Future Of WEIGHT LOSS Diet Goggles Exposed
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 23, 2012
Next Generation Weight Loss Technology being developed in Japan, fooling our eyes to think we are eating more!
Diet delivery services done through technology, do diet goggles combat proportion distortion? This may be a step in the right direct as an effective weight loss option.
Tokyo University scientists are developing what they call ''diet goggles'' designed to trick dieters into eating less. When worn over the eyes, the goggles digitally enlarge doughnuts and other foods, making consumers feel as though they are full.
In the laboratory of Professor Michitaka Hirose, size matters. If your chocolate doughnut doesn't seem big enough, he can make it bigger. And by making it bigger, he says he can help you lose weight.
"There's this idea that depending on whether the size of portions are big or small, the amount of food people consume changes. So we thought it would be interesting to try out the concept using computers."
Hirose's diet goggles use a shape-altering algorithm to make items of food appear larger than they really are, relative to the consumer's hand. A digitally enlarged Oreo cookie, can make the mind believe that one is enough to satisfy hunger, an assertion Hirose says is backed up by tests. When asked to eat normal-sized cookies, Hirose says test subjects could manage up to a twelve in one sitting before feeling full. When the cookies were digitally enlarged one and a half times in a second sitting, the test subjects on average, reduced their intake by more than than ten percent.
"First the computer must recognise the food type. After that, the aim is to reduce and enlarge the size of the food portion for weight loss while the hand holding it stays the same -- that's the point of our technology." Hirose says the technology is far from perfect. Oreos are one thing but odd shaped foods like bananas will confuse the system. Eventually though he hopes to integrate all five senses into a fully immersible virtual world of food consumption, giving consumers greater control over what and how much they eat. "
Weight loss options are plentiful in today's day an age, but this could very well be a diet delivery service which could control the portions of food we consume.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:54 Diet Coke and Mentos Shoots 40+ Feet!by John Byron Hanby, IVFeatured 42,971
- 1:16:43 The Battle of the Diets: Is Anyone Winning (At Losing?)by StanfordUniversity 119,372 views
- 8:45 Control Hunger & Lose Weight | Easy Food Tips, How to, Empty Calories | Psychetruth Diet Infoby psychetruth 24,307 views
- 17:14 Future Technology(2020)by Jason Alexis 18,185 views
- 10:02 Bodybuilding Flexible Diet P.2 - Hitting macros when eating out - improvisingby flexforall2 23,469 views
- 5:33 Future Technology Watch your day in 2020by LEARNENGLISH F 292 views
- 0:39 Amazing Mobile Technologyby Muhammad Shahbaz 348 views
- 4:27 4 Weight Loss Foods To AVOID That Make You Put On Weight!by MassiveWeightLossNow 13,194 views
- 0:32 Diet glasses to help lose weightby NMANewsDirect 3,324 views
- 9:16 My BEFORE and AFTER Body & Life Transformation Story!by onemadmaz 38,040 views
- 1:56 Touch Light Through the Leaves: A Tactile Display for Light and Shadowby kunicyber 11,656 views
- 5:32 TEDxManhattan - Kavita Shukla - Can a Simple Piece of Paper Change the Way We Eat?by TEDxTalks 19,151 views
- 2:15 東京デザイナーズウィーク2010 「コンテナの車窓」/ Train Window of Containerby munehikosato 1,830 views
- 5:15 Highly integratable large-scale displays for public spaces：Ubicomp 2010 Video/Posterby munehikosato 519 views
- 5:09 Dr. Oz on Weight Lossby DoctorOz 847,283 views
- 14:46 The Healthy Model Diet (What I Eat)by DiamondsAndHeels14 234,989 views
- 0:50 Mad Piloting Landing Skills Through Extremely Windy Weatherby cdanielsnews 86,114 views
- 15:24 How algorithms shape our world - Kevin Slavinby TED-Ed 49,665 views
- 12:19 Healing Cancer with Dietby Francois Roland 793 views
- 9:43 Diet Weight Loss Secret Healthy Tips - Clinical Nutritionby psychetruth 29,715 views
- Loading more suggestions...