How to Do the Camel Pose
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 10, 2008
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Do Yoga Poses videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/319-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Camels—well known for their grumpy temperaments—would benefit greatly from this pose. But good luck getting one to do it.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Kneel on mat
Kneel on the mat with your knees six to twelve inches apart. If you want cushioning to protect your knees, place a folded blanket under them.
The closer together your knees are, the harder the pose will be; the further away, the easier.
Step 2: Lift body up
Lift your body up so you're "standing" on your knees, with your shins and feet still on the floor behind you.
Step 3: Put hands on hips
Put your hands on your hips. Shift your hips a little bit forward as you expand your chest up and a little bit back.
Step 4: Grab heels
Curl your toes under your feet to elevate your heels, and reach back with your right hand to grab your right heel, then your left hand to grab your left heel, expanding your chest even more.
If you have trouble reaching your heels, place your hands on your hips and gently press you hips forward, and lift your chest.
Step 5: Point toes
Point your toes so the tops of your feet come back to the floor and the heels—and your hands—are closer to the ground again. If it feels good to drop your head back, do so. If it feels uncomfortable, look either up or straight ahead to protect your neck.
Step 6: Hold pose
Hold the pose for 5 to 10 even, natural breaths.
Step 7: Release pose
Release the pose by scooping your belly inward to support your lower back as you lift back to upright, then fold forward and rest your forehead on the mat for a few breaths. Feel better? Spit once for 'no' and twice for 'yes.'
Did You Know?
In 1856, U.S. Secretary of War Jefferson Davis imported 75 camels to serve as Army "pack mules" in arid Texas.
Standard YouTube License
- 20:03 Yoga for Complete Beginners - Yoga Class 20 Minutesby YogaVidyaEnglish Featured 4,682,314
- 2:01 How to Do the Crow Poseby Howcast154,119 views
- 1:54 How to Do the Fish Poseby Howcast25,314 views
- 1:37 How to Do the Lion Poseby Howcast44,758 views
- 2:35 How to Do the Scorpion Poseby Howcast217,822 views
- 5:40 Bakasana or Crowe Pose, Yogaby Ekhart Yoga64,755 views
- 4:10 Camel Pose: Ustrasanaby MyYogaOnline3,464 views
- 20:19 Standing Yoga Poses: Home Practice from Yoga Journalby YJ Mag81,675 views
- 7:47 Second Series Ustrasana to Bharadvajasanaby gary barsomian3,925 views
- 3:50 Yoga Pose - Camel Pose(Kundalini Yoga) Videoby HarJiwanYoga6,863 views
- 4:00 Yoga Back Stretching Exercisesby yogabody77791,649 views
- 3:19 Camel Pose / Ustrasana, Yogaby Ekhart Yoga23,569 views
- 8:36 PIGEON POSE [KAPOTASANA] ALIGNMENTby sadienardini149,632 views
- 2:07 Yoga for Headache Relief | Health Tips | Video | Veria Livingby veriawellness3,822 views
- 2:44 How to Do the Plow Poseby Howcast14,332 views
- 1:59 How to Do the Warrior III Poseby Howcast5,017 views
- 4:22 Yoga for Lower Back Pain : Cat Cow Yoga Pose for Lower Back Painby expertvillage1,302,185 views
- 1:35 SADIE'S YOGA SECRETS: CROW POSEby omsadie36,733 views
- 2:31 Camel Poseby Mandy Ingber11,877 views
- 2:22 Moksha's Posture Tip of the Month - Camelby mokshayogavideo17,458 views
- Loading more suggestions...