Eight O'Clock Coffee (Day One)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 4, 2006
Based on a true coffee.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted seeds, commonly called coffee beans, of the coffee plant. They are seeds of coffee cherries that grow on trees in over 70 countries. Green unroasted coffee is one of the most traded agricultural commodities in the world. Due to its caffeine content, coffee can have a stimulating effect in humans. Today, coffee is one of the most popular beverages worldwide.
The energizing effect of the coffee bean plant is thought to have been discovered in Yemen in Arabia and in the northeast region of Ethiopia, and the cultivation of coffee first expanded in the Arab world. The earliest credible evidence of coffee drinking appears in the middle of the fifteenth century, in the Sufi monasteries of Yemen in southern Arabia. From the Muslim world, coffee spread to Italy, then to the rest of Europe, to Indonesia, and to the Americas. Coffee has played a crucial role in many societies throughout history. In Africa and Yemen, it was used in religious ceremonies. As a result, the Ethiopian Church banned its secular consumption, a ban in effect until the reign of Emperor Menelik II of Ethiopia. It was banned in Ottoman Turkey during the 17th century for political reasons, and was associated with rebellious political activities in Europe.
Coffee berries, which contain the coffee seed, or "bean", are produced by several species of small evergreen bush of the genus Coffea. The two most commonly grown are the highly regarded Coffea arabica, and the 'robusta' form of the hardier Coffea canephora. The latter is resistant to the devastating coffee leaf rust (Hemileia vastatrix). Both are cultivated primarily in Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Africa. Once ripe, coffee berries are picked, processed, and dried. The seeds are then roasted to varying degrees, depending on the desired flavor. They are then ground and brewed to create coffee. Coffee can be prepared and presented in a variety of ways.
An important export commodity, coffee was the top agricultural export for twelve countries in 2004, and it was the world's seventh-largest legal agricultural export by value in 2005. Some controversy is associated with coffee cultivation and its impact on the environment. Many studies have examined the relationship between coffee consumption and certain medical conditions; whether the overall effects of coffee are ultimately positive or negative has been widely disputed. The method of brewing coffee has been found to be important to its health effects.
Tea is the agricultural product of the leaves, leaf buds, and internodes of the Camellia sinensis plant, prepared and cured by various methods. "Tea" also refers to the aromatic beverage prepared from the cured leaves by combination with hot or boiling water, and is the common name for the Camellia sinensis plant itself.
After water, tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world. It has a cooling, slightly bitter, astringent flavour which many enjoy.
There are at least six varieties of tea: white, yellow, green, oolong, black and pu-erh of which the most commonly found on the market are white, green, oolong and black. All teas are made from the same species of plant, though different varieties may be used, and the leaves are processed differently, and, in the case of fine white tea, grown differently. Pu-erh tea, a post-fermented tea, is also often used medicinally.
The term "herbal tea" usually refers to an infusion or tisane of leaves, flowers, fruit, herbs or other plant material that contains no Camellia sinensis. The term "red tea" refers to an infusion made from either black tea (mainly in Chinese, Korean, Japanese and other East Asian languages) or the South African rooibos plant (containing no Camellia sinensis).
© 2006 Tobuscus
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Eight O'Clock Coffee (Day One)
- 2:41 Eight O'Clock Coffee (Day Two)by Tobuscus736,021 views
- 9:01 AiPhoneby Tobuscus853,983 views
- 3:28 "THE SCARIEST STORY EVER"by Tobuscus1,550,856 views
- 3:34 What I'd do with the remote from Click...by Tobuscus765,769 views
- 10:00:14 (10 HOURS) How to Make a Viral Videoby TobyGames197,517 views
- 3:10 VIRAL MUSIC VIDEO (w/ Lyrics!)by TobyTurner203,914 views
- 12:21 Latte'Artby Khwanchai Matan3,567,021 views
- 8:44 I GOT ROBBED by the IN-N-OUT BURGLAR!by TobyTurner808,513 views
- 12:01 Let's Play Stanley Parable - Part 1by TobyGames181,516 views
- 6:46 LEMON PARTY 18.10.2013 r. Klub Cienista Puławyby DJ Jay2,766 views
- 3:08 VIRAL SONGby Tobuscus1,534,542 views
- 2:21 ADULT HEELYS?! (Toby Shops Impulsively)by Tobuscus512,411 views
- 4:20 Words With Friends... OR ELSE!by Tobuscus1,281,605 views
- 3:40 GUILTY PUPPYby Tobuscus2,550,107 views
- 2:32 There's a Floppy Disk on the Floor (Original Song)by Tobuscus843,124 views
- 1:42 Googling Boobiesby Tobuscus1,842,213 views
- 2:55 TRAPPED in a Pistachios Ad!by Tobuscus2,436,658 views
- 1:16 TRAPPED IN AN AD!by Tobuscus2,562,750 views
- 3:37 Classical Gas for Classby Tobuscus1,059,116 views
- 2:43 KOMEN ETEN Blonde Joyce kan geen koffie zetten BLONDE JOYCE CAN'T MAKE COFFEE Un blonde fait du caféby Gulosh Milosh25,098 views
- Loading more suggestions...