2013 BMW M550d xDrive Coupe - Driving Scenes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2012
The BMW 6 Series Coupe with xDrive and six-cylinder in-line diesel engine.
Munich. BMW is set to add another variant of the Coupe and Convertible to the BMW 6 Series line-up with the arrival of the BMW 640d xDrive Coupe and Convertible in spring 2012. Intelligent all-wheel drive -- making its debut in the BMW 6 Series -- teams up with a six-cylinder in-line diesel engine featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo technology to take driving pleasure to another new level. The combination of a diesel engine and BMW xDrive all-wheel drive, which will also be found in the BMW 640d xDrive Convertible, gives the BMW 6 Series a spread of abilities none of its rivals can match.
The new BMW 640d xDrive Coupe accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 5.2 seconds. The 230 kW/313 hp diesel powerplant uses
BMW TwinPower Turbo technology to ensure outstanding efficiency, and joins forces with the standard-fitted eight-speed Sports automatic gearbox to deliver exceptionally low fuel consumption and emissions. The xDrive system distributes the power generated by the engine precisely between the front and rear wheels as the situation demands. Pulling the strings behind the scenes is an electronic control unit which links xDrive up with the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) system to ensure unbeatable traction, maximum safety, top-class handling and optimum power development in all weather and road conditions. The average fuel consumption of the BMW 640d xDrive Coupe stands at 5.7 -- 5.8 litres per
100 kilometres / 48.7 -- 49.6 mpg imp (in the EU test cycle, depending on the tyre format), while CO2 emissions are 149 -- 153 grams per kilometre.
Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology in the BMW 6 Series.
The instantaneous responses and pulling power of the diesel unit fitted in the BMW 6 Series enable it to do everything required of an engine fitted in a car with a sharp sporting focus. The output characteristics, acoustic profile, low vibrations and efficiency of the six-cylinder unit offer clear evidence of BMW's expertise in the development of diesel engines.
Rewinding a generation, the introduction -- for the first time -- of a diesel variant into the previous BMW 6 Series likewise lent an extra dimension to the range. The new BMW 6 Series adds further lustre to the alluring profile of the exclusive and sporty, yet also economical, premium-class Coupe by taking performance and efficiency to new heights and, for the first time, offering the additional benefits of xDrive.
The latest generation of the most powerful diesel engine boasts displacement of 3.0 litres, a low-weight all-aluminium crankcase and the latest development of BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. This package of technology comprises multi-stage turbocharging and common-rail direct injection whose piezo injectors work with maximum pressure of 2,000 bar. The car's two-stage turbocharging generates instantaneous and forceful power delivery, while the injection system sprays the fuel into the cylinders in precisely measured quantities to ensure clean and efficient combustion.
Two-stage turbocharging with optimised efficiency.
The latest multi-stage turbocharging technology responds more precisely than ever to the demands of different driving situations. At low revs a smaller turbocharger is activated, its low moment of inertia allowing it to go to work extremely rapidly. The compressed air from this small charger is sent directly to the combustion chambers via a bypass line. As the air no longer flows through the large charger, loss-free development of charge pressure is assured. Only when the driver asks for more power do the electronics prompt the bypass unit to bring the larger turbo into play. Added to which, variable turbine geometry for the smaller of the two turbos optimises the effectiveness of the turbocharging system in responding to the power requirement at any one time.
The result is an ultra-fast response to every movement of the accelerator. The engine delivers its peak torque of 630 Newton metres (465 lb-ft) as low down as1,500 -- 2,500 rpm, with maximum output generated at 4,400 rpm. Powerful acceleration from a standstill and dynamic mid-range sprints are therefore dispatched with equal ease. The eight-speed Sports automatic gearbox is tuned precisely to the performance characteristics of the engine, and so allows the driver to exploit its impressive torque -- maintained across a high rev band -- to the full, for a sporty yet smooth driving experience. By contrast, in ECO PRO mode (likewise standard) the power reserves of the sporty diesel engine play a prominent role in ensuring a relaxed and extremely efficient driving style at low engine speeds.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:34 BMW xDrive Technology Explainedby Roual Cousley35,460 views
- 4:03 2013 BMW M550d xDrive - Engineby SupercarHall3,179 views
- 10:40 BMW M550d X Drive Road Test - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE782,611 views
- 2:45 2013 BMW M550d xDrive Coupe - Design Interiorby SupercarHall5,563 views
- 8:16 2013 Scion FR-S vs. 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Comparisonby AutoGuide.com471,597 views
- 5:51 ► BMW X6 and X5 - Testing snow (2009)by YouCar1,002,272 views
- 8:29 Test BMW M550d xDriveby drivingfundotcom16,057 views
- 4:49 Xdrive vs Quattro vs 4maticby redgang2556,160 views
- 7:00 BMW xDrive 智慧型可變四輪傳動系統by LienderNick67,110 views
- 2:36 BMW M550d Testby IvanJensendk286,432 views
- 6:40 2012 BMW 650i Coupe Test Drive Reviewby EndrasBMW22,030 views
- 6:18 2013 BMW M550d (381hp) - DRIVE & SOUND (1080p FULL HD)by Automann-TV94,874 views
- 5:14 Quattro vs Xdrive (Answer to BMW video)by 21534741,177,291 views
- 31:33 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Reviewby Saabkyle04401,402 views
- 8:28 Ariel Atom V8 vs 600bhp rallycross Citroen DS3 vs BMW HP4 superbike drag race - autocar.co.ukby Autocar1,678,962 views
- 13:14 2012 BMW M5 vs Nissan GT-R: Driven & Drifted - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE1,328,751 views
- 2:46 2013 BMW M550d xDrive Clipby SupercarHall4,965 views
- 2:58 ► 2013 BMW M550d xDrive - DESIGNby YouCar3,354 views
- 10:42 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe: The Best M Money Can Buy? Ignition Ep. 72by MotorTrend408,561 views
- 1:57 2013 BMW M550d - ENGINE [M Performance]by YouCar18,002 views
- Loading more suggestions...