178 views
- 3:32 Gadaffi .. Very Interesting- The Real Reason Why Gadaffi Was Killed Why We're In Libya.flvby mame349 220 views
- 2:00:38 Peter Joseph's "Where are we going"by LinguisticTeamIntl 33,741 views
- 1:00:26 The Truth About Libya, Gaddafi, And The Illuminati HDby lookmiguel 59,314 views
- 5:22 Media Lies About Libya and Gaddafi.by Antichrist666x 1,392 views
- 6:44 Libya: The Aftermath of Warby unitednations 18,039 views
- 4:05 Socialist Candidate Wins French Presidency After Vowing To Remove ALL French Troops From Afghanistanby MOXNEWSd0tC0M 941 views
- 13:14 GADDAFI DEAD - The Truth About Libya, Gaddafi, and the illuminati -- PART 3by killuminatiAFF 65,226 views
- 4:50 Muammar Gaddafi relaxes at homeby Channel4News 1,366,381 views
- 2:47 RUSSIA LOVES INDIA; Defense Contracts, reactors, high tech deals POWER PLAY WITH WORLD SUPER POWERSby WorldConflictReport 6,365 views
- 0:47 Gaddafi's body lies in Misrata market cooler - IndepthAfricaby Indepth Africa 57,635 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,905,433 views
- 2:04 Psalm 5by hansolo0708 13,401 views
- 9:29 Obama Clinton's Libya Foreign Policy: Arming Jihaadists to terrorize secular ally in war on terrorby aligzanduh 617 views
- 2:09 CNN´s Cooper spins Gaddafi´s death Oct 22 20111by bonanza91v 698 views