David Ogden Announces Gunrunner on March 24 2009 (Captioned)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 12, 2011
Deputy Attorney General David Ogden on March 24, 2009 at the podium of the James Brady(!) Press Room in the White House, with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano in the background, as seen on the full C-SPAN video from which this was copied (link at bottom). This is the smoking gun that DIRECTLY links Obama to the Fast and Furious "Gunrunner" operation.
Here is the text of Ogdens' remarks in their entirety:
"DOJ's Drug Enforcement Administration, which already has the largest U.S. drug enforcement presence in Mexico with 11 offices in that country, is placing 16 new DEA positions in Southwest border field operations specifically to target Mexican trafficking and associated violence.
"The DEA is also deploying four new mobile enforcement teams to specifically target Mexican methamphetamine trafficking, both along the border and in U.S. cities impacted by the cartels.
"DOJ's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is increasing its efforts by adding 37 new employees in three new offices, using $10 million in Recovery Act funds and redeploying 100 personnel to the Southwest border in the next 45 days to fortify its Project Gunrunner which is aimed at disrupting arms trafficking between the United States and Mexico.
"ATF is doubling its presence in Mexico itself, from five to nine personnel working with the Mexicans, specifically to facilitate gun-tracing activity which targets the illegal weapons and their sources in the United States."
Full C-SPAN Video Link from 3-24-2009, captioned for your convenience:
My original post and comments on Facebook on Sunday, July 10, 2011:
In the Spring of 2009, the Obama administration called for the banning of "assault rifles" and .50 BMG "sniper rifles" due to their use in crimes by Mexican drug cartels. Obama dubiously alleged -- and as debunked by FactCheck.org on April 17, 2009 at:
http://www.factcheck.org/politics/counting_mexicos_guns.html -- that 90% of these weapons were tracked back to the United States, implying that Americans have an obligation to surrender some of our freedoms to keep these weapons from being smuggled illegally over the border and used in Mexican-on-Mexican violence in Mexico. In this vintage clip, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre discusses Obama's proposals with Glenn Beck:
Obama backed off these proposals a month later, noting that such a ban would not be politically feasible at this time.
In Fall of 2009, the Obama Administration conceived Operation Fast and Furious, in which the ATF sold thousands of advanced weapons to Mexican drug cartels in order to track them once they were used in crimes. This policy perfectly dovetailed with Obama's gun control arguments. First of all, by selling guns to the cartels that the ATF could definitely trace back to the US (because they were bought from the ATF), the percentage of guns used in Mexican crimes traceable to American guns would increase. ATF supervisors rejoiced at their success
...when they found that these guns were being used for violence in Mexico.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:24 OBAMA BANNED THIS VIDEO - GEE, I WONDER WHY!.flvby Lea11011's channelFeatured 7,778,524
- 2:20 How ASL Deafies treat the Hearing Impairedby discpad 4,885 views
- 1:43 Epic Parenting Fail at Laundromat - IN OUR OLD BUILDING IN CAMDEN NJ!by discpad 2,439 views
- 2:44 Napolitano Aware of Fast and Furious in 2009by MidNightRider2001 11,631 views
- 2:05 Sadler's 2003 Talladega flip (NASCAR)by discpad 152,964 views
- 3:04 -BARACK OBAMA'S KENYAN BIRTH CERTIFICATEby NancyRedStar 16,030 views
- 8:07 Issa Grills Obama Homeland Security's Napolitano on Fast and Furiousby oversightandreform 9,121 views
- 21:49 The American People WAKE UP after Congressional Records prove Obama NOT to be a US Citizen.by lmmortalDyad 13,627 views
- 5:50 Obama Briefed Calderon on Fast and Furious?by MidNightRider2001 5,215 views
- 2:06 Rep. Allen West Calls for Eric Holder's Removal Over 'Fast and Furious'by StandWithAZ 30,596 views
- 1:13 Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Outby pigloverAllah 901,027 views
- 5:16 Obama's MANY Gaffes #1by ensignbay 124,590 views
- 1:10 Eric Holder Lied to Congress on Fast and Furiousby MidNightRider2001 6,888 views
- 5:17 McCain Grills Napolitano, Mueller On Fast And Furiousby CNSNews 1,087 views
- 2:51 Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania II - Hero of the Stupidby HMSFox 119,126 views
- 9:53 SHOCKING Obama words: bombshell anti-white audio uncovered!by DKdeepThroat 1,346,554 views
- 8:53 President-Elect Barack Obama on Meet The Press with Tom Brokawby WWYSTTP 36,290 views
- 3:13 Deadly Fast & Furious: Obama Administration Not Holding Anyone Accountableby oversightandreform 2,210 views
- 6:12 Jay Leno's talks about his 1076hp '66 Oldsmobile Toronado and Ferrari 599 Accelerateby kaerfirarref 357,258 views
- 1:52 Supreme Court Strikes Down Chicago Gun Banby GreatPitchMedia 3,144 views
- Loading more suggestions...