Another Spring - A Renga in 27 parts by 27 Toronto poets. For Japan.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 20, 2011
27 poets, 27 stanzas, 1 poem written in response to the Japan earthquake/tsunami. Another Spring will be printed as a broadside by The Emergency Response Unit and sold to raise funds for Second Harvest Japan.
Note that our definition of "Toronto poet" is flexible.
A renga is a collaborative Japanese form. For more information on the renga, please see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renga
Curated by Sachiko Murakami. Contributors are Sachiko Murakami, Melanie Janisse, Nathaniel G Moore, Jacob McArthur mooney, Dani Couture, Paul Vermeersch, Mat Laporte, Angela Hibbs, Jim Johnstone, Shannon Maguire, Adam Seelig, Liz Howard, a.rawlings, Jenny Sampirisi, Natalie Walschots, Carey Toane, Jay MillAr, Aaron Tucker, Jeff Latosik, Aisha Sasha John, Moez Surani, Leigh Nash, Meaghan Strimas, Michael Knox, Elisabeth de Mariaffi, Stuart Ross and Larissa Lai.
steam-breath prayer for the last thaw --
then check, ok-a-lee --
another steam another
air frost tongue to creator
these tears like talcum
are whipping from wind and rain
I hold these terrors:
light, and light's supervision.
On TV: everyone waddles.
Mud and what's not mud
is smoking, still spring creeps in
one petal, another, more.
A leaf shakes, and another
This time, it's only the wind,
the surge of leafless
March, of secluded trunks, sleep
pressed rough and noon-glazed
spring descends. Finds us yoked to
what we own and do not own:
tremors, mortar re-
positioned on touch, recast
as a folded page --
sobered by earth-line's disrupt
links we have and have
to say hello is human
pollen carrying waves,
fracture along immersed light
cloud cover and love of hope,
clover, slobbered, mud
molten, birdsong, pollen, sprung
arch, of Mrch, pressed Mar
winged crocus say on say on
Ochre shore, swan states, lily-
tongue cleaves soft palate
as planet shifts, a sharp breath
carries word, green leaves
and what's left of the morning.
What sounds remain, shallow shores
wish against the rock
peopled by plants and creatures
in that peopled space cities
bloom fingers leaves tethered fields
and the city in
the city crumbles into
growth, which shrinks, which lifts
as spring is possible, as
forward is not beyond but
So new endeavors arise
by the watered fields
despite memory's acute
weight, or broken bloodfeathers,
or, despite fallout,
called in from play at the first
sign of rain. Alight
these human shivers, global,
like our planet, like our them.
Pretend spring. Island fog
drops shady down: crocus, cherry
blossom, heavy snow.
The tidewaters sleep. Silent
hanami picnic. Still air.
Still there, tectonic
body breathes human love, our
weather's intention --
Standard YouTube License
- 1:17 Step step plonkby Sachiko Murakami 143 views
- 4:07 Joe's Knotsby Zachary Luna 776 views
- 2:59 British Sign Language "Countries" Rengaby signmetaphor 297 views
- 7:07 Rabindranath Maharaj - "The Amazing Absorbing Boy"by AllanGregg 412 views
- 1:50 Parkinson's Disease Makes Easy Things Hard (RAPP Project 2009)by ParkinsonsVic 1,729 views
- 6:28 Haikuby cae12810 3,540 views
- 0:39 Toronto to Japan, with love from Sachikoby TorontoToJapan 526 views
- 4:57 Matsuo Bashoby RaulSantiagoSebazco 13,254 views
- 8:26 Iain MacPhail and Jim Johnstone playing at The Bill Sharp Memorial concert 2002by 1981TURBOTRANSAM1 4,797 views
- 4:55 Social Care - Parkinson's diseaseby Chris Smart 2,236 views
- 3:30 Ep. #18 How to practice keeping an open throat.by singingtelevision 44,177 views
- 2:02 Poetry Bombing With Agustina Woodgate for O, MIAMIby III138III 99,862 views
- 10:38 The Truth Without Photoshop by Official P4CM Poet Janette...ikzby The Passion for Christ Movement 335,779 views
- 2:00 "women" (spoken word poetry)by TheAfropoet 32,298 views
- 0:44 Tanka poetry on Kashmir terrorism by Dr.Talathoti Prithvi Rajby Talathoti Prithvi Raj 202 views
- 2:31 Japan Earthquake: after shocks just minutes after the first quake.by Soness Stevens 338 views
- 3:32 Younce Brothers and Louie Blevins - There'll be another spring.mpgby london2225456 4,317 views
- 9:58 Japanese Cultural Centreby Michael LeBlanc 450 views
- 6:04 P4CM Presents COUNTERFEIT GODS by Featured RHETORIC Poet Jefferson Bethkeby P4CM 30,385 views
- 7:59 P4CM Presents I'm Stupid Juiced! by Official P4CM Poet Eric Vaughnby P4CM 95,925 views
- Loading more suggestions...