Video: CAIR-MN Asks FBI to Probe Hate Graffiti Targeting Muslim Family
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 6, 2011
(MINNEAPOLIS, MN, 5/6/11) -- The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-MN) today asked the FBI to investigate recent graffiti spray-painted on the Rochester home of a Somali Muslim family as a possible hate crime.
CAIR-MN said a Nazi swastika and the letters "KKK" were written on the side of a house in which the family lives. This is the third time they have been targeted.
SEE: Hate Crime Reported in NW Rochester
"We urge the FBI and state law enforcement authorities to treat this incident as a civil rights violation and to send a strong message that incidents of hate will not be tolerated in our community," said CAIR-MN President Lori Saroya.
She said it was nice to see neighbors rallying together against hate and assisting the Muslim family clean up the hate graffiti. She added that her organization is reaching out to the Rochester Muslim community and will be conducting safety trainings and outreach sessions there.
Saroya also urged the Muslim community to review security procedures using advice contained in CAIR's "Muslim Community Safety Kit."
SEE: CAIR Muslim Community Safety Kit
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.
Become a Fan of CAIR on Facebook
Subscribe to CAIR's E-Mail List
Subscribe to CAIR's Twitter Feed
Subscribe to CAIR's YouTube Channel
- END --
CONTACT: CAIR-MN President Lori Saroya, 612-327-6700, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; CAIR-MN Civil Rights Director Taneeza Islam, Esq., 651-587-4712, E-Mail: email@example.com; CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-744-7726, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard YouTube License
- 19:55 Somali Documentary --www.faafiye.comby Wargeyska FaafiyeFeatured 10,956
- 5:07 Video: CAIR Rep on CNN to Discuss Imams Removed from Flightby CAIRtv 2,616 views
- 2:10 Video: Teacher on Leave for Teasing Muslim Student (CAIR-TX)by CAIRtv 2,775 views
- 2:38 CAIR-MN: Discrimination at Macy'sby CAIRtv 11,937 views
- 1:55 Video: Muslim Waiter Says Bias Worsened After Osama Death (CAIR-NY)by CAIRtv 1,373 views
- 10:00 1da Luulyo Minneapolis 2/3by RegionalSomTV 10,038 views
- 6:44 Islamization of America. Somali jihad againt Freedomby KAFIRTV 3,853 views
- 3:43 The Mahdi is Alive on Earth NOW on March 1st, 2011by watchingJune071967 171,009 views
- 1:57 Video: Local Muslim Community Reacts to Hijab Ban (CAIR-MN)by CAIRtv 5,160 views
- 5:34 The Muslim Experience in Minnesotaby IRGMinnesota 5,635 views
- 5:04 CAIR Offers Ramadan Greetings, Thanks President Obama for Video Messageby CAIRtv 86,826 views
- 2:57 Israeli Soldiers kill Palestinian motherby WeAreChangeYorkshire 102,488 views
- 4:41 Somali Kiwis In New Zealand Fighting Prejudice With Buraanburby PreciousNC 12,415 views
- 4:21 Somalian Dance Groupby IntlFestBurnsville 78,903 views
- 2:48 Video: Conference on 'Fear of Islam' Reacts to Plane Incident (CAIR)by CAIRtv 2,584 views
- 1:52 CAIR-MN: Muslims Threatened with Firing for Speaking Somaliby CAIRtv 40,596 views
- 1:43 Video: Outrage After Calif. Muslim Removed From Plane (CAIR)by CAIRtv 10,834 views
- 2:12 Minnesota - Next Somalia ?by thecriticskorner 582,525 views
- 2:55 Video: CAIR Rep Discusses Death of Osama Bin Ladenby CAIRtv 926 views
- 7:23 Glenn Beck CNN Headline News-Fear Factor in Minnesota Crimeby AIFDtv 30,887 views
- Loading more suggestions...