Stealth Tech: Nazis Vs. United States
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 11, 2009
B-2 bombers and F-117 fighters are the only aircrafts that was built with stealth technology prior to the year 2000. Now, F-22, Raptor, has joined the fleet, it entered into its military service in 2006. (F-35 expects to be entering the service soon.)
F-117, on the other hand, decommissioned from service due to lacking its leading-edge technology and costing too much on maintaining the fleet.
As far as stealth technology is concerned, there is no question about as to what country has been leading the technology and building it. It's the United States. But when its technology is talking about prior to 1970s, the demised Nazi's Germany was in the forefront. They had already had built stealth-tech applied aircrafts in the early 1940s. It's called Ho 229.
Amazingly, its design is strikingly similar to B-2 bombers. Thus so many thought B-2 was built based on the design of Ho 229, makes people to think that when Nazis surrendered in 1945, the US stole the design and built the B-2 bombers decades later.
This was not the case, although it was suspected that Nazis design might have affected US. Back in 1941, by Jack Northrop, the same shape of aircraft had already been built and test flying high on the desert of Mojave. The aircraft was called XB-35.
The test flying was taking place at a air base was called Muroc Air Force Base, now known as Edward Air Force Base.
In 1946, an advanced version of the same aircraft was rolled out with much more powerful jet engines. It was called YB-49. The aircraft, however, was ordered to destroy due to unable to maintain its controllability—stalling.
Then 30 more years later, it came back to life. The US government needed an airplane to penetrate the Soviet airspace, without being detected by enemy radars.
In order to evade the radar detection, the conventional shape of aircraft was useless. The only way to evade radar detection was to use once discarded YB-49 shape. Hence, Northrop bought it out back and applied with state-of-the-art radar-signature absorbing paint.
As for controlling the aircraft with stability, 130 computers used to help control the aircraft and prevent the airplane stalling, of which a technology called as "fly-by-wire."
Now, this video shows how the stealth aircraft was developed.
Written by cacomfort.
Standard YouTube License
- 44:23 Stealth : Documentary on Stealth technology from Aircraft to Warshipsby Bing Bang Ding Dong41,797 views
- 45:03 Greatest Mysteries of WWII: Hitler's Stealth Fighter (720P)by SUPERIOR HISTORY5,801,196 views
- 7:16 The Five Worst Weapons Still in Use - Truthloaderby Truthloader1,686,404 views
- 43:59 Nazi Technology History Channel1.mp4by olegaffhealth1177,570 views
- 4:50 Actual Most Powerful Jet In The World / Anti Stealth Jetby ChineseStealthJXx189,909 views
- 4:28 The TRUTH About the Aurora Hypersonic Jetby iRateAt3082,747,179 views
- 9:59 Russian Tech vs Stealth Tech in Near Future.mp4by Ali Samer58,719 views
- 2:33 Boeing C-17 Globemaster crash B-52 Jet Crash All Hell breaks loose Roy Dawson Realtor videoby Roy Dawson6,362,351 views
- 23:12 The Story of the Flying Wing (1948)by The Digital Implosion17,102 views
- 2:58 --93GODZILE-- Shenyang J-31 -2013-by 93GoDziLE16,706 views
- 43:06 Русский Стелс. В погоне за невидимкой - Russian Stealthby Александр АЙВЕНЕНГО ТВ.НЬЮС14,222 views
- 6:46 The Last Day of "Bonnie & Clyde"by itsetsin166,047 views
- 45:03 Stealth Fighter - Hitler's Secret Weapons Recreated | Greatest Mysteries of World War II | 720pby HistoryRepeatsTwice59,071 views
- 4:12 US Latest Technology The New XM307by jameskhanbond511,029 views
- 44:59 Forgotten Stealth Fighter of Nazi Germanyby m morty151,096 views
- 5:52 2010 - NEW VIDEO - Russian Stealth Fighter - Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA - HD - High Definition Trailerby SRBdevis2000817,958 views
- 4:07 Horten Go 229 IX V3 near crash - 4. E-Jet Meeting Effeln 2010by feldi27341,760 views
- 46:25 Stealth - Aviones Invisibles al Radarby reyesibaceta110,818 views
- 44:23 Battle Stations - FA-22 Raptorby lord lucan1,448,979 views
- 43:38 F35 JSF Stealth or How the West was Lost.flvby TheTabellarius100,255 views
- Loading more suggestions...