Dean's Convocation: David Bell
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 5, 2012
Professor Bell is an expert in consumer shopping behavior. Most of his current research focuses on theories and explanations for geographic variation in Internet retail performance. Recent articles explain the effect of physical location on customer acquisition, contagion effects among co-located consumers, and the effect of preference isolation on online demand. Other projects focused on traditional retail settings explore unplanned and impulse buying, and consumer amortization strategies for fixed shopping costs. Previous articles explained consumer store choice among retailers with different pricing strategies, the effect of reference point formation on consumer response to promotions, and the effect of structural factors (e.g., dwelling size) on consumer shopping strategies.
Professor Bell's research is published in all of the premier academic marketing journals: Journal of Consumer Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science, Marketing Science, and Quantitative Marketing and Economics. He has won several teaching and research awards, including the MBA Core Curriculum Award, Miller-Sherrerd MBA Core Teaching Award, MBA for Executives Excellence in Teaching Award, the Frank M. Bass Outstanding Dissertation Award, three John D.C. Little Best Paper Finalist Awards, and two INFORMS Marketing Science Long Term Impact Finalist Awards.
Professor Bell serves as an expert witness in intellectual property matters pertaining to individual choice behavior. Recent representative cases include Sky Technologies LLP v. SAP, Individual Network LLC v. Apple Inc., and Two-Way Media LLC v. America Online, Inc. (all on behalf of the plaintiff; retained by Susman Godfrey LLP). He also advises and invests in Internet retail startups.
Professor Bell teaches Marketing Management in the Wharton MBA and MBA for Executives Programs and Empirical Modeling in PhD program. He also teaches in the Advanced Management Program and custom Wharton Executive Education programs for clients including AXA, Korean Marketing Association, Philips, Rohm and Haas, and Siam Cement Group.
Professor Bell is an Area Editor for Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, and on the editorial boards of International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Retailing, and Marketing Science. He holds a Ph.D. from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University, an MS in Statistics from Stanford University, an MA (Honorary) from the University of Pennsylvania, an M.Com (1st Class Honors) and B.Com from the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
Standard YouTube License
- 59:59 Professor David Bell on Digital Marketing: Wharton Lifelong Learning Tourby Wharton School2,830 views
- 35:15 Bishop Carlis L Moody "The Acid Test of Salvation" 106th Holy Convocation COGICby CogicisLive3,721 views
- 10:51 Retail Pricing 101 with Margin Masterby RetailerSoft960 views
- 3:01 Wharton EMBA Career Management: Overview of Servicesby Wharton Executive MBA484 views
- 46:43 "The Molyvos Project: Rebranding a Town" presented by ACT MBA class of 2012by American College of Thessaloniki238 views
- 31:27 Think Forum Hangout with David Bellby thinkpluspage
- 18:31 Mkt 247 Consumer Behavior Harper College Dr Mochocki Chp 5 Sub Cultures Chp 6 American Familyby DrMochocki138 views
- 16:47 How to get into Medical school- Secrets Part 1by ftplectures72,882 views
- 10:15 A Black Man's Journey through Medical Schoolby UMass Medical School14,564 views
- 3:20 MSc in Management Science and Marketing Analyticsby LancasterManagement1,216 views
- 3:12 Management Science Projectsby LancasterManagement757 views
- 15:07 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - C.H. Mason Memorial Choir "Call Him Up/Praise Break"by gospellvr15,685 views
- 50:20 How to cut costs with process analysis and process improvementby rtdknowledge14,907 views
- 4:36 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - C.H. Mason Memorial Choir "Official Day Offering Medley"by gospellvr3,056 views
- 21:33 Pricing Strategy.mp4 (#28 in series)by marketingmansite824 views
- 34:42 The Four Years of Medical Schoolby Tim de la Torre312,941 views
- 7:58 Elección Decano FADU 2013by FADU plural418 views
- 1:07:04 Lectures in Entrepreneurship: Bill Childby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business842 views
- 7:33 Le Show de Per Bou Xar et Doyen au CICES Regardez !!!!!!by senewebvideo4,049 views
- 7:39 Almuerzo por elección decano y Vicedecano FADU UBAby Antonio Ledesma813 views
- Loading more suggestions...