1999: Osama bin Laden / Saddam Hussein alliance
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 29, 2008
UPDATE Dec. 11, 2009: EVEN MORE EVIDENCE UNEARTHED!
READ MORE about Saddam's terror links: http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs...
And especially here: http://tinyurl.com/m9x4u9
LISTEN TO an excellent discussion from The World Tonight about his terror links: http://emedia.am770chqr.com/Podcasts/...
IRAN-TALIBAN UPDATE: For details on the extensive links between Iran and the Afghanistan Taliban see the article by Long War Journal's Thomas Joscelyn "Iran and the Taliban, allies against America" here: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archive...
This video is old news, but still interesting. A 1999 ABC News report on the connections between Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida.
Again, this is from 1999(!), while Bill Clinton was still Prez. This segment was from a "Crime and Justice" show originally aired on January 14, 1999 featuring John Miller, the late John McWethy, Sheila MacVicar, and Cynthia McFadden.
This is the transcript:
In Germany, Mamdouh Salim, alleged to be a key military advisor and believed to be privy to bin Laden's most secret projects, is also apprehended. The U.S. government alleges he was under secret orders to procure enriched uranium for the purpose of developing nuclear weapons. These are allegations bin Laden does not now deny.
OSAMA BIN LADEN: (through translator) It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harms on Muslims. But how we could use these weapons if we possess them is up to us.
SHEILA MACVICAR: (voice-over) With an American price on his head, there weren't many places bin Laden could go, unless he teamed up with another international pariah, one also with an interest in weapons of mass destruction.
VINCE CANNISTRARO: Osama believes in, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend and is someone I should cooperate with". That's certainly the current case with Iraq.
SHEILA MACVICAR: (voice-over) Saddam Hussein has a long history of harboring terrorists. Carlos the Jackal, Abu Nidal, Abu Abbas - the most notorious terrorists of their era - all found shelter and support at one time in Baghdad. Intelligence sources say bin Laden's long relationship with the Iraqis began as he helped Sudan's fundamentalist government in their efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction.
Three weeks after the bombing, on August 31, bin Laden reaches out to his friends in Iraq and Sudan. Iraq's vice president arrives in Khartoum to show his support for the Sudanese after the U.S. attack. ABC News has learned that during these meetings, senior Sudanese officials acting on behalf of bin Laden ask if Saddam Hussein would grant him asylum.
Iraq was, indeed, interested. ABC News has learned that in December, an Iraqi intelligence chief, named Farouk Hijazi*, now Iraq's ambassador to Turkey, made a secret trip to Afghanistan to meet with bin Laden. Three intelligence agencies tell ABC News they cannot be certain what was discussed, but almost certainly, they say, bin Laden has been told he would be welcome in Baghdad.
And intelligence sources say they can only speculate on the purpose of an alliance. What could bin Laden offer Saddam Hussein? Only days after he meets Iraqi officials, bin Laden tells ABC News that his network is wide, and there are people prepared to commit terror in his name who he does not even control.
OSAMA BIN LADEN: (through translator) It is our job to incite and to instigate. By the grace of God, we did that, and certain people responded to this instigation.
# # #
* see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farouk_H...
No matter how one might feel about the Iraq War, we must acknowledge several facts:
- Saddam and Iraq had links with Osama and al-Qaida well before 9/11.
- Al-Qaida in Iraq is nearly decimated.
- Our ongoing dismemberment of the radical Shia militias is the last key to winning in Iraq.
- The long-sought light at the end of the tunnel is well in sight. In other words, victory is at hand.
So now let us properly honor the sacrifices of our fallen heroes by pressing on to the victory they have purchased for us.
In the words of Chuck Yeager, "Press on!"
Standard YouTube License
- 11:35 The best speech ever in court? Some say, yes!by CorruptionCripples Featured 369,258
- 42:52 Sons Of Saddam Documentaryby videos4yoazz131,422 views
- 6:23 La CIA y Osama Bin Laden (2-2)by fairportmersel2007180,889 views
- 14:31 Uday Saddam Hussein حفلات عدي صدام حسين الخاصةby ArcanumMediaGroup468,418 views
- 45:01 La muerte de osama bin ladenby Dario Ricardo221,870 views
- 59:52 Documentaire Saddam Hussein: le Maître de Bagdadby CultureDoc43,454 views
- 55:40 house of saddam [s01e03]by per drepth57,986 views
- 1:35 Osama's Death Photos Not Shown Out of Respecby The Alien Fossil Project497,549 views
- 10 videos Play all Osama Bin Ladenby barccy
- 59:22 house of saddam [s01e01]by per drepth149,551 views
- 58:33 house of saddam [s01e02]by per drepth173,432 views
- 10:14 Osama Bin Laden - In The Name Of Allah by xXMaxTeaMXx144,359 views
- 14:29 The Truth about Osama bin Laden and Iraqby WesleyClark90,437 views
- 4:33 Saddam Hussein Sentenced to Death By Hangingby harvesteroftruth2455,127 views
- 29:06 The Death of Bin Laden (BBC Documentary)by SpooksBBC207,352 views
- 4:00 Tony Benn's interview with Saddam Hussein 4th February 2003 (Part 1 of 3)by setfree68408,749 views
- 10:23 Bin Laden's Last Tapeby Larry Hankin200,319 views
- 0:53 CIA Agent: "Osama Bin Laden died of natural causes" 5 Years Before Seal-Team-6 Raidby slewofdamascus42,926 views
- 18:12 The Man Who Killed Osama bin Ladenby The I Files1,098,497 views
- 8:53 OSAMA BIN LADEN Was A BUSH PARTNER & A CIA ASSET Using The Name TIM OSMAN, [1 OF 2]by ricthuse188,661 views