Interview with Denis Koehl
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 24, 2011
Denis Koehl, Military Adviser to SESAR-JU Executive Director, gives an overview of the military cooperation established with EUROCONTROL within SESAR.
SESAR is an ambitious Programme which involves all the obvious partners:
not only the control services but also airspace users, airlines, industry, the European institutions which steer the project, and the States.
'Integrating both civil and military requirements into one ATM system will guarantee unrestricted access to airspace to all users.'
Since the Second World War, aviation has developed around a concept of dialogue between the crews and ground control. This concept has reached its limits.
Faced with a growth in activity at the major airports which in the future will probably affect the entire airspace, it makes sense to harmonise the management and air traffic control procedures.
'The participation of military experts at national level has proven essential to ascertain the right focus and achieve mutually beneficial results throughout the development phase.'
Problems linked to State sovereignty must also be taken into account, given the cross-border nature of military missions.
'Fully embedding its civil-military expertise, the EUROCONTROL network of military organisations supports all SESAR JU relevant activities to ensure the full integration of military requirements and to guarantee interoperability between systems.'
The SESAR JU relies at all times on EUROCONTROL's expertise in military coordination. Much knowledge has been gained through wide-ranging experience of missions, but also through dialogue with States. These specialised bodies, such as the Military ATM Board, prove their merit by meeting our expectations.
'We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.' Woody Allen
Standard YouTube License
- 49:14 Discovery - Understanding air traffic controlby MrQrzdx114,108 views
- 33:51 NEWLY RELEASED! 9-11 WTC September 11 2001 Raw FAA ATC Air Traffic Control Audio Tapes 911by AviationExplorer221,483 views
- 19:14 Reduced Vertical Separation Minimaby EUROCONTROLTV1,787 views
- 5:23 Student pilot and angry controller ; air traffic controlby iAvi883,045 views
- 2:07 Pilot Saved By Quick Thinking Air Traffic Controllerby ABC News111,692 views
- 10:51 Funny ATC - A hard day at JFK Towerby jk6115382,991 views
- 8:06 The FUTURE. Todayby EUROCONTROLTV19,963 views
- 26:11 Military and Civilian aircraft movements at MIA 27 - 02 - 2011by Johann Tonna628 views
- 7:46 Military flights in the future SES - Part 1by EUROCONTROLTV873 views
- 8:14 Fly Series 1 - Air traffic control in Europeby EUROCONTROLTV48,565 views
- 8:15 Fly Series 1: Air traffic management in Europeby Creepke18,540 views
- 1:52 Funny ATC as President Obama Departs Boston Logan on Air Force One 6-26-2012by jenf777762,326 views
- 10:04 MUAC 2002: a new eye for a safe European sky.by Philip Marien1,451 views
- 7:27 FABEC Project West simulationby EUROCONTROLTV1,710 views
- 8:20 EUROCONTROL - FLY - Serie 1 - Sujet 1 - Organisation du Trafic Aérien en Europeby Muac Fan1,107 views
- 3:26 EUROCONTROL - Building the Single European Skyby EUROCONTROLTV14,534 views
- 9:46 Fly Series 2 - The way ahead for air navigationby EUROCONTROLTV6,440 views
- 10:38 United Airlines Emergency Landing in Boston (ATC Conversations)by Daniel Mori151,057 views
- 10:16 Rencontre avec Luc Ferry - Fnac Montparnasse (1/2)by fnac4,783 views
- 8:48 MUAC: 40 years of Visionby EUROCONTROLTV2,011 views
- Loading more suggestions...