Jub Apranray vi Dushman tan Fir Kithay Jai Asi!!! Sikhs In India
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 14, 2011
Khalistan refers to a global political movement to create a separate Sikh state, called Khālistān (Punjabi: ਖ਼ਾਲਿਸਤਾਨ, "The Land of the Pure"), consisting of the Punjab region from parts of India and Pakistan, depending on definition.  Harking back to the 18th century Sikh Empire, the envisioned Sikh state would include all Punjabi-speaking areas in Greater Punjab.
The movement reached its zenith in 1970s and 1980s. Nowadays, it is widely seen as a smaller scale movement. There are claims of funding from other nations to attract young people into militant groups, who are looking to get an independent Sikh homeland through donations from foreign Sikh supporters.
In 1971, Khalistan proponent Jagjit Singh Chauhan, traveled to the United States. He placed an advertisement in The New York Times proclaiming the formation of Khalistan and was able to collect millions of dollars.
On April 12, 1980, he held a meeting with Indira Gandhi before declaring the formation of "National Council of Khalistan", at Anandpur Sahib. He declared himself to be the President and Balbir Singh Sandhu as its Secretary General. In May 1980, Jagjit Singh Chauhan travelled to London and announced the formation of Khalistan. A similar announcement was made by Balbir Singh Sandhu, in Amritsar, who released stamps and currency of Khalistan. The inaction of the authorities in Amritsar and elsewhere was decried by Akali Dal headed by Longowal as a political stunt by the Congress(I) party.
In the 1980s, some Khalistan proponents turned to militancy, resulting in Indian Army's counter-militancy operations. In one such operation, Operation Blue Star, the Indian Army forcibly entered the Harmandir Sahib (often called the Golden Temple). The handling of the operation, damage to the Akal Takht (which is one of the five seats of temporal physical religious authority of the Sikhs) and loss of life on both sides, led to widespread criticism of the Indian Government. Many Sikhs strongly maintain that the attack resulted in the desecration of the holiest Sikh shrine. Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi was assassinated by her two Sikh bodyguards, and many thousands of Sikhs were massacred in the following riots. In January 1986, the Golden Temple was occupied by militants belonging to All India Sikh Students Federation and Damdami Taksal. On January 26, 1986, the gathering passed a resolution (gurmattā) favouring the creation of Khalistan. Khalistan was envisaged by its proponents as a Sikh-majority state, which opponents argued would become a theocracy.
Under the Constitution of India, secessionism is forbidden, and various rebel groups in favour of Khalistan fought an insurgency against the government of India. Indian security forces suppressed the major secessionist insurgency in Punjab in the early 1990s, but several Indian Sikh political parties are still fighting for independent Khalistan through peaceful means inside India and international pro-Khalistan organizations such as Dal Khalsa (International) are still active outside India.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:01 Why SIKH Hate india?by DIVIDEINDIA1Featured 209,243
- 3:42 Open Challanges for so called Khalistan members and Khalistan leaders (latest)by SHRI HINDU TAKHAT 51,089 views
- 6:22 Tarlochan Singh on Indian Government's discrimination towards sikhs - http://tarlochansingh.comby tariksingh 27,561 views
- 3:03 Pakistan providing sanctuary to pro-Khalistani militantsby Sandeep Singh 772 views
- 12:14 True Sikh exposing fake ganja khalistani supporterby Sandeep Singh 647 views
- 4:31 SUKHBIR BADAL ON PUNJAB POLICE ASI KILLING AND SHRUTI KAND .wmvby punjabnews24 29,568 views
- 4:40 The Sikhs of Indiaby AsiaHarvest 2,215 views
- 4:06 Khalistan (Discussion in Pakistan)by Sukhdeep Singh 30,975 views
- 8:28 The Truth 1984 Operation Blue Star and Khalistan and Pakistanby neverforgt1984dotOrg 4,878 views
- 8:43 Tarlochan Singh on President address Budget session 2010-http://tarlochansingh.comby tariksingh 1,534 views
- 4:36 Jathedar Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana Ji In Court | 1st May 2013 | Khalistan Zindabadby dalkhalsa 4,636 views
- 13:54 Days before the 1984 Sikh Massacre (5 of 7) Golden Temple Harmander Sahib Amritsarby Hukam1 19,137 views
- 4:10 Talwar - New Official Khalistan punjabi Song 2013 .wmvby Brayan Singh 183,490 views
- 3:06 Sikhs beaten and humiliated in India after peaceful protest against BJP partyby jsgill89 43,361 views
- 4:21 Operation Koh e Sufaidby tanvircam 2,481 views
- 12:36 Amritsar: ASI ki hatya ke aarop mein akali neta girftaarby ibn7 1,996 views
- 37:30 Documentary - India Who Killed The Sikhsby NeverForget84dotcom 28,032 views
- 12:32 Outrage sweeps Punjab as Akali leader guns down police officerby abpnewstv 1,704 views
- 10:59 SANT GHUGGI IN CANADA WITH SANTJI LONGOWAL.January 26, 1986by MamtaBourBonDhody 70,356 views
- 5:58 orakzai agencyby orakzaichannel 3,778 views
- Loading more suggestions...