RNC Shuns Ron Paul, Supporters Root For Romney Defeat
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 26, 2012
"I want to make sure that when the Republican Party loses, terribly to, in my opinion, the worst president in history, I want [them to know] it's because they systematically shut out the most intelligent, most youthful and active voting bloc in American history," said Ron Paul voter Mike Timoney.
Timoney's statement accurately reflected the mood at PAULfest, a celebration held by Congressman Ron Paul's supporters at the Tampa Fairgrounds on the weekend before the 2012 Republican National Convention. With controversy surrounding the seating of GOP delegates in several state conventions, many who caucused for Paul feel disenfranchised by the actions of the GOP and vow to turn against the party this election.
While certain attendees went so far as to call Mitt Romney a "monster," most of Paul's youthful supporters exhibited more frustration and disappointment than anger.
"[The GOP] made it clear yesterday that they see us more as a nuisance than as potential allies," said John Jones, one of 10 Ron Paul-supporting Maine delegates that the RNC stripped of their delegate status on Friday.
Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson was a headlining speaker at the event, which was in part sponsored by the Libertarian Party.
"The frustration, I think, can get focused in a way that can impact this election," said Johnson. "And that would be, voting for me."
Many Paul supporters at the event expressed support for Johnson's campaign, and even those who didn't vowed not to vote for Romney.
"There's no way I could support someone like him," said Kenosha Fisch, an Oklahoma delegate who lost her seat in a bitter power struggle.
About 3:45 minutes.
Produced by Zach Weissmueller and Tracy Oppenheimer.
Go to http://reason.com/reasontv for downloadable versions and subscribe to ReasonTV's YouTube Channel to receive notifications when new material goes live.
Standard YouTube License
- 13:11 Ron Paul delegates disqualified from the RNCby RT America Featured 19,117
- 40:50 Ron Paul's Greatest Interview: Gold, Silver, Freedom, Free Markets, & Sound Money - Mike Maloneyby whygoldandsilver337,137 views
- 14:09 HOW RON PAUL MAY HAVE WON IF ROMNEY WAS ARRESTED AND DISQUALIFIED OR POSSIBLY FLEW TO FRANCE...by RonPaulgirls31,352 views
- 9:29 Rep. Artur Davis RNC Full Speech 2012, Appeals To IndependentsTo Correct Mistake Of 2008by martysoffice71,089 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents83,764 views
- 26:03 How Ron Paul Was Cheated Out Of Presidencyby ThinkOutsideTheTV158,616 views
- 4:46 Ron Paul Supporter Owns RomneyRyan.com - Story Goes Viralby djgabrielpresents27,282 views
- 1:19:28 FULL UNEDITED Ron Paul Speech @ We Are the Future Rally - Tampa Sun Dome - Aug 26 2012by Ron Paul Flix152,170 views
- 2:21 Romney Fears Ron Paul Forces at GOP Convention; Wants to be Nominated Earlyby Conservative1001BG7,314 views
- 1:33 "SIX States Nominated The Champion Of The Constitution Congressman Ron Paul For POTUS"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M18,731 views
- 6:38 Judge Napolitano on the 2012 Election, Obamacare, and The Future of Libertyby ReasonTV48,653 views
- 12:14 Ron Paul's Greatest Debate Performance Ever (10-18-2011)by KramerDSP574,384 views
- 9:32 Ron Paul: Obamacare 'A Conspiracy Of Stupidity'by selfownership115,991 views
- 5:50 Ron Paul Finally Shuts Bill oReilly up Someone had to do itby Bashananal800,591 views
- 15:13 "They Say... If Ron Paul Were In Charge OBL Would Still Be Alive..." Ron Paul Speech Highlightsby MOXNEWSd0tC0M4,131 views
- 2:18 Ron Paul's Message to OBAMA!by NewsVideoNetwork2,652 views
- 11:16 RNC Sham 2012by CollectiveCheckup214,618 views
- 7:21 Ron Paul on CNBC ~ Gold & Silver Is Still Legal Tenderby RonPaulCC20122,382 views
- 4:26 Floor Fights and Ron Paul - Election 2012by The New York Times6,234 views
- 2:44 Ron Paul Festival Begins ~ FOX 13 Tampa Bayby RonPaulCC20122,460 views
- Loading more suggestions...