North Shore in Slow Motion - Canon 7D 1000 FPS
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 23, 2011
Add my facebook youtube page! :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devin-S...
And don't forget Twitter! :) http://www.twitter.com/devinsupertramp
Film was made by Devin Graham.
To contact me about potential freelance jobs/feature film work, contact me by email here.
Stephen Anderson wrote the music score that was used in this video. You can download the song on iTunes in the link below.
The song from this video is called "Count Your Blessings", it's from a old Christian hymn that Stephen did his own rendition of.
You can also contact him here.
The main surfer in the video is Andy Pierce. Evan Fa is one of the body boarders in the video as well.
On a technical note:
The entire video was shot on a Canon 7D, all in 720P, at 60fps (frames per second).
I used a couple different Canon lenses to shoot this, they were...
Canon 70-200 F/2.8
Canon 100-400 F/4/5.6
Canon 2X III Extender (this makes the lens when it is at 400mm, become 800 mm's. It does loose some quality, but it's not very noticeable.)
The entire video was shot all on the North Shore, at Pipeline, and Waimea for the big waves.
To get the "super slow motion", after I filmed at 60fps, I through it into the program "After Effects". I used an effect that comes with the program called "Time Warp". This allowed me to make the 60fps, to 1000fps. The way this works is the computer processes/adds frames in between the frames that are already in existence. It took several days for the computer to process the clips into the super slow motion that appears as well, so it does take a lot out of the computer, as far as processing goes.
Another similar program that does something similar to this slow motion effect, is a program called "Twixtor". It's another great program that is very similar, however you have to buy it as a separate plugin, and it is a little expensive, but if you do a lot of slow motion, it's totally worth it :)
For BUSINESS ENQUIRERS ONLY, you can contact me at this email.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:27 Dubstep Piano on the lake - Radioactive - With William Joseph - 4Kby devinsupertramp Featured 2,295,959
- 5:22 Parkour, Cops, and Donuts - 4Kby devinsupertramp1,835,943 views
- 4:21 Huge Bike Jump into a Pond 35 feet in the airby devinsupertramp6,269,944 views
- 3:01 Assassin's Creed 4 Meets Parkour in Real Life - Comic-Con - 4Kby devinsupertramp6,125,222 views
- 4:57 Vancouver Island- Inception - Canon 5D Mark II - Glidecam HD 2000by devinsupertramp497,647 views
- 9:17 Skydive Dubai - May 2011by CedMovies13,655,305 views
- 5:26 High-Speed Photography Tutorial with Splashes and Flashesby Photo Extremist2,459,112 views
- 35 videos Play all slow motionby McLe230
- 10:08 AK-47 Underwater at 27,450 frames per second (Part 2) - Smarter Every Day 97by SmarterEveryDay5,810,101 views
- 9:54 Bluebirds with Canon 7D and 500mmby Colin Knight89,355 views
- 8:30 Just Cops (Canon 7D Short Film made in 168 hours)by Theo Love278,604 views
- 39:41 Electro & House 2012 Special Dance Mix #05by TheElectroHouseKinG7,317,100 views
- 3:57 Washington - Enchantments - Canon 5D Mark II - Glidecam HD 4000by devinsupertramp456,685 views
- 9:06 Canon 60D vs 550D vs 7D - which one is better?by DigitalRev TV1,107,350 views
- 3:17 Longboarding Adventure - Insane Speeds!by devinsupertramp1,157,871 views
- 3:04 Modern Warfare - Epic Tower Jumpby devinsupertramp1,985,869 views
- 2:54 Extreme Highlining - Insane Heights!!!by devinsupertramp895,003 views
- 3:43 Slow motion skateboarding slams / bails / falls (1000 fps)by ashomsky1,213,330 views
- 2:37 Human Bungee Slingshot - Human Catapult!by devinsupertramp2,618,936 views
- 4:07 Canon EOS 7D - Versatile Auto Focus 1/8by ChristopherKblog445,957 views