Hilarious Moment PassengersSing R KELLY song | Allegiant Airlines Passengers (VIDEO)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 11, 2013
Passengers on plane sing R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly | Allegiant Airlines Passengers (VIDEO) Allegiant Airlines Passengers Sing R. Kelly's 'I Believe I Can Fly' After Spending Hours On Tarmac (VIDEO) Moment delirious plane passengers broke into song after being stuck on tarmac for three hours with NO water or AC in 110F heat.
Passengers aboard Allegiant Airlines flight 592 from Las Vegas to Phoenix vented their anger in a surprisingly healthy manner Sunday after having spent several hours on the tarmac with no air conditioning: They turned to music -- specifically, R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly."
According to a YouTube description by user "joeypancakes," the journey involved about five hours on the tarmac in two separate planes. Additionally, they had "no snacks, no water, no A/C ... Two people passed out, two vomited."
"To avoid a mutiny," the description continues, "the passengers banded together in song."
In a video of the event, one passenger starts to play "I Believe I Can Fly" on a portable stereo. He holds the device above his head as others laugh and applaud. Travelers toward the rear of the plane put their hands up, waving them side to side along with the beat. At the chorus, quite a few exhausted passengers join in a singalong, belting out the song's signature lyrics:
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky. I think about it every night and day -- spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar, I see me running through that open door. I believe I can fly.
Reached for comment by Phoenix's Fox10, passenger Francine Gutierrez described a stressful scene, particularly given Sunday's high temperature of 108 degrees.
"One of the passengers started getting a bloody nose from the heat so she rushed to the bathroom. Followed by her was another passenger that was starting to vomit," Gutierrez said. "A third passenger passed out in the middle of the aisle. Everyone was kind of frantic."
In a phone conversation with The Huffington Post, Allegiant Airlines spokesman Brian Davis explained a medical issue aboard the flight forced passengers to change aircraft, leading to the initial delay. Once they boarded a new jet and pushed back from the gate, a mechanical issue prevented the flight from taking off, causing a second delay. As the plane was no longer relying on power from the ground at that point, the air conditioner could not be turned on.
In total, said Davis, the flight was delayed about four hours. He added that passengers on the flight have been given a $100 credit toward future travel on the airline and that Allegiant's first priority is "the safety of their passengers."
We're guessing it was an air traffic controller -- not R. Kelly -- who finally cleared the jet for takeoff; either way, the patient passengers did eventually "touch the sky."
Moment delirious plane passengers broke into song after being stuck on tarmac for three hours with NO water or AC in 110F heat
After three hours stranded on two different planes, passengers on board a beleaguered Allegiant Air flight could have been forgiven for grumbling - but instead some chose to lose themselves in song.
The flight was grounded on the runway in Las Vegas on Sunday for a total of four hours. Several travelers reported that a woman passed out in the aisle while two others had medical problems.
Despite the uncomfortable conditions, passengers tried to keep spirits up - with one man blasting R Kelly's song I Believe I Can Fly from a portable music player while others laughed, sang along and waved their hands in the air.
The irony of the track, which opens with the lyrics - 'I used to think that I could not go on;
And life was nothing but an awful song' - was not lost on weary passengers many of whom burst into fits of giggles and filmed the moment on their phones.
However it was not all light-hearted singalongs. Passenger Francine Gutierrez told Fox: 'One of the passengers started getting a bloody nose from the heat so she rushed to the bathroom. Followed by her was another passenger that was starting to vomit.
'A third passenger passed out in the middle of the aisle. Everyone was kind of frantic.'
The Las Vegas to Phoenix flight was scheduled to leave at 11am on Sunday with 121 passengers on board.
The MD-80 plane had a technical issue followed by a passenger with a medical issue, causing the plane to be grounded for 80 minutes according to an Allegiance spokesman.
Communications director Bryan Davis told MailOnline on Monday that the AC on the aircraft is connected to the engines making it extremely difficult to cool the plane while temperatures soared to 110F on the tarmac.
However he did say that airline crew had passed out water to passengers.
After spending an hour in the airport terminal, passengers were put on a second plane which was further delayed by technical issues.
Mr Davis said that passengers had received complimentary drinks on the plane and a $100 credit for future travel.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:18 Phenomenal Engine Sound!!! Powerful HD 757 Takeoff From Atlanta!!!by mah584jr Featured 5,430
- 20:01 Delta 757-200 [N519US] Pushback | Taxi | Takeoff from Denverby Atlanta Aviation1,234 views
- 5:05 Trapped in the Closet chapter 2& 3 sing along NYCC 2012by Sal Lagattuta682 views
- 0:17 Officers Use Force Removing Passenger from Allegiant Airways Flight 106 Orlando Sept. 2010by chronickgb1149,858 views
- 5:09 Takeoff from Dubai to Houston on Emirates Flight EK 211 on 777-200LRby malankaraorthodox714,020 views
- 4:11 R KELLY PUTS TREY SONGS IN HIS PLACEby ROOFTOPCONNIE238,326 views
- 7:14 Malaki Paul's Audition (Listen - Beyoncé)by I Lexx I162,334 views
- 6:00 Best Marriage Proposal || Plane, Field, Pianoby JLew2KX92,843 views
- 2:44 Great/ Funny Piolt on allegiant airlines MD-83 just before pushbackby UNITEDAMERICAN FLYER5,659 views
- 6:05 Intense Sound! Allegiant Air Mcdonnell Douglas MD-83 Stunning Takeoff Asheville Regional Airportby hockeyman11192,939 views
- 1:22 R. Kelly "Trapped in the Closet" Singalongby brandonmbrooks421 views
- 8:22 AWESOME, AMAZING and ROMANTIC Singing Proposal at a Wedding Ceremonyby samuelanthony112510,185 views
- 3:00 HD *Must Watch* Allegiant Air MD-83 Start up. Taxi, and Takeoff from Monterey Regional Airportby boeing09876654321 .5,409 views
- 5:02 Allegiant Air MD-83 Taking Off Vegas HDby OverJump22,613 views
- 3:01 Allegiant Airlines passengers stuck on tarmac with no water or A/Cby NewWatchingStation279 views
- 2:07 Heathrow Airport Fire: Plane Engine Catches Fire And Lands Safelyby LondonDaily!!!2,192 views
- 3:18 Takeoff from Honolulu to Las Vegas Allegiant 757by Daren Tyczynski2,619 views
- 2:19 Delta Airlines MD-88 [N932DL] Cruising Altitude 41,000ft over Lake Michiganby Jonah R1,451 views
- 2:51 (Crying) R Kelly Sings ' I Look To You' @ Whitney Houston Funeral (Tribute Songs )by videomessage777215,662 views
- 1:36 Passengers on plane sing R Kelly's I Believe I Can Fly | Allegiant Airlines Passengers (VIDEO)by NewWatchingStation23,109 views
- Loading more suggestions...