How to Clean Hardwood Floors
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 27, 2011
Subscribe for a Cleaner Life: http://vid.io/xPh
Visit our Blog for Detailed Instructions: http://vid.io/xQP
Check out cleanmyspace.com/clean-your-hardwood-flo
In this video, cleaning expert, Melissa Maker, discusses different types of hardwood flooring and share my favorite method for cleaning hardwood floors with all of y'all.
I also demonstrate mopping techniques for effective floor mopping. Cleaning hardwood floors is really important if you want them to last you a lifetime and look great! Thanks for watching!
Richard asked: How do I clean and maintain my hardwood floors?
There are many different types of hardwood floors:
1) Polyurethane coating makes the floors look clean and shiny
2) Hardwood finished wood has a waxy or oily coating which repels water or liquid
3) Unfinished hardwood CANNOT be mopped since it will damage the floors
To test if you can mop your floors, drop a few drops of water in a discreet area and if it beads, you have a floor coating.
What you need-
1) Hardwood floors
3) Dishwashing liquid
4) Wringer bucket
5) Microfiber twist mop
6) Microfiber cloth
7) Rubbing alcohol
8) Warm water
Put half a pinky nail's worth of dishwashing liquid into a wringer bucket. Dishwashing liquid is a neutral cleaner and will help to remove dirt well without leaving a residue. Add a cap full of vinegar and fill with hot water. Vinegar is a mild disinfectant and will help to cut grease without leaving streaks. Soak the mop head in the bucket for a few minutes to soften. The mop has to be almost dry before mopping hardwood floor. When you mop, clean in an S-shaped pattern. This ensures you get all areas of the floor cleaned. Keep your bucket around you and try not to step into areas you've already cleaned. To be extra diligent, you can take a microfiber cloth and do a quick wipe down so no water is left behind.
Best practices are to sweep and vacuum once or twice a week and mop once every one or two weeks.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:58 Clean A Bathroom: The Best Bathroom Cleaning Tutorial!by Clean My Space Featured 134,079
- 5:31 How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliancesby Clean My Space98,514 views
- 8:09 Remove Pet Hair Off Furniture, Clothing and Linens!by Clean My Space40,239 views
- 4:59 Clean Your Glass Stovetop!by Clean My Space46,487 views
- 5:08 How to Clean a Flat Screen TV - LCD or Plasmaby Clean My Space83,414 views
- 5:28 Quick & Easy Shower Cleaning Routine! How-to Clean A Showerby Clean My Space54,937 views
- 4:37 How to Clean Groutby Clean My Space462,048 views
- 25 videos Play all Cleaning Floorsby eHow
- 4:26 Baking Soda is Awesome for Cleaning!by Clean My Space108,155 views
- 3:36 How to Get Rid of Fruit Fliesby Clean My Space69,399 views
- 7:50 Clean Your Room - The Best Room Cleaning Tutorial!by Clean My Space312,324 views
- 8:00 Wood Floor Restore - The all in one DIY kit to restore your floorby Woodfloorrestore249,110 views
- 5:23 How to Clean Wax Spillsby Clean My Space19,028 views
- 11:59 Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood Flooringby Floors To Your Home (.com)54,112 views
- 14:21 Most Organized Home in America - HGTV Clean Freaks & Professional Organizer Alejandra Costelloby How to Organize with Alejandra's Home Organization Tips1,622,179 views
- 6:25 The Schticky Review!by Clean My Space153,780 views
- 5:53 How to clean a stainless steel sinkby mommymilestones51,867 views
- 5:03 How to Clean Laminate Flooring, Remove streak/smear marksby KristyU217898,101 views
- 1:06 Hardwood Floors - Cleaning with Rubbing Alcoholby Clean My Space20,767 views
- 5:26 5 Homemade Cleaners! DIY Cleaning Products!by Clean My Space83,053 views