Managing Change - keep it positive. E4A Profit Boot Camp Business Idea.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 12, 2011
Managing change probably the most important thing when it comes to periodically reinventing your business. In life, everything changes. Nothing is static.
Your business should emulate reality so it can easily adapt to it. It has to be constantly attuned to the ever changing needs and desires of your customers. It should also keep up with the new technological discoveries.
There are 5 things you need to get right if you want to successfully managing change in your business:
#1: Make sure you clearly communicate about what your business needs to do.
Clarity eliminates confusion. And without enough clarity, you can't really accomplish anything in life. This is because in order to achieve a goal, you should know how to describe it and
#2: Ensure that everybody knows why change needs to happen and make sure your reasons are compelling.
Managing change in your business can be done only with the help of your people. People should know why that change needs to happen. They should be energized and motivated to make it a reality.
#3: Get everyone involved on the process of managing change.
Divided leadership leads to divided groups in your organization. There should be only one centre of command. And the people in your organization should follow one direction. And everyone should be involved and encouraged to bring to the front their unique gifts and talents. Then your job is to synergize people that complete each other.
For example, don't put 2 energetic people together. They will go too far and lead each other astray with their dreams. Put 1 energetic person that dreams a lot with a low energy guy who is good at implementing things. They will balance each other and the result will be much greater than the sum of the parts. This means that they will do a better job together than alone.
#4: Help people break new habits and form new ones needed for managing change.
Create rewards for the people who install new habits into their schedule. Punish the people who keep doing the same old habits you think that do not add value to the business and to your customers.
#5: Celebrate success when it happens.
Celebrate success at least 1 time each week. You should celebrate success especially if things are going bad. Your employees are more prone to being pessimistic than you are. After all, that's one of the reasons why they are working for you. And when people are pessimistic, they lack energy. And when they lack energy they do a poor job and things get even worse. So you should switch their mindset from scarcity to abundance.
Managing change will be achieved with the steps above. Read them again and implement them in your business.
Go to http://www.profitbootcamp.co.uk for more ideas on how to grow your business.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:49 Mike Rayburn Keynotes for industry entertainment, inspiration and live musicby Mike RayburnFeatured 1,692
- 6:14 Overcoming Resistance to Change - Isn't It Obvious?by Theory of Constraints (TOC) 189,004 views
- 3:37 Organizational Change Managementby Wipro Videos 8,777 views
- 4:40 Managing Change In Your Businessby sam francis 513 views
- 3:24 Change is Good... You Go Firstby simpletruthstv 116,748 views
- 3:28 What is CHANGE MANAGEMENT? Training Videoby Gavin Wedell 107,838 views
- 10:01 Mike Rayburn - World's Funniest Guitar Virtuosoby Corporate Talent Discoveries 84,439 views
- 2:01 Where It All Beganby Keppler Speakers 2,522 views
- 31:09 Managing Changeby SEIvideo 18,010 views
- 5:56 Positive Leadershipby pjm1004 10,117 views
- 5:10 Thriving Tribes - change management speaker Graeme Cowanby Graeme Cowan 129 views
- 9:21 It's The Team Work That Makes The Dream Workby Bring2Help2 980 views
- 3:19 Story of an EAGLE - Survival Change Management | Inspirational | Personality Developmentby learnexmumbai 111,835 views
- 3:40 Organizational Change by Woody Allenby DianaSenichenko's channel 7,572 views
- 4:03 Overcoming resistance to change - isn't it obvious?by Fabio Luelmo 54,050 views
- 3:31 Managing Change in Business- The 4 Lies That Costby Quinson Thomas 258 views
- 5:03 Unstoppable - Motivational Videoby Mateusz M 10,320 views
- 3:45 The Workforce is Changing rapidly - How Will You Manage?by kronosukmarketing 66,080 views
- 59:50 1.Mai - Nachtstudio zum Thema "Zukunft der Arbeit" und das bedingungslose Grundeinkommenby Bedingungsloses Grundeinkommen 9,040 views
- 1:40 Change Managementby Keith Fiveson 28,627 views
- Loading more suggestions...