Blockade Runner - Starman Mining
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 5, 2012
New animations for the Starman, and demonstrate a new system for mining!
Help us reach the top 100 on Moddb's indie of the year 2012 by voting on Blockade Runner's Moddb page! (No registration necessary)
Our Mission Statement:
Blockade Runner has been in development for over a year, and is the beginning of a Multiplayer First Person Adventure game inspired by our childhood with legos and games such as EV: Nova, Pirates, Star Fox, Shadows of the Empire, Tie Fighter, GoldenEye, as well as both Zach Barth's Infiniminer (which proved to us the game is technically possible), and Markus "Notch" Persson's Minecraft, having proved unequivocally that endurance and community could allow a unique vision to blossom.
The game will be a mashup of individual characters inhabiting fully destructible, functional, and living starships, where you and your friends explore, build, fight, and survive a universe filled with galactic conquest! Every chunk of your ship's rusted mass will matter: a single severed utility line could be the difference between victory or defeat, and using our proprietary "Liquid Cubed" algorithm the vacuum of space will at all times be a continual threat with only mere bulkheads seperating you from the endless void!
Developing Blockade Runner is a 7 days a week, full-time passion for us to ensure we deliver on what we've promised. Our minds are set on building something that truly stands on its own, and is one of the reasons why we`re building the engine from scratch rather than using out-of-the-box solutions. With Blockade Runner we hope to bring together the best of the game mechanics we grew up on during 80-90's with what's now possible in the 21st century.
A one of a kind six sibling studio of indie game developers building games together since childhood. With years of experience and a passion for the work, we're excited to be a part of the indie game community!
We'd like to thank both Zach Barth for inspiring us with Infiniminer, and Markus "Notch" Persson for creating Minecraft; without either of which Blockade Runner would not exist
Blockade Runner is currently being developed for the PC and is a custom built engine using XNA as a renderer.
Developer IRC Chat:
ZanMgt's Liquid Cubed Tech Demo:
Music "nibiru rising" by Samuel "SMH" Huse
Music "Meditation" by Whitaker Blackall
Music "Dark-Line Spectrum" by Frank "Skyrunner" Scheffel
Logo's reflection painting by Ajda Gregorcic
Standard YouTube License
- 30:58 Cortex Command in Nazi Land 2: Hitler Rants Againby Spikeyfiggin5,244 views
- 15:06 Blockade Runner - What's new in 0.69.1by ZanMgt6,819 views
- 14:58 Adventures in Blockade Runner 001- How do i shot web?by ArmycadetsAdventures14,645 views
- 2:54 Blockade Runner - The Starmanby ZanMgt4,134 views
- 5:37 Blockade Runner Ship Reviews: KDD Cargo-Cby Random Productions903 views
- 1:06 Blockade Runner - Mining Drill & IOTY Top 100!by ZanMgt4,495 views
- 3:15 Blockade Runner - Galactic Shipyardby ZanMgt6,430 views
- 2:19 Blockade Runner - Multiplayer Huntby ZanMgt3,256 views
- 11:38 Рубимся в карты Portal 2 - Серия #30 [Minecraft in Portal 2 (Part 2 The Mine)]by Игровой канал Павла - Подпишись!173,460 views
- 2:12 Blockade Runner - Destruction Demonstationby ZanMgt13,902 views
- 14:17 Let's Play Minecraft - Mindcrack Server - EP02 - The Build Beginsby VintageBeef49,514 views
- 2:11 Blockade Runner - Multiplayer 0.59.1!by ZanMgt24,141 views
- 7:17 War of the Roses - Beginner Crossbow Tipsby Ice Bowl3,340 views
- 2:00 Blockade Runner - Multiplayer Gravity Boots!by ZanMgt5,224 views
- 5:58 Обзор Blockade Runner - майнкрафт в космосе.by StepanXolera21,567 views
- 1:36 Blockade Runner - Asteroid Walkby ZanMgt3,528 views
- 15:00 Clone Wars Adventures - Galactic Forces [Multiplayer]by JustTheCoolestOne6,899 views
- 5:36 StarMade - How to construct a Turret (Alpha)by Royal Fleet14,769 views
- 1:37 Blockade Runner - Multiplayer Asteroid Diggingby ZanMgt2,305 views
- 3:44 Blockade Runner - 01x-0 Cargo Transportby Synapse705 views
- Loading more suggestions...