33-year-old Kobe Bryant 40pts vs Utah Jazz 11/12 NBA *Back-to-back 40pts game
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 12, 2012
Andrew Bynum wasn't on the court the first time the Los Angeles Lakers faced the Utah Jazz.
He made his presence felt Wednesday night, with five blocked shots, including a game-saver on Al Jefferson's short jumper with 1.9 seconds remaining in overtime as the Lakers held on for a 90-87 victory.
Kobe Bryant scored 40 points to lead the Lakers, including a pair of free throws with 0.7 seconds remaining for the final margin.
Millsap then scored the first four points of overtime, but the Lakers fought back, with 3-pointers by Bryant and Pau Gasol.
"Pau's got a green light to shoot the 3," Brown said. "As you can tell, guys trust him. Kobe made a pass to him late in the game at a crucial point. To see him step and knock it down was huge for us."
Seven-foot Bynum came up even bigger.
He made just 5 of 13 shots, but his tip-in with 51 seconds left in OT put the Lakers ahead 88-87.
Millsap brought the Jazz within one, then after Bryant's miss, the Jazz found themselves with a chance to win.
Gordon Hayward had the ball and started toward the lane, only to pass it to Jefferson underneath.
Bynum was there.
"It was just a reaction," Bynum said about his block. "I'm lucky he went for the quick flip."
Hayward said he thought about shooting it himself.
"The clock's winding down, a final scramble and we didn't know what was going on," Hayward said. "There were 8 seconds left, so I got to make a play. Maybe I could have shot a 1-2 pullup, but I thought it was the right play, the right pass. We got a good look. Bynum just made a good play."
Bryant would block a long 3-point attempt by Devin Harris as the Jazz inbounded with 0.7 seconds remaining in OT.
The win was the first on the road for the Lakers (8-4), while Utah (6-4) is 5-1 at home.
"It felt good to get a road win here," Bryant said. "It's a very tough place to play and it was a huge test for us."
But even he wasn't so sure Gasol could knock down the 22-footer from the corner.
"Pau's been shooting them well in practice and Coach has been urging me to trust him at the 3-point line," Bryant said. "I thought about passing it to him, it seemed like an eternity. But I said, 'What the hell.'
"You think Tebow prays? When that ball left his hand, I must have said 30 Hail Mary's."
Gasol finished with 14 points. He was just 5 of 14 overall, but hit his only 3-point attempt -- his first of the season.
"Tonight was not a very effective game on our part, for the most part," Gasol said. "But we continued to fight through it. We forgot about everything else and we made two big plays down the stretch with the put-back and the block and I was able to make a couple plays. Hopefully we'll get the bodies that we have injured right now and it will give us a deeper rotation."
If the Lakers were celebrating a little more than usual, they say they earned the right.
"Andrew kind of made of his own coverage on Al and we tried to keep telling him to get out of it," Lakers coach Mike Brown said. "But he didn't listen to us and whatever he did, worked. So I'm going to add it to my defensive package."
Jefferson, who was coming off a season-high 30-point effort against Cleveland on Tuesday, was held to 11 points on 5-of-17 shooting.
Paul Millsap led the Jazz with a season-high 29 points, hitting 14 of 24 shots.
The loss was the first at home for the Jazz this season and halted their five-game winning streak.
The Lakers embarrassed the Jazz in Utah's season-opener, winning by 25 even without Bynum on Dec. 27.
This one was close throughout, with Millsap's tip-in tying it at 78 with 21 seconds left in regulation.
Bryant, coming of a 48-point game Tuesday night at home against Phoenix, missed a shot at the buzzer that would have won it in regulation for Los Angeles.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:09 Kobe Bryant makes 10 three-pointers in a rowby Los Angeles TimesFeatured 653,026
- 9:57 Kobe Bryant Scores 61 Points (watch every point!!!), 2-2-2009, New York Knicks Recordby Dave N 1,049,102 views
- 7:29 Kobe Bryant throws temper tantrum vs Utah Jazz March 20 2008by a great archive of Kobe Bryant game footage! (Bruce Blitz) 654,292 views
- 5:20 Great Expectations - Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordanby MaxaMillion711 1,327,915 views
- 7:01 Kobe Bryant 2009 Finals: 40 points vs Magicby KB24 Archive: Subscribe 291,666 views
- 54 videos Play all Kobe !!!!!!!!!!!!
- 3:34 Kobe Bryant's clutchest game 2008 Olympics USAby victorlopez007's channel 2,841,982 views
- 8:35 KOBE BRYANT: 17 pts in 6 mins vs. Boston Celtics (2010 NBA Finals Game 5)by Jacopo Malatesta 449,838 views
- 6:35 Kobe Bryant 42 points (3rd straight 40+ game) vs Cavaliers full highlights (2012.01.13)by Kietasss 172,024 views
- 4:48 Kobe Bryant 60 points Lakers vs Grizzlies 2007by NBAvideos by Eisesglut 162,632 views
- 9:35 Kobe Bryant 38 points game 4 vs Utah Jazz 2009 NBA Playoffsby thekobebryantblitz 89,498 views
- 10:19 Phil Jackson Interview On Jay Leno Compare Jordan & Kobe 5/16/2013by TrackGuruAllStarVet 53,883 views
- 21:04 Kobe Bryant 81 Points (HD)by boxcarracer13 1,756,338 views
- 5:48 Kobe Bryant Mix - All Of The Lightsby Socka V. Iv 917,118 views
- 5:00 NBA Kobe Bryant Scores 30 in one quarterby NBAflorence 586,803 views
- 10:41 Kobe Bryant 2000-01 • 45 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists vs. San Antonio Spurs (1/2)by nikosvault 91,107 views
- Kobe Bryant 97,910 videos21K
- 4:19 Kobe Bryant-The Black Mamba-Cozza Frenzy-2011 HD Mixby SuperKobe244 73,064 views
- 4:41 Kobe Bryant 55pts vs Michael Jordan's Wizards 2002by ARSENALLAKERS的頻道 729,766 views
- 3:30 2003 All-Star Game Last seconds of OTby Immortal24Dragon 1,692,684 views
- 9:53 Kobe Bryant greatest games: 62pts in 3 quarters vs Dallasby Kobe Bryant greatest games 744,420 views
- 2:05 Kobe Bryant Goes OFF For 45 Points At The Drew League!!! The Black Mamba With Gamewinner!by Hoopmixtape.com 1,372,295 views
- Loading more suggestions...