Turret Sabotage 1:40.60 - Update 1 (Current World Record) - Bananasaurus Rex
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 23, 2012
In addition to the world record time for this chamber, I also claim the world record for the world's sloppiest world record.
Here's why this chamber is so ridiculous. First, you need to get a clean run for the first bit and make it to the turrets by around 32 seconds. Next, you need to get extremely lucky and get 2 black turrets within the first 3 turrets, first 4 at the very most (and that's pushing it). Ideally, you want the first two to be black. If you don't get lucky, you start over. After you get 2 black turrets you have to push them to the corner and hope they don't explode. Here's the fun part. The glitch that takes me several tries to do is almost entirely random. There is almost nothing you can do to make it work more often. It works very rarely, and on top of the luck you needed to even get the damn turrets in the first place, it starts adding up. Now you know why even though it took me several tries to get it to work, it was still the world record time. Doing this glitch skips the entire room with Wheatley, saving a ton of time. It's worth it even if it takes this long. After you finally luck out and get the glitch, there's a pretty tricky jump right away, and then you have to not mess up the rest of the chamber too much. I managed to get an acceptable run and take the world record.
This took several hours of combined effort, because the chamber is almost entirely based on luck.
This run was extremely sloppy, but in the end, I managed to get the record by 3.3 seconds. I don't think a baby (the guy I had to take the record from) wants to do this chamber anymore, so I think this run should be good enough to hold onto the record. I am doubtful that anyone else will put themselves through the torture that is this route.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Single Player Challenges
- 5:00 Nooch M Portal 2 Chapter 2 Speedrun CONSOLE (4:58)by Nooch Featured 21,318
- 10:14 Minecraft: Herp Derping w/Mitch Ep. 1 - The Grandeur Of My Failuresby TheBajanCanadian16,828 views
- 0:43 A Cool Portal 2 Trick + Podcast!by Nooch9,353 views
- 12:33 Portal 2 Final Boss Fight , Ending, Song, And Bonus Ending (HD)by OpTicNiko1,091,802 views
- 1:56 Turret Sabotage 1:51.05 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation3,238 views
- 3:29 Portal 2 Co-op Course 5 World Record Solo Speed Run 2:28 (Pre-DLC)by Portal2Cooperation15,847 views
- 1:11 Neurotoxin Sabotage 1:07.56 (Tied For Current World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation7,538 views
- 20:36 Let's Play Mari0 With Geoff, Gavin, Michael, & Ryanby Rooster Teeth2,839,455 views
- 5:28 All 3 levels of the Impossible Game Beaten.by xIMunchyIx2,508,295 views
- 7:08 Minecraft | ENHANCED PORTALS! (Creeper Portal!) | Mod Showcase [1.5.1]by TheDiamondMinecart1,150,350 views
- 0:28 Repulsion Polarity 23.15s - Update 1 (Current World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation5,509 views
- 11:21 Left 4 Dead 2 - Portal 2 Easter Eggby MasterOfAudioSurf3,438,457 views
- 1:18 Turret Factory 1:11.69 - Update 1 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation4,442 views
- 1:17 Finale2 1:09.28 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation10,024 views
- 15:07 DemonStrate - Portal Done Pro - Speedrun - 9:25.567by Michael Yanni1,476,759 views
- 1:21 Turret Factory 1:15.89 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation2,170 views
- 0:29 Laser Over Goo 24.85s - Update 1 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation5,828 views
- 11:59 Game Theory: Portal's Companion Cube has a Dark Secretby The Game Theorists1,764,389 views
- 1:16 Underground 1:13.40 (Former World Record) - Bananasaurus Rexby Portal2Cooperation5,372 views