How To Travel The World On The Cheap | Graham Hughes (@EveryCountry)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 19, 2010
I am the ONLY person to travel to EVERY COUNTRY in the world WITHOUT FLYING. I did it alone, on a shoestring budget, it took four years and got thrown in jail a couple of times.
You can watch my madcap adventures here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pll8p...
In this video, I offer my expert advice on how to travel the world without breaking the bank.
When asked how can I afford to travel so much, I feel like retorting with: how can you afford your rent? To keep a dog? To have children? To smoke? When I travel, I have no rent to pay, no dog to feed, no kids to look after or cigarette companies to support, so 100% of the money I have can go on travel. Keeping to a budget of $15 a day is fairly easy if you're CouchSurfing (free), eating street food ($2 a meal) and travelling on the chicken bus ($10 per 100 miles). That's just $5500 a year -- less than a typical British cigarette smoker will spend on fags over the same period and much, much less than the rent on a squalid little flat in London or the cost of bringing up children.
"The toughest part of travel is deciding to go."
Travel isn't a question of being loaded, it's a question of priorities. Obviously if you want comfort and security, stay at home, work hard and maybe go on a cruise when you're 67 years old. If you're lucky enough to live that long. But if you want to see the world NOW, while you're young, rush headlong into the thrill and vigour of the unknown, wake up every day in a new place with new challenges and new friends, then the world is your dancefloor -- all you have to do is make the decision to GET OUT THERE and strut your funky stuff.
To read about my Guinness World Record Breaking journey EVERY COUNTRY in the world without flying visit htttp://www.theodysseyexpedition.com or you can watch the BBC documentary about my travels here: https://www.youtube.com/show/theodyss... (UK Only)
Filmed on location in Sorong, West Papua and various places on Planet Earth.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:13 Travel Tips: How to Turn Coach into First Classby soniastravels Featured 24,136
- Travel Channel 1,349 videos73K
- 7:50 THE ODYSSEY | Week 1 | Hey Ho, Let's Go! (Uruguay to Peru)by Graham Hughes259,563 views
- 5:09 Graham Hughes | BBC News Interview | Feb 2010by Graham Hughes10,661 views
- 4:00 THE ODYSSEY | Week 002 | Death Bus to Georgetown (Ecuador to Suriname)by Graham Hughes8,436 views
- 3:58 THE ODYSSEY | Week 000 | The Long Goodbye (London to Argentina)by Graham Hughes15,013 views
- 14:38 Michael Wigge - How to Travel the World for FREE - Episode 1 part 1by Michael Wigge8,711 views
- 8:59 Cost of Living in Thailand Food, Hotels, Apartments, Transportation & moreby JubrilAgoro194,346 views
- 8:33 25 Of The World's Cheapest Places To Liveby list25252,706 views
- 11:24 Top 10 lessons learned in travelling the world 10 yearsby Benny Lewis48,545 views
- 8:18 20 World most beautiful placesby keksinnot1,674,277 views
- 21:05 Learn to travel -- travel to learn: Robin Esrock at TEDxVancouverby TEDxTalks48,920 views
- 30:21 India Travel Guideby 601ProductionLTD46,402 views
- 1:14:06 Rick Steves' Lectures : Travel Skillsby Rick Steves119,154 views
- 35:11 1 Year in Asia Backpacking + Pictures (Advice from a Single Female Traveler)by TheThirdShift73,622 views
- 15:05 Graham Hughes Interview - Visiting Every Country In The World Without Flyingby Renaissance TV2,610 views
- 8:44 How to Get Paid to Travel Part 1/2by PerilloTravelTV24,353 views
- 6:09 25 Ways To Travel Cheap And See The Worldby list2578,749 views
- 14:19 Top 5 Skyrim Mods of the Week - Reaping the Whirlwindby gamespot1,600,715 views
- 3:44 Michael Wigge - How To Travel The World For Free - Trailerby Michael Wigge84,361 views