Dean's Convocation: David Bell
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2012
Professor Bell is an expert in consumer shopping behavior. Most of his current research focuses on theories and explanations for geographic variation in Internet retail performance. Recent articles explain the effect of physical location on customer acquisition, contagion effects among co-located consumers, and the effect of preference isolation on online demand. Other projects focused on traditional retail settings explore unplanned and impulse buying, and consumer amortization strategies for fixed shopping costs. Previous articles explained consumer store choice among retailers with different pricing strategies, the effect of reference point formation on consumer response to promotions, and the effect of structural factors (e.g., dwelling size) on consumer shopping strategies.
Professor Bell's research is published in all of the premier academic marketing journals: Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Marketing Science, and Quantitative Marketing and Economics. He has won several teaching and research awards, including the MBA Core Curriculum Award, Miller-Sherrerd MBA Core Teaching Award, MBA for Executives Excellence in Teaching Award, the Frank M. Bass Outstanding Dissertation Award, three John D.C. Little Best Paper Finalist Awards, and two INFORMS Marketing Science Long Term Impact Finalist Awards.
Professor Bell serves as an expert witness in intellectual property matters pertaining to individual choice behavior. Recent representative cases include Sky Technologies LLP v. SAP, Individual Network LLC v. Apple Inc., and Two-Way Media LLC v. America Online, Inc. (all on behalf of the plaintiff; retained by Susman Godfrey LLP). He also advises and invests in Internet retail startups.
Professor Bell teaches Marketing Management in the Wharton MBA and MBA for Executives Programs and Empirical Modeling in PhD program. He also teaches in the Advanced Management Program and custom Wharton Executive Education programs for clients including AXA, Korean Marketing Association, Philips, Rohm and Haas, and Siam Cement Group.
Professor Bell is an Area Editor for Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, and on the editorial boards of International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, and Marketing Science. He holds a Ph.D. from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, an MS in Statistics from Stanford University, an MA (Honorary) from the University of Pennsylvania, an M.Com (1st Class Honors) and B.Com from the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:19:11 Davos Annual Meeting 2010 - What Is the "New Normal" for Global Growth?by WorldEconomicForumFeatured 25,804
- 59:59 Professor David Bell on Digital Marketing: Wharton Lifelong Learning Tourby thewhartonschool 1,204 views
- 1:07:04 Lectures in Entrepreneurship: Bill Childby huntsmanschool 678 views
- 8:28 ¿Sabe cómo funciona la mente del consumidor? Es neuromarketing, explica el experto Jürgen Klaricby negociosentm 76,941 views
- 1:08:47 David Aaker, Tracking Brands in Japan - Haas Schoolby UCBerkeleyHaas 3,097 views
- 57:29 Dr. Pawan Agrawal speaks at IIM Calcutta Institute Lecture seriesby IIMCalcutta 1,507 views
- 1:31:22 Spring Convocation 2013by OakwoodUniversityHSV 1,471 views
- 1:12:08 Dean's Convocation: Ian C. MacMillanby huntsmanschool 126 views
- 8:16 Jonathon McReynolds - Worship Medley at The 105th COGIC Holy Convocationby Wil Webb 5,622 views
- 1:23:51 2012 Faculty Awards Convocation Ceremonyby gvsu 2,987 views
- 7:29 Twinkie Clark Medley at 105th COGIC Holy Convocationby Wil Webb 20,393 views
- 1:22:07 Digital Marketing Lecture: Developing Digital Marketing Strategies & The 4 Ps of Digital Marketingby edufire 7,126 views
- 3:29 COGIC CONVOCATION 2012 shoutingby Larry Lee 4,531 views
- 59:32 First Steps to Achieving Effective Inventory Managementby EmpowerBusSolutions 346 views
- 21:33 Pricing Strategy.mp4 (#28 in series)by marketingmansite 726 views
- 3:44 Serious Praise Break....James Hall at the 105th Holy Convocationby kinggskid 17,605 views
- 1:01:26 Lawrence Bailey - Market Research Valedictory Lectureby LeedsMetUni 5,080 views
- 1:16:50 Dean's Convocation: James Quigleyby huntsmanschool 119 views
- 1:46:19 118th Stanford University Commencementby StanfordUniversity 23,085 views
- 1:25:12 Dean's Convocation: Crystal Maggeletby huntsmanschool 516 views
- Loading more suggestions...