How To Decorate Easter Eggs
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 19, 2008
Watch more Easter Eggs & Other Easter Crafts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/109-Eas...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Color and decorate Easter eggs that will have everyone oohing and aahing.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Hard-boil the eggs
Put eggs in a saucepan, add water until they're covered, and gently bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes. Remove from the heat completely and add very cold water to stop the cooking process.
Step 2: Cover up
Put newspapers over your table or workspace so you don't get dye on it, and change into something you won't mind getting stained. Decorating Easter eggs can get messy!
Step 3: Ready the dye
Fill some large paper cups halfway with hot water. Then add a teaspoon of vinegar and the dye tablets, which will dissolve. Don't have dye tablets? Add one teaspoon of food coloring into each cup of water and vinegar.
Try natural dyes. In a pan, arrange the eggs in a single layer and cover them with water. For red, add fresh beets; blue, canned blueberries; yellow, ground turmeric; green, fresh spinach. Bring to a boil, then simmer 15 minutes.
Step 4: Make your mark
Write or draw something on the egg with a white wax crayon before putting it into the cup. The wax resists the dye, so once the egg is colored, you'll clearly see what you wrote.
Step 5: Add stripes
Put electrical tape around the egg, or simply put a rubber band—or several—around it before placing in the cups. When it's dyed, remove the tape or rubber bands and you'll have fun stripes!
Step 6: Make patterns
Add some stickers or brush some rubber cement onto the egg before you place it in the dye. When you remove the egg, simply peel off the stickers or hardened rubber cement and you'll get interesting, creative patterns.
Step 7: Dye it
Place an egg into each cup. Leave it in for five to 20 minutes or as long as it takes to achieve your desired look. The longer it soaks, the darker it will be.
Add a teaspoon or so of vegetable oil into some of the cups of dye. The oil prevents the dye from sticking to certain spots on the egg, so when you remove it you get interesting designs and patterns.
Step 8: Remove
Using an egg dipper, slotted spoon, or tongs, take the eggs out of the cups and place them in an empty egg carton to dry.
Step 9: Enjoy
Hide your eggs for an egg hunt, put them in baskets, or simply peel your new creations and enjoy!
Did You Know?
Dyeing Easter eggs started as a pagan ritual symbolizing fertility.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:42 How to Marble Easter Eggsby HowcastFeatured 67,068
- 2:09 How To Make an Easter Basketby Howcast 35,405 views
- 1:29 How To Make Patriotic Popsiclesby Howcast 71,878 views
- 2:49 How To Arrange an Easter Egg Huntby Howcast 84,915 views
- 9:31 2 Como Pintar Huevos de Pascua *How to Paint Eggs* Como Decorar Huevos Pintura Facil Para Tiby PinturaFacil 146,228 views
- 58 videos Play all великден-easter-ostern-пасхаby albenapavlova8
- 8:46 Betty Colors Easter Eggs with Grandson, Carter, and Daughter, Chelsea--NO RECIPE--by bettyskitchen 597,017 views
- Easter egg 31,570 videos25
- 7:05 Painting Easter eggs with Twinkling H2O's Marah Johnson styleby marah johnson 41,842 views
- 47:55 Learn How to Dye & Color Easter Eggs - Decorate Ukrainian Pysanky Pysanka for the Beginner - Egg Artby Lorrie Popow 96,392 views
- 4:38 DIY Egg Decoratingby wluk 112,501 views
- 9:12 Coloring Easter Eggs with Peeps!by BlackLabLover9 11,167,958 views
- 1:43 How to Decorate All-Natural Easter Eggs : Ideas for Decorating All-Natural Easter Eggsby expertvillage 120,668 views
- 3:57 Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs (A Curbly Video Podcast).by CurblyVideos 756,005 views
- 6:09 DIY Easter Egg Decorationsby HeyKayli 125,817 views
- 3:55 Classic Red and Gold Easter Eggby AlyxMazY 257,900 views
- 3:48 Egg Decorating: Inspired by "Falling" by John Fruscianteby JasMatic 39,850 views
- 1:47 Easter Eggs - Ukrainian Styleby detroitfreepress 75,787 views
- 4:57 Stamped, Decoupaged Easter Eggsby heroarts 29,639 views
- 4:28 How To Decorate Easter Eggsby quincymomof3 7,771 views
- 2:33 Decorating Tie Dyed Easter Eggsby MonkeySee 12,472 views
- 4:27 How to make decorative easter eggsby Paul Brook 29,862 views
- Loading more suggestions...