The Bible cannot be grasped with man's "Logic"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 15, 2008
Written May 14, 2008
"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ." -2Cor 11:3
Is the Bible logical?
There are too many "illogical" events that take place in the bible to make the statement, "The Bible is Logical" true. therefore the statement, "The Bible is illogical" is the better choice.
Was it logical for Abraham's wife Sarah to be with child at 90 years old? What did Sarah do? She used logic and actually laughed at the promises of God."Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh." Gen 18:15
Was it "logical" for walls to fall down when the children of Israel marched around Jericho seven times shouting and blowing rams horns? need I go through all the many miracles of the Bible?
In the instance of "logic" meaning "reasoning" this is what's done when we preach the gospel to lost sinners. BUT, we must be speaking under the unction of the Holy Spirit for it to open up the listener's mind. It's not LOGIC but Holy Spirit. Let's be clear here.
Is it "logic" that motivates you to take heed to God when he states in Proverbs that unless we "turn at his reproof" he will "laugh at" our calamity and "mock" when our "fear cometh" When our"fear cometh as desolation," and our "destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you"? Or is plain simply the revelation God has given us that he will surely stuff our souls into hell if we refuse Him. The Fear of God which is Wisdom (not "logic") The Fear of the Lord is knowledge. Proverbs 1:23-33
Any reference to "logic" that I have ever heard, let's say, from a Calvinist would most certainly mean "man's wisdom" or "worldly wisdom" but what does God say about "man's wisdom" and-or "the wisdom of the world"
1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1Cor 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
I can testify that surely "logic" did not convince me of the reality of God. It for sure was simply a broken heart crying out to God and God revealing Himself to me, that poor wretched creature I was.
"Logic" had nothing to do with it. Thank God we don't need "logic" which God calls "foolishness"
"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness." 1 Cor 3:19
Logic = Spiritual Deadness
Let's face it. The bible just isn't logical. Is it logical for God to come down from heaven and suffer the death he did for dirty filthy sinners? Sinners who will reject God and choose eternal death rather than eternal glory?
Is it logical to believe Christ raised from the dead and ascended into heaven in front of 500 witnesses? is it logical to believe Christ can abide within us with God the father by the Holy Spirit?
Or how about the Old Testament. Was Noah's ark logic? Could we grasp the reality of Noah with logic? Or is it a supernatural faith?
I remember right after God revealed His Word to me as 100% truth and being God, the Creator's Holy Eternal Word and i began reading about Noah and the Ark. My mind didn't believe it but my newly born again spirit did. I'll never forget. i actually felt the difference, almost physically, the difference between Logic and Faith.
Is "logic" natural? Or is it a gift of God? If it's natural it certainly isn't anything to boast of. If it is a gift of God it isn't anything to boast of.
1 Corinthians 4:7 "For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"
I think trying to win an unbeliever with "logic" is an utter failure because the Bible is supernatural and supernatural is "illogical"
I once saw a Calvinist. he was a self professed "Teaching Elder" at the Geneva Dutch Calvinist church. The Church doesn't exist but regardless the man went about making videos attacking peoples theological doctrines and making big challenges and so forth.
Well, one time he made a video challenging an athiest regarding logic. He stated it was illogical for the athiest to do a video about athiesm while wearing a Jesuit University sweatshirt. Well, so much for logic.I can state quite verily that this sort of logic is incredibly undesirable. Is that how a "Christian" man thought he could win an athiest?
I thank God that even when Christiandom is flooded with such characters as this "Calvinist" that when a true man of God speaks an athiest will be able to tell the difference. God will save that athiest in spite of everything. Praise God for that!
Standard YouTube License
- 35:07 The Reality of an Eternity in Hellby tlthe5thFeatured 172,303
- 17:39 How to answer a Heretic Part IIby tlthe5th 1,685 views
- 7:14 How to Answer a Heretic Part 1by tlthe5th 3,348 views
- 6:45 Faith is Work. The Work of Godby tlthe5th 30,015 views
- 8:32 THE AMAZING FIRST VERSE OF THE BIBLE - You MUST see this film!by ppsimmons 1,078,552 views
- 9:55 The Bible Answers: Who is the inner man and who is the outer man? Part 1by broelisoriano 4,330 views
- 10:34 The Top 10 Reasons Why the Bible is Repulsiveby GIIVideo 1,011,730 views
- 59:39 Alberto Rivera (Ex Jesuit Priest) Day 4by tlthe5th 16,458 views
- 36 videos Play all Gracelink Videosby TheMessengerofChrist
- 9:18 Have Faith In God Or Else!by FFreeThinker 73,873 views
- 1:06:32 The Bible vs. The Book of Mormonby lhvm 514,049 views
- 29:54 Religious Hypocrites / Bankruptcy of American "Christianity"by tlthe5th 3,674 views
- 5:17 Incredible Facts of The Bible (HD)by MultiArchangel 126,383 views
- 10:00 Tattoos: What's Behind the Ink? 1of2by David Williams 15,677 views
- 6:04 Predestination Error or "Eternal Security" Refutedby tlthe5th 5,741 views
- 2:51 Taking Libertarian Logic to the Spiritual Extremeby AdamKokesh 12,399 views
- 8:51 Who Wrote The Bible? (1/12)by shakirshuvo 128,389 views
- 42:51 Logic --The Structure of Reason (Great Ideas of Philosophy)by filosofiacr 23,677 views
- 14:41 Debating is a mis-use of Free Willby tlthe5th 2,116 views
- 6:09 Real Time with Bill Maher - Atheism is Not a Religionby atheismforthewin1 5,106 views
- 7:49 Brain, Mind & Soul What's the Difference?by atomarane 1,971 views
- Loading more suggestions...