Protein Powders Are Scams: What Supplement Don't Lead to Fat Loss or Muscle Gain
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 9, 2011
OIN ME ON FACEBOOK- http://www.facebook.com/chefbuff
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/omarisuf
FREE GUY FAT LOSS PROGRAM- http://fatasstobaddass.com
FREE FEMALE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM- http://www.divineinnotime.com
Protein powder is big business. Its the number one supplement in the fitness industry. Everyone should be using a form of protein powder as its an easily absorbed, cost-effective source of high quality protein necessary for building muscle or losing fat. Too bad everyone in the supplement business is trying to scam you and make you pay extra for bullshit and they might even include substances that are toxic and can be lethal!
HERE IS THE LINK: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/ma...
The supplement industry is not regulated by the FDA which means just about anyone can start their own protein powder company and sell it to you. I could make up my own protein powder, called Buff N' Stuff and sell it to you at $20 at your local supplement store.
The problem with the lack of regulation is a lot of protein powders contain toxic ingredients. In fact, the MOST popular protein powders have some of the highest levels of chemicals like lead, mercury and arsenic, all of which are terrible for you.
Supplement companies DON'T want you to know about this and its a little known fact. Look at the list in the description! Amongst them are muscle milk, EAS and Optimum.
Today I'm going to tell you what to watch out for when selecting your protein powder, so you can get the most bang for your buck.
Before selecting a protein powder, you have to determine why do you want to use it. Do you use it to get in extra protein? Do you use it as a meal replacement, or do you use it around your work outs?
Most people should use protein powder around their work outs to shuttle protein into their bodies quickly to help repair the muscles. In this case a whey protein powder is the best idea. Whey protein contains particular amino acids that are important for helping to regulate your nitrogen balance.
Now this is where the confusion comes in. Theres three different types of whey and every single supplement company wants to convince you they have the best source.
The main difference in the three are how fast they are absorbed in the body and utilized. Hydrolyzed whey is the most expensive and is the fastest absorbed, while isolate is second and concentrate is 3rd.
I'd like to point however that the effects between the three are relatively minor and especially when you consider hydrolyzed whey is four times as expensive as concentrate, most people are better off with a quality concentrate.
And furthermore although I recommend protein powder, I use it in my programs, for a young trainee or beginner, protein powder isn't some wonder supplement thats going to pack 30 pounds of muscle on you, its just a useful tool.
Without leaving you hanging, if I had to recommend a protein powder that is high quality, cost-effective, tastes good and doesn't have toxic chemicals, I'd go with Biotest's Grow! Whey (http://www.t-nation.com/store/supplem...). Its bioactive, which means its easier to absorb and unlike most protein powders its produced in America vs China.
I'm not endorsed by them and I ask you to make your own objective opinion.
Also if you want to completely customize your protein powder and cost is NOT an issue then www.trueprotein.com is a great choice as you get to choose what type of protein goes into it and everything else!
With this you know more about protein powder than the dude behind the desk selling it to you. So the next time he tries to sell you the bullshit powder he was told to sell, tell him "Chef Buff says fuck you"
And make sure to comment rate, share and spread this video so more people understand about protein powder and stop asking me about it!!!
Topics covered: fat loss protein powder supplements diet nutrition gain muscles size weight gym exercises cardio free charlie sheen crazy interview loss jersey shore justin bieber hair cut epic meal time health exercise work outs bodyweight core bodybuilding motivation chest biceps abs comics zumba dance workout music weight loss sexy hot yoga pilates before and after transformation bodybuilder lil wayne born this way
Standard YouTube License
- 5:22 What Supplements Do I Use + Recommend? Chef Buff Answersby OmarIsuf Featured 44,013
- 5:56 The 4 WORST Muscle Building Workout Mistakes Beginners Makeby OmarIsuf317,427 views
- 8:27 Naturally Raise Your Testosterone- Lose More Weight, Gain More Muscle!by OmarIsuf77,097 views
- 7:24 How to Become Awesome at Pull Ups (Explode Your Back and Fat Loss)by OmarIsuf70,201 views
- 10:26 Jiffy Lube Scam Caught on Tape!by arcooke1,816,790 views
- 7:45 Ask the Machine - Top Supplements for Natural Bodybuildersby TheTigerFitness17,604 views
- 10:27 Honest Supplement Reviewby strengthcamp143,636 views
- 5:24 Intermittent Fasting: Does IF Work For Weight Loss or Building Muscle?by OmarIsuf117,900 views
- 9 videos Play all Fitness Menuby nicelalija
- 3:22 Should You Take Whey Protein Powder? Are Protein Powders Necessary?by OmarIsuf30,511 views
- Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts 250 videos2M
- 16:24 The Best Raw Vegan Protein Powder - That Has the Most Protein on the Planetby okraw41,432 views
- 7:37 IS PROTEIN POWDER NECESSARY? | Furious Pete Talksby Furious Pete Talks40,491 views
- 6:26 Protein Shakes: Good or Bad?⎢Daily Dose With Jillian Michaels | Everyday Healthby Everyday Health95,421 views
- 11:52 Great Supplements For Bulking: My Current Bulking Stackby PhysiquesOfGreatness215,878 views
- 4:59 Top 5 Simple Nutrition Tips for Rapid Fat Loss (Lose Weight!)by OmarIsuf105,893 views
- 6:34 Ronnie Coleman Supplement Talk - Best Bodybuilding supplementby sawboy2341,807 views
- 6:17 The Truth About Protein Drinks & Powders - Brent Smith Lifestyleby brent smith3,798 views
- 8:51 Chris Are You Still Down With Cheap Protein???by PhysiquesOfGreatness149,149 views
- 7:21 Lose Weight with Protein Shakes?!?--The TRUTH About Protein Shakes For Womenby leansecrets204,863 views