Western Moors - Peak District TV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 31, 2011
http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk and http://www.peakdistricttv.co.uk presents - The Western Moors - Peak District A Stunning New Video Is Launched Today - The Western Moors In The Peak District National Park
Peak District TV launch a brand new video proving they are yet again the masters in producing Peak District Imagery. A stunning part of the Peaks almost forgotten, but not for long as this video proves it's surely, a must see place to visit.
A tinkling harp accompanies a stunning sunrise, with layers of mist over a rugged landscape far, far away. And then we see the Western Moors of the Peak District National Park in their full glory and we know exactly where we want to be. We could be forgiven for imagining a Bronte hero traversing the heather clad undergrowth. The wild beauty of this rugged landscape a masterpiece of artistry, echoing the North York Moors but this is the Peak District for sure. Mist shrouded crags have all seasons promised in this spectacular seven minute show, as we soar over walls and climb hills to see the promise of hundreds of walks, future days out.
The weird and wonderful names and places that encompass the National Park such as Ax Edge Moor, Pannier's Pool at Three Shire's Head, where 3 counties meet as the name suggests. Lud's Church, an eerie green, moss covered canyon - all stuff of legends as we fly over the highest point of the Peaks, to village called Flash. Goyt Valley a spectacular tapestry of fields and moors , housing deep blue reservoirs, the clear waters running off the moors inviting a dip, on a warm Summer's day. Strange undulations in colossal crags introduces us to the Roaches, a stunning symmetry of dark and forbidding grit stone rendered gentle in the glow of the late afternoon, a climber's paradise. Ramshaw Rocks a baby in comparison but still a walker's challenge none the less. The Dales are lush and green and watching in your lunch hour surely makes us want to lace up your walking boots as we're transported there, our senses tantalised with the beauty of the place.
Thanks again Peak District TV -- there are so many places we haven't touched on yet in the Peak District and we can't wait to see more. Keep up the magic, because you've definitely cast us under your spell.
Standard YouTube License
- 58:27 Tales From The National Parks S01 E02 The Peak Districtby rickysvideos1,588 views
- 52:07 K2 : Climbing the World's Toughest Mountain (Full Documentary)by Learn About Everything124,435 views
- 19:40 Gripping Grit - Peak District July 2012by PowerPigtails409 views
- 3:55 Padley Gorge Videoby Peak District Online1,084 views
- 5:53 Ancient sites of the Peak Districtby Peak District Online2,558 views
- 3:00 Calver And Curbar Edgeby Peak District Online522 views
- 31:00 Peak District - Wild Camping - Kinder Scoutby Dean Read2,213 views
- 9:55 Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (Part 1 of 5)by theVavoom855 views
- 9:23 terrybndBLOGCAM - 'Moor moods', Peak District National Parkby Terry Abraham1,172 views
- 9:44 Peak District Bouldering 2011-2012by Lawson Beta Productions3,951 views
- 9:16 Summer In The Peaks 2013 (Peak District Bouldering)by Lawson Beta Productions553 views
- 53:24 Yosemite big wall climbby ogwyn793,119 views
- 4:52 Level 42 Dune Tune Live (Full Version)by Ryan Mannie41,753 views
- 3:12 Castleton - Peak District Videoby Peak District Online4,244 views
- 5:16 A Walk on the Wild Sideby Terry Abraham702 views
- 2:46:50 IFSC Climbing World Cup Toronto 2013 - Bouldering - Replay Finalsby International Federation of Sport Climbing49,162 views
- 6:10 Peak District Limestone Boulderingby Lawson Beta Productions513 views
- 3:46 Peak District Rock Climbing videoby LetsStayPeakDistrict2,609 views
- 10:01 Hiking England: Pennine Way - Part 1, Edale to Snake Passby Daniel Staniforth10,792 views
- 3:21 A Winter's Taleby Terry Abraham674 views
- Loading more suggestions...