Future Of WEIGHT LOSS Diet Goggles Exposed
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 23, 2012
Next Generation Weight Loss Technology being developed in Japan, fooling our eyes to think we are eating more!
Diet delivery services done through technology, do diet goggles combat proportion distortion? This may be a step in the right direct as an effective weight loss option.
Tokyo University scientists are developing what they call ''diet goggles'' designed to trick dieters into eating less. When worn over the eyes, the goggles digitally enlarge doughnuts and other foods, making consumers feel as though they are full.
In the laboratory of Professor Michitaka Hirose, size matters. If your chocolate doughnut doesn't seem big enough, he can make it bigger. And by making it bigger, he says he can help you lose weight.
"There's this idea that depending on whether the size of portions are big or small, the amount of food people consume changes. So we thought it would be interesting to try out the concept using computers."
Hirose's diet goggles use a shape-altering algorithm to make items of food appear larger than they really are, relative to the consumer's hand. A digitally enlarged Oreo cookie, can make the mind believe that one is enough to satisfy hunger, an assertion Hirose says is backed up by tests. When asked to eat normal-sized cookies, Hirose says test subjects could manage up to a twelve in one sitting before feeling full. When the cookies were digitally enlarged one and a half times in a second sitting, the test subjects on average, reduced their intake by more than than ten percent.
"First the computer must recognise the food type. After that, the aim is to reduce and enlarge the size of the food portion for weight loss while the hand holding it stays the same -- that's the point of our technology." Hirose says the technology is far from perfect. Oreos are one thing but odd shaped foods like bananas will confuse the system. Eventually though he hopes to integrate all five senses into a fully immersible virtual world of food consumption, giving consumers greater control over what and how much they eat. "
Weight loss options are plentiful in today's day an age, but this could very well be a diet delivery service which could control the portions of food we consume.
Standard YouTube License
- 59:07 Amish: A Secret Lifeby Weltkirche543,250 views
- 50:13 The Science of Weight Loss | A Life Extension Lecture featuring Dr. Stacey Nottinghamby Life Extension5,435 views
- 1:16:43 The Battle of the Diets: Is Anyone Winning (At Losing?)by StanfordUniversity143,181 views
- 15:24 How algorithms shape our world - Kevin Slavinby TED-Ed63,161 views
- 10:00 Aerobic Fat burning zone myth and true fat burning exerciseby Dr. Daniel Pompa55,546 views
- 8:54 Diet Coke and Mentos Shoots 40+ Feet!by John Byron Hanby, IV71,401 views
- 8:02 Homeless Boy Steals The Talent Showby inspirationbygod103,628,699 views
- 8:45 Control Hunger & Lose Weight | Easy Food Tips, How to, Empty Calories | Psychetruth Diet Infoby PsycheTruth36,987 views
- 7:25 Dieta de la piña para adelgazar 4 kilos en 2 díasby potenciaysalud2,691,584 views
- 2:48 Anja Veterova - Eo Eoby tomatoprodukcija1,996,007 views
- 7:37 Take A Journey To The Year 2020 - 2025 Future Technologyby Future Apichet172,178 views
- 17:14 Future Technology(2020)by Jason Alexis36,677 views
- 5:32 Can a Simple Piece of Paper Change the Way We Eat? Kavita Shukla at TEDxManhattanby TEDxTalks27,053 views
- 21:08 DIETA DUKAN ( -14kg ) Minha experiencia!!!by Fernanda Perins228,943 views
- 4:51 Ashley's Extreme Weight-Loss Makeoverby ABC News424,369 views
- 1:20:36 Lec 1 | MIT 6.046J / 18.410J Introduction to Algorithms (SMA 5503), Fall 2005by MIT495,095 views
- 11:20 Dieta de la LUNA en 3 días! Super EFICAZ / The Moon Diet for Weight Lossby Anastassia Sfeir26,955 views
- 5:43 Dieta de la manzana para adelgazar 7 kilos en 7 díasby potenciaysalud456,444 views
- 2:18 Dieta del limón para bajar el abdomenby Ale Ferro973,037 views
- 1:49 Japan 'diet goggles' fool wearers into eating lessby AFP news agency3,442 views
- Loading more suggestions...