CBO: President's Speech Not A Serious Budget Plan
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 23, 2011
To learn more: http://budget.house.gov/News/Document...
On February 15, the President submitted his Fiscal Year 2012 budget. The disappointing proposal was roundly rejected across the political spectrum for its lack of seriousness given the fiscal and economic challenges before us.
On March 18, the CBO offered a preliminary analysis of the President's budget, noting that under the President's budget:
- Federal spending never falls below 23 percent of GDP -- Washington will spend over $46 trillion over the next decade;
- Cumulative deficits are $2.3 trillion higher than OMB estimated;
- The debt increases by $1.8 trillion more than OMB estimate, nearly tripling the debt at the end of the budget window.
On April 13, the President gave a speech in which he offered his opinion on The Path to Prosperity -- a budget that brought an unprecedented level of seriousness to Washington's budget debate. The President and spoke generally of deficit reduction proposals that his administration has sold as a new budget plan. But the President has not submitted a new budget to Congress. The President's initial budget proposal remains his budget plan for the United States.
While many have falsely framed his April 13 speech as a new budget plan, Congress has not received from the Office of Management and Budget any of the proposals mentioned in the speech. All that the Obama Administration has produced is a list of talking points issued by the White House Press Office.
As CBO Director Doug Elmendorf confirmed today at the House Budget Committee, the President's "framework" fails to meet the threshold of credibility that is required of serious federal budget plans. Until the President is willing to put forward a serious plan to avert a debt crisis -- a plan with real, credible numbers -- the nation will continue to suffer from a leadership deficit in Washington that is hindering our economic recovery and impeding job growth today.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:55 Ron Paul's LAST Committee meeting with the Chairman of the FED Ben Bernanke - Wow!by gvloanguy2Featured 7,100
- 4:53 Tim Geithner to Paul Ryan: "We don't have a definitive solution... We just don't like yours"by HouseBudgetCommittee 163,022 views
- 3:49 Paul Ryan on CBO's Dire Economic Warningby HouseBudgetCommittee 1,542 views
- 3:15 The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualizedby HouseBudgetCommittee 320,327 views
- 1:22 CBO Confirms Health Care Law Destroys Jobsby HouseBudgetCommittee 7,582 views
- 1:26 The shocking comment Barack Obama does not want you to hear!by 44Joelmic 5,039,022 views
- 3:10:25 TrentoVision 5.9.13 - Navy SEAL Extortion 17 EXPOSED - Obama Failuresby theunitedwest 181,809 views
- 9:55 How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Votersby John Ziegler 2,796,679 views
- 10:01 Mubarak's Speech, 10_02_2011 (full) 1 of 2by lfspaul 1,174 views
- 7:34 Michele Bachmann Schools Chris Wallace Part Iby speaknowamerica2009 1,020 views
- 6:12 Paul Ryan: Hiding Spending Doesn't Reduce Spendingby AmericanRoadmap 1,327,020 views
- 3:02 CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf on Medicare Advantageby hypocrisywatch09 5,251 views
- 2:53 Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) To Obama: "You're Not Listening" To The People!by Greg Hengler 132,952 views
- 2:53 Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) schools Obama on Healthcareby brian slomer 29,136 views
- 2:08 Con Job - GOP Budget Exposed By CBOby TheYoungTurks 24,377 views
- 2:06 "Rumblings of Dictatorship"by WildBillforAmerica 66,044 views
- 6:12 Paul Ryan Takes Apart Obamacare in 6 Minutesby GooberTheUncouth 360,775 views
- 1:22 Granny Off the Cliffby TheAgendaProject 308,583 views
- 14:52 Romney & Ryan: The first interviewby CBSNewsOnline 86,615 views
- 7:17 I'M TALKING TO YOUby BillWhittleChannel 49,329 views
- Loading more suggestions...