15 Kid Welfare Mom: "Somebody Owes Me"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 27, 2010
TAMPA - The din of a room at the Economy Inn on East Busch Boulevard is nearly deafening at times.
Twelve children ranging from teenagers to toddlers to infants are here, scrambling across the floor, bouncing on beds. With eyes filled with resignation, they are hungry and dirty and they wear the same clothes they wore the day before and the day before that.
Mom is asking for help, saying she is homeless and hopeless. A relative paid for the hotel room for a week, and after that, who knows. Her fiancé is in prison. Her 1-year-old is named John The Baptist Brown.
Angel Adams is indignant when asked about her situation, saying somebody owes her. The lifelong Tampa resident says she wants justice from the Hillsborough County sheriff's child protection team that took her kids away from her two years ago and from Hillsborough Kids Inc., which got her kids back six months ago.
"What do I do?" she says. "I have no answers. My family has been railroaded. Someone needs to pay.
"Nobody's helping me."
Inside the dingy motel, Adams hands out a list of her children and their ages. Across the top: "Three fathers. One Mother. Fifteen Children."
Food is donated. They get Cuban sandwiches and packaged noodles. There's a microwave and mini refrigerator. No stove. One sink, one toilet, one shower. Everyone's barefoot, walking on a dirty, stained green carpet.
The dull smell of dirty diapers fills the room. Jerome, 11, gives Andrew, 6 months, a bottle. "This is not comfortable," Jerome says.
The baby coughs and spits up.
"The girls sleep on one bed," Adams says. "The boys sleep on the other. I just crash on the floor."
The 12 kids are the youngest of 15 altogether, she says. Three have "aged out," meaning they have turned 18 and are on their own, no longer a part of the child welfare system.
"I can have as many as I want to," she says. All her kids, she adds, "are gifts from God."
The 37-year-old mother doesn't work. "This is my work," she says gesturing toward the throng of children. "I do this all by myself."
She says she has needs and she wants Hillsborough Kids to take care of that.
"I need a house," she says, "a big enough home to be comfortable. The kids are scared. I'm scared."
Standard YouTube License
- 3:28 US citizens continue to live in welfare quagmireby RT Featured 14,112
- 10:30 I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GOTTA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!!by NightwingBMV13,692,355 views
- 5:09 Entitlement Mentality Gone Wildby blacksvsniggers291,620 views
- 10:10 Re: I Got 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddys-SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDS!!!by lovelyti200269,588 views
- 1:41 Welfare Queen: "This Is What The Taxpayers Are Paying For"by TheWorldNewsTube148,319 views
- 8:23 Re: I got 15 kids and someone's gonna pay for meby laydeelockz15179,217 views
- 7:07 Judge Judy - Problem With African Americans Not Getting Enough in Taxes - 2013by Tyshawn Pattersen100,567 views
- 9:55 Idiots who voted for Obamaby fupackers3,277,386 views
- 58 videos Play all Blacksby downrange6
- 1:10:30 The Coming Termination Of The Church Age - YouTube.flvby Rondi010161,485 views
- 5:17 Entitlement Mentality Gone Wild Pt. 2 (Must Be The Shoes)by blacksvsniggers23,716 views
- 3:20 Most ANNOYING and ignorant women to appear on Dr. Phil Showby Brajonnz758,719 views
- 6:33 Judge joe brown getting cursed out!by veronaboy6621,809,381 views
- 14:42 I've got 15 KIDS AND THREE BABY DADDY'S-SOMEONE'S GONNA PAY FOR ME & MY KIDSby k55world30,102 views
- 7:38 OG nigga gets a judge Joe Brownby MrMisterEpic827,420 views
- 38:10 DEFCON 19: Safe to Armed in Seconds: A Study of Epic Fails of Popular Gun Safesby Christiaan008168,263 views
- 1:57 Poster child for liberal americaby Jeremy Sherman224,639 views
- 12:13 65 Outrageous Lies by President Obamaby EastCountyUndergroun348,151 views
- 3:32 Food stamp and welfare drug testingby redstreet1000114,233 views
- 2:22 Detroit: Entire Neighborhood Abandoned. White Lady Remains.by DetroitIsCrust294,850 views