GATA's Bill Murphy on the JP Morgan Silver Shortage and the next Bullion Bank Run!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 5, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. Gold futures slipped ahead of the ECB policy-setting meeting this week, or so the story goes. Do these macro trends drive gold prices as much as the headlines indicate? Our guest Bill Murphy, Chairman of GATA, doesn't think so and he has flown to our studio in Washington DC to make the case.
Last month after a report surfaced that US regulators planned to drop the silver market manipulation probe, CFTC Commissioner Bart Chilton described the report as premature and inaccurate. We haven't heard much since, but our guest Bill Murphy has an update on the bank at the center of silver manipulation claims, JP Morgan. JP Morgan has a major problem with their massive short position according to GATA. Bill believes that it won't be long before their role in the market manipulation scheme is exposed. Meanwhile, the silver market maybe the tightest it has ever been to secure physical supply in size, and delivery can take months. Bill Murphy, author of LeMetropoleCafe.com, forecasts the bank will have a problem with its short silver position in the near future. Could it explode this month? He says yes and explains why.
Also, today's gold and silver markets are not the same your father's precious metals markets. The creation of Gold and Silver ETFs, as well as the growth of the precious metals derivatives market, has had a dramatic effect on prices. We talk to Bill Murphy about how growth in precious metals derivatives and ETFs has led to shifts in the metals market. He tells us why we should be concerned that HSBC and JP Morgan serve as custodians for the major gold ETF, the GLD, and the major silver ETF, the SLV, when they also have large short positions in gold and silver.
Plus, are lap dances an art form worthy of tax exempt status? New York's highest court is scheduled to weigh the arguments for and against. Lauren and Demetri will give you their take on today's "Loose Change."
- 14:59 This is exactly how the US dollar will collapseby allofuscanberichFeatured 38,252
- 28:06 Richard Duncan on Riding out this Depression on a Deflationary Debt Raft!by Capital Account 24,058 views
- 27:51 GATA's Chris Powell on the Silver Manipulation Probe & the Fed Gold Audit!by Capital Account 52,879 views
- 28:03 Gerald Celente on Eurozone Reckoning Day and how Goldman escapes charges!by Capital Account 63,497 views
- 28:02 James Turk gives his timeline on the Dollar's Collapse and Gold's role as the messenger!by CapitalAccount 64,531 views
- 11:56 Eric Sprott: SILVER TO GO SUPERNOVA, PAPER MARKETS ARE A JOKE!by Transferofwealth 79,142 views
- 9:03 $100 SILVER SOON, JP Morgan SCANDAL: the SECRET Is OUT - Bill Murphyby UnconventionalFIN 42,877 views
- 3:34 The Great Silver Price Myth - Whats Silver Really Worth?by Alternative Media & Idea's 28,226 views
- 13:09 Top 14 Reasons To Buy Silver Part 1by The Greatest Truth Never Told 64,353 views
- 9:09 Silver Delivery Problems Expected: GATAby KitcoNews 23,269 views
- 4:47 SILVER vs. CURRENCY "SILVER is rarer than GOLD in Bullion form" (Ryan Jordan)by silver investor.com 20,150 views
- 13:36 The Ten Commandments of Gold & Silver Investingby clearas vodka 7,025 views
- Silver 62,594 videos83
- 27:50 Marc Faber on Hedging the Bernanke Put and QE3 with Gold, Land and Equities!by Capital Account 40,421 views
- 15:12 Top 14 Reasons to Buy Silver Part 2by TruthNeverTold 28,766 views
- 28:31 Catherine Austin Fitts--$2500 Gold Means War 29.Aug.12by FinancialSurvivalNet 12,660 views
- 10:26 Silver is The Achilles' Heel to the Entire Economic Systemby silver investor.com 117,290 views
- 17:13 THE SILVER BOMB: An Opportunity That Will Never Happen Again [Part 1 of 2]by SGTreport.com : peace & †ruth 73,541 views
- 7:52 Forget the $- 1oz of Silver for 45 Acres!by TruthNeverTold 46,663 views
- 28:03 Bob English Shines the Light of Inflation upon the Shadow Banking System!by CapitalAccount 10,888 views
- 28:04 David Stockman on Federal Reserve Arrogance and Monetary Mission Creep!by CapitalAccount 26,675 views
- Loading more suggestions...