Eurocrats Carry On Up The Khyber, Determined and Delusional, says Farage
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 14, 2012
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/#!/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 13 March 2012
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the 'Europe of Freedom and Democracy' (EFD) Group in the European Parliament
• Debate: European Council and Commission statements - Conclusions of the European Council meeting of the 1-2 March 2012.
• Video: EbS - European Parliament
• Film source: Carry On Up the Khyber (1968)
Well, you're back Mr Van Rompuy, another two and half years. No doubt a reward for your great success. Indeed, listening to you I thought perhaps I had got it all wrong.
You talked about how positive the last Council meeting had been - that we've reached the turning point, that everything is going swimmingly. I was beginning to believe it.
But then I realised you did not mention the D word- default. No, that cannot be talked about. We pretend there has not been a default. Well, we know in fact in Greece last week there was a very major credit event.
And indeed, listening to all of you this morning, reminds me of the British comedy classic, 'Carry On up the Khyber' where the colonial English go on having dinner, ignoring the fact that impending disaster is all around them. You are determined but delusional in this attempt to keep the Euro propped up.
And whilst you're enjoying your dinner, incoming shells are landing all around you. Youth unemployment in Greece went through 50 per cent last week. That's fine, carry on, serve the main course.
And you will have seen yesterday that 110 German holders of Greek bonds are going to take legal action against the banks and against the Greek Government. But don't worry chaps, carry on, everything is going to be fine.
But perhaps the biggest bombshell is the German Finance Minister saying just yesterday nobody can exclude a third bailout. Pass the port. Do enjoy the party.
I mean this is a farcical situation. And why is it happening? That's what people in Europe want to know. Why is this happening?
Is this being done to help Greece? No, it is going to crucify Greece.
It is being done to prop up a failing project because you know that once Greece goes, others will go as well.
And some of the language! Mr Barroso, when leaders stand up and say that political moves are irreversible, history has one lesson. You are always, always going to be proved to be wrong.
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Standard YouTube License
- 3:11 FARAGE BLAZING !!!by wishfixFeatured 8,713
- 14:34 Epic Rant - 'Nigel Farage Was Right!'by NigelFarageFans 146,417 views
- 2:53 Schulz's Law: First confrontation between Farage and Schulzby europarl 52,212 views
- 1:36 New Euro-Nationalists - Nigel tells Merkel some home truthsby ukipwebmaster 237,213 views
- 4:13 Fake Terror! FBI Informants Supplied & Paid 300K to Entrap Americans! 25 Yrs in Prison!by GrassyKnollTrolls 6,018 views
- 6:46 'War on Terror is War on Liberty' - Nigel Farage launches e-petitionby europarl 24,874 views
- 9:59 Success! No TV licence... they know it's illegal.by commonlyknownasiam 87,719 views
- 3:05 The Wrath of Schulz: Nirj Deva stands up for Farageby europarl 34,345 views
- 15:19 UKIP leader Nigel Farage MEP - Student Debate Canterbury - Part 1 2012by ukipmedia 7,019 views
- 10:13 UKIP Nigel Farage met Angel Merkel - 21st Feb 12by ukipmedia 35,164 views
- 3:40 Police Brutality Mother knocked out with baby on the side-walk. PLEASE WATCH - YouTube.flvby elboyo2009 4,419 views
- 14:50 Farage: We've got to fight back against entrapment of global governmentby europarl 19,186 views
- 4:51 Orbán Viktor csúnyán leoltja Kálmán Olgát (2007)by Gábor Miseta 37,884 views
- 12:37 Oral Assassin Nigel Farage Has Cannon Balls 1/2 Compilationby 58784677 69,217 views
- 10:34 UKIP Nigel Farage - Speaking in Greece March 2012by ukipmedia 33,478 views
- 3:05 Nigel Farage wita Schulza na stołku szefa PEby KarasekUS 111,982 views
- 2:39 Farage: What gives you the right to dictate to the Greek and Italian people?by europarl 746,439 views
- 3:56 BBC acusses Nigel Farage of smoking & drinking too muchby PlanetEarthAwakens01 2,926 views
- 16:53 Nigel Farage student debate part 3by konf100 1,733 views
- 25:07 Orbán Viktor a Frizbi műsorában - 2012. 12. 23. tv2by magyarbelpolitika 13,473 views
- Loading more suggestions...