How to Marry a Corporation
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 19, 2012
Thanks to the Supreme Court and their Citizen's United decision - corporations in America are considered people - but it didn't used to be like this. The first modern corporations began forming the 1880's - and after realizing the power these corporations had on society and the danger they could pose to our democracy - Congress passed the Tillman Act in 1907 - which outlawed corporations from donating to politicians. But - fast forward a century - and corporations are now donating to politicians without any limits - because the Supreme Court decided to blow up the sensibility of the Tillman Act, and replace it with the mind-boggling idea that corporations are people, and money is speech.
And - if corporations are people - and we follow that logic to its final conclusion - then corporations should be allowed to marry - right? Well - King County, Washington - the county that Seattle is in - followed the Citizen's United logic and showed how absurd it is - and they issued a marriage license for a living, breathing woman to marry an inanimate, all-powerful corporation. In a beautiful and heartfelt wedding ceremony in King County, Washington - Ms. Angela Marie Vogel married Corporate Person - a Washington State Corporation. The wedding ceremony was attended by roughly 100 guests - and was presided over by Pastor Rich Lang - who presided over a brilliant ceremony that was also brilliant political theatre.
Pastor Lang told the crowd that, "For Angela, dear, sweet victim of corporate propaganda, she has been swept up in a love that knows no boundaries, nor limits, no moral concerns..." Lang went on to say that, "we gather knowing that the love that binds them together will end in the grief and tragedy of Angela's mortal death, even as Corporate Person lives on, marrying again and again with the adoration and support of shareholders world-wide." And - finally - at the end of the ceremony - Pastor Lang closed by saying, "In celebration of this merger let us reach deep into our pocketbooks and take out a symbol of that which is most sacred and holy of all - let us show the benevolent power of our Corporate Lords and Master by taking out a $1 dollar bill."
Standard YouTube License
- 5:35 Why Would Anyone Proudly Call Themselves a Conservative?by TheBigPictureRTFeatured 11,854
- 11:00 Justice Scalia tells America to, "Get Over It"by TheBigPictureRT 2,422 views
- 11:44 Meet 1 Family w/More Wealth than 40% of Americaby TheBigPictureRT 2,799 views
- 6:37 The Republican Lie about the Self-Made Mythby TheBigPictureRT 1,657 views
- 3:13:57 The Corporation Nation Master (2010) - Full Lengthby GnosticMedia 49,800 views
- 10:00 MTV's Downtown Episode 7 Part 1by mtvsdowntownfanpage 9,091 views
- 0:48 Mitt Romney- Corporations Are People!by laanfiowe 162,756 views
- 12:31 "A Corporation Is Not A Person!" Senator Sanders Offers A Constitutional Amendment!by MOXNEWSd0tC0M 21,582 views
- 1:45 Kids Get Marriedby Amy Garcia 35,935 views
- 7:42 Marriage of Corporate Person and Angela Vogel - The Ceremonyby HuckandMyrtle 5,352 views
- 8:18 Noam Chomsky on Corporate Personhood: 2011by Reagan Sova 24,334 views
- 6:43 Corporations Now Voting Like Citizensby TYTInterviews 10,395 views
- 2:07 Marriage License Application Scam - Part 1by ministryboundaries 648 views
- 12:07 Conversations w/Great Minds - Jeff Clements, Corporations are not People P1by TheBigPictureRT 2,619 views
- 6:39 How The GOP Could Spend $50 Million vs. Repealing Obamacareby TheBigPictureRT 520 views
- 7:31 ☆ AMAZING SPEECH : OWSby elusiontv 710 views
- 4:01 "A List Of Corporate Criminals Ravaging The World" - M.O.C. #99by LeeCamp2 4,500 views
- 3:01 What makes a person? Part One: Corporations - STDWYTKby ConspiracyStuff 8,231 views
- 11:45 Kingpin (La Corporacion) HD capitulo 2.by smartpez 35,882 views
- 2:48 Are Corporations People?by LearnLiberty 62,567 views
- Loading more suggestions...